Gig tonight and lost voice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

Please pray. Tonight I have a gig with my friend. We will be doing her originals as well as a few covers at a restaurant in North Hollywood. Unfortunately, I began losing my voice on Wednesday due to a cold and this morning it's at its worst. I really don't want to back out on the gig, but at this point I have very little voice to backup with.

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Oh cool :) I'll be praying for you, Jordache!

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
Yes, praying for you as well.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Where at in North Hollywood and what time? I just might come pray for you in person! :D

Praying that your performance goes well regardless, though. :)

P.S. Do you need a bass player? ;)

K

kenisyes

This happened once to my wife. She could not talk before, could not talk after. Sang perfectly. Lord, thank you that you are the God of the impossible.

J

Jordache

Hehehe. What a coincidence? We'll be playing at 9 at the Universal Bar & Grill. That would be interesting if you showed up. ;)

J

Jordache

And I'm sure my friend and I could use you sometime. Tonight we have a bass player and a drummer from the Muslim/Christian connection ministry her dad does.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
If I have a singing gig and lose my voice...
I usually get paid double.

: )

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus for your voice and that all goes perfectly. :)

Hugs and God bless
pickles

J

Jordache

Gig went ok... The sound was terrible. I guess I'm spoiled to have a good sound engineer and a decent system at my church. I think my voice was at about 60% which is fine for doing background. Had I been singing any leads, I would have backed out. Today I'm doing better. Everyday it's a little better. I hate being sick. I always tend to lose my voice, which to me is like losing a leg to a runner. My voice is my life. It's how I worship. It's how I our my heart out to the Lord. It's how I express that which I can't express in mere words. Did I mention I hate losing my voice? However, it's an opportunity to learn how worship the worthy Lord in a different and deeper way. Praise the healing God. He is good an His love endures forever!