Girls love to talk about God with a guy, they WANT a manly man who is His man. So...?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

So, whatcha gonna do ? Become THAT guy :)

How does a guy become that kind of good man after God's own heart so girls everywhere take notice ?

Please, don't bash us toooo terribly hard, miladies :)

And, guys, your question is already there, HOW are YOU going to become 'that' kind of godly guy, a man, like David, who was
pleasing to God, and, who said that, by the way, was it, ahem, God ? ;) :)

So, I guess, being an adulterer was OK after all for David, OH, and what about being a murderer, David had Bathsheba's husband, Uriah, put in the front lines of battle so David could have Bath. all to himself. Selfish, too, huh. That David,, huh ! :)

But, after God's own heart. Did you know that, for the sins David committed, the Lord led David to some awful news through the prophet, Nathan, who posed David a story (with a question) of a man who did something awful and then Nathan said, 'What would you do to that man?'

Guess what David said? "I would kill him, that kind of man isn't fit to live for doing those things !!!"

Nathan then said, 'You are that man, David."

Now, after that awakening 'self-in-the-mirror' story by Nathan, the next thing Nathan said was horrible for David. You know that sin with Bath., of what became conception of Bathsheba's child, David's illegitimate child, since Bath. and he 'indulged' before marriage ? That (incident)? Nathan told David that the child in Bathsheba would die !

David said, 'No, no, not that.' Nathan said though that it would come to pass.

David was 'torn,' he then called on God to have mercy on him and David threw sackcloth and ashes on his head, mourning the coming doom.

And then? Bathsheba had the child, and, David quit mourning, He went on. He said something to the effect of 'While the child was not yet born, I was doing what I could to have God not take my child, but now that the child has been born and died, there is nothing more to do.'

Whoa !!! Is that REALLY what David said, green? Yeah, more or less, this is a 1 Kings or 2 Kings story, I should do more work but I'm tired and the Lord just had on my heart to do a few threads tonight. But, yes, in a nutshell, yes, David said those very words :)

So, guys, GO out there and get a girl, and, pray to God, plead with God that it can be, go to inform yourself of Lord things IF you want a good girl of God or go to a club if you want a worldly girl (just sayin', yes, you can find a Christian girl there too, but, I admit ,and, you do too, don't you, that it's much EASIER to find a girl in church :) )

I'm done, I'm not sure what all I've said that hit a nerve or resonated like a sounding gong and cymbal AFTER the 5 minutes of instrument playing was done. Wheeeee, I made it through, I can say then. And, tooo, you do remember that Chuck Barry show, don't you :)

Night, Christ peeps, God bless you all for doing what David did, working his hardest to serve God, through ALL his many sins, knowing that God was merciful, just, loving, kind, and, ah, yes, of course, peeples, forgiving. Our God is an awesome God. Amens, amens, amenzzzzzzzzzz--z-zzzzzz...... :)

G

GreenNnice

Oh, by the way, after the selfish watching of Bathsheba, the killing of Uriah, the watching the death of his child shortly after being born, and, repenting and crying out to God in sackcloths and ashes, guys, in other words, accepting Christ's discipline, God showed favor to David, he got married and had a son........

You've heard of Solomon, haven't you ? :)

So, accept His leading, even discipline, it is all good from God, GO after that girl,the right way, His way, pray, be bold, GO to church, and, LET HIM LEAD. You just follow.

How will I know, green?

YOu will know. And, it might just not be His time for you to get a girl for marriage, but follow Him, you will be OK, you will know :)

U

Ugly

How does a guy become that kind of good man after God's own heart so girls everywhere take notice ?
I'm not going to become that guy, i'm going to be whatever i am, and if a woman doesn't like who i am, flaws and all, then she can move on, i'm not interested.

G

GreenNnice

I'm not going to become that guy, i'm going to be whatever i am, and if a woman doesn't like who i am, flaws and all, then she can move on, i'm not interested.
Being who you are is just fine ugly, I think we can all agree, you became a new creation in Christ when you believed in Him, accepted Him into your heart, realized the Holy Spirit was inside your temple, too .

David realized it, too, or he would never have become that 'guy' that he became and that was someone who was a man that was after God's own heart, with whom God said He was 'well pleased.'

Why? Because David was perfect, didn't sin much, OH NO! He made soo many, as above I mentioned, but David's repentance and acceptance and ability to go on with God after having seen the pain happen in his life--and, don't kid yourself, losing a child SOON after birth is up there with most excruciating of all pains for a man and father--was just what we are to do in life, we all sin, fall short of the glory of God, daily, it is just in our human nature, but we have become a new creation in Christ and that old nature is gone and we are crucified with Christ, covered by the blood, therefore, when we sin (and we do sin !! ) our sin is covered by the blood of Christ, this is WHY He died on the cross, why Jesus', God's only begotten (birthed) Son, died, ugly, to get us right back to God, we were 'enemies of God,' ALL humans, until Christ made a way for us to have right relationship, again, with God. And, at that very time, it was finished ! We who choose Him to lead their life are His. The Lord leads. Follow Him :)

A

adekruif

Agreed. If a girl doesn't "notice"me because of who I am, i'm not interested in changing myself so she "notices" me. I"ll change to become more Christ-like, but I won't change myself for a girl.

J

jcmy84

Please, don't bash us toooo terribly hard, miladies :)

And, guys, your question is already there, HOW are YOU going to become 'that' kind of godly guy, a man, like David, who was
pleasing to God, and, who said that, by the way, was it, ahem, God ? ;) :)

So, I guess, being an adulterer was OK after all for David, OH, and what about being a murderer, David had Bathsheba's husband, Uriah, put in the front lines of battle so David could have Bath. all to himself. Selfish, too, huh. That David,, huh ! :)

But, after God's own heart. Did you know that, for the sins David committed, the Lord led David to some awful news through the prophet, Nathan, who posed David a story (with a question) of a man who did something awful and then Nathan said, 'What would you do to that man?'

Guess what David said? "I would kill him, that kind of man isn't fit to live for doing those things !!!"

Nathan then said, 'You are that man, David."

Now, after that awakening 'self-in-the-mirror' story by Nathan, the next thing Nathan said was horrible for David. You know that sin with Bath., of what became conception of Bathsheba's child, David's illegitimate child, since Bath. and he 'indulged' before marriage ? That (incident)? Nathan told David that the child in Bathsheba would die !

David said, 'No, no, not that.' Nathan said though that it would come to pass.

David was 'torn,' he then called on God to have mercy on him and David threw sackcloth and ashes on his head, mourning the coming doom.

And then? Bathsheba had the child, and, David quit mourning, He went on. He said something to the effect of 'While the child was not yet born, I was doing what I could to have God not take my child, but now that the child has been born and died, there is nothing more to do.'

Whoa !!! Is that REALLY what David said, green? Yeah, more or less, this is a 1 Kings or 2 Kings story, I should do more work but I'm tired and the Lord just had on my heart to do a few threads tonight. But, yes, in a nutshell, yes, David said those very words :)

So, guys, GO out there and get a girl, and, pray to God, plead with God that it can be, go to inform yourself of Lord things IF you want a good girl of God or go to a club if you want a worldly girl (just sayin', yes, you can find a Christian girl there too, but, I admit ,and, you do too, don't you, that it's much EASIER to find a girl in church :) )

I'm done, I'm not sure what all I've said that hit a nerve or resonated like a sounding gong and cymbal AFTER the 5 minutes of instrument playing was done. Wheeeee, I made it through, I can say then. And, tooo, you do remember that Chuck Barry show, don't you :)

Night, Christ peeps, God bless you all for doing what David did, working his hardest to serve God, through ALL his many sins, knowing that God was merciful, just, loving, kind, and, ah, yes, of course, peeples, forgiving. Our God is an awesome God. Amens, amens, amenzzzzzzzzzz--z-zzzzzz...... :)
I love this thread! And I have to say : Amen :)

Z

zaoman32

I certainly don't have any issues talking about God with any girl, but as has been mentioned twice previously, I'm not going to do it just because a girl wants me to.

You can put up a constant facade of being spiritual 100% of the time, and wanting to do nothing but talk about God to make a girl interested, but you can only keep up a facade for so long. It certainly won't get you through marriage. And now that I think of it, wouldn't talking about God more simply to get a girl interested fall along the lines of manipulation? After all you're changing your behavior for a girl to be turned on.

Here's an idea. Talk about God to strengthen a relationship, whatever the relationship may be (friends, dating, or married). Talking about God just to sound more spiritual, or because you think you should...fruitless.

G

GreenNnice

I certainly don't have any issues talking about God with any girl, but as has been mentioned twice previously, I'm not going to do it just because a girl wants me to.

You can put up a constant facade of being spiritual 100% of the time, and wanting to do nothing but talk about God to make a girl interested, but you can only keep up a facade for so long. It certainly won't get you through marriage. And now that I think of it, wouldn't talking about God more simply to get a girl interested fall along the lines of manipulation? After all you're changing your behavior for a girl to be turned on.

Here's an idea. Talk about God to strengthen a relationship, whatever the relationship may be (friends, dating, or married). Talking about God just to sound more spiritual, or because you think you should...fruitless.
You are to be who God wants you to be . Be real and really put Him first in your life and just keep on becoming more and more into faith in His plans, miladiEs and gents, and, you will show God you are ready to have your faith increased. :)

I

iTOREtheSKY

I'm with Ugly on this....I remember the church I used to attend back in my late teens to mid-twenties. I knew Christian women of all ages...and 80% of them wanted all the things in a man that secular women wanted PLUS wanted to to be a super-star Christian. I'll be honest,still to this day I am turned off by how most women who profess to be Christians act & think,hence why I ended up marrying a non-believer. She actually had more Christ-like characteristics than many Christian woman my own age had & without all the judgement & pressure of trying to be this awesome Christian man 24/7. LOL,of course I am not advising anyone to go out & date or marry a non-believer. ( I as a matter of fact am recently divorced ) - but I am just saying to be yourself...only person you need to worry about impressing (for lack of better words) is God. If a chick can't see you for you,then she can move on down the road,she's not the right match for you anyways.

G

GreenNnice

I'm with Ugly on this....I remember the church I used to attend back in my late teens to mid-twenties. I knew Christian women of all ages...and 80% of them wanted all the things in a man that secular women wanted PLUS wanted to to be a super-star Christian. I'll be honest,still to this day I am turned off by how most women who profess to be Christians act & think,hence why I ended up marrying a non-believer. She actually had more Christ-like characteristics than many Christian woman my own age had & without all the judgement & pressure of trying to be this awesome Christian man 24/7. LOL,of course I am not advising anyone to go out & date or marry a non-believer. ( I as a matter of fact am recently divorced ) - but I am just saying to be yourself...only person you need to worry about impressing (for lack of better words) is God. If a chick can't see you for you,then she can move on down the road,she's not the right match for you anyways.
I hear you, lightlightupthesky, and, the Lord leads. YOU '...__ollow M_.'

Doesn't Scripure , no, I nee to think more before I respod to.wat you just said, God bless. :)

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I want a man who is after God's own heart. I want a man who will talk about God with me, our kids, our small group, etc. He MUST love God more than he loves me because without devotion to God, our relationship will crumble. Besides, a functioning relationship with God is VERY attractive to me.