Giving Thanks (a lot) and thinking (Perhaps more)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SteveM

I've been in hospital for a time recently (hence my absence from the forum) with some medical problems relating to my stomach which, though not intentional, were largely self inflicted. Its amazing what the combination of stress and anxiety and over the counter pain killers can do if you are not thinking.
The UK has a national health service, which is both maligned and praised, often at the same time. Having had recent experience, I can tell you that the people are worthy of all the praise they may receive.
The process was, in part, difficult, because I prefer to be in control, and I wasn't. This was humbling, because although I know that the Lord is in control, and even want him to be, I find that this doesn't necessarily mean I will always like the process.
During my stay, and in the short break I have had since, I have been thinking prayerfully about the things I encountered.
All of the staff I met, without exception, were good to me. In fact, they acted, whatever their faith (and I only got to talk about that with one or two) in a Christ like fashion.
In fact they put me in mind of the actions of Our Lord, in John 13:1-17, where Jesus washes the disciples feet. My feet were certainly washed by people who were obeying an imperative to serve.
It also struck me about that same story that Jesus did his service whilst at the fullness of his power. Who he was and is is evident, and it seems to me that it was His understanding of this that gave the act so much significance.
So I have these prayers:
Thank you, Good Lord, for the healing and help I received.
Thank you Lord, for the people who helped me, and a prayer that they may become your servants in faith as in action.
I ask your blessing on myself, Lord, that I might become worthy to wash the feet of those around me. Amen.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Praying that God will continue to bless you Brother............

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Amen and amen

J

jkalyna

Thank you Jesus for you perfect peace through all this, you never left his side, applying the word to your life, amen.

X

xAlphaOmega

God bless Amen, rejoicing with you that the Lord has given us reminders of how to be a servant.

J

J-Kay

So glad you have been able to hear from the Lord Jesus and share
Him with others. What the enemy meant for evil, God used for good.

May I share something with you I read earlier this evening ?
I read about a man when he was young wanted to do great things for
the Lord. He wanted to have a large ministry. But, it did not go the
way he wanted.
He was sent to a camp for children who had needs. He told of one
young boy brought to him by two others. The young boy was standing
before him crying and he had eliminated himself in his clothing. The
man had no choice but to help the sobbing boy get into a shower and
he had to take off his dirtied and smelly clothes. He helped the young
boy get into clean clothes, and then took his dirty clothes and washed
them. Was this the ministry he wanted ? No. But he knew by this
act the Lord sent his way, was what he wanted to do with his life. He
wanted to serve others the Lord sent to him. He no longer desired