Giving Verses Taking & Complaining Verses Being Content

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 13, 2007
Giving Verses Taking & Complaining Verses Being Content:

I've noticed so many people that are Christians, not just professing to be Christians, but whom are actually Christians, and they're so unhappy in life. For what reasons, those vary, however we as children of God should be the happiest people in the world. We've all heard this like what a million times in life, no matter our age right? Well how true is that statement? It's totally true, I mean okay I understand as Christians we're attacked more than non-belivers and non-Christians, and why? Because those that don't know and don't have a personal relationship and walk with Christ, Satan doesn't worry that much about them and why do you suppose that is? It's because they don't worry about living a good, righteous, and Christian life the way the Lord says we should and are to do. They don't have the blood of Christ applied to them. They could care less what others even God think about them.

So moving on, we the Christians and children of God are tempted, tried, tested, afflicted, worried, etc. and why is it us that deals with this when we do our best to live by God's word and command? Because we DO have Jesus' blood applied, we ARE God's children, we DO have a personal walk and relatioship with Christ, we DO at least TRY to live the best, most upright, righteous life we can as instructed. Sure we fail at times, and mess up, sure we make our mistakes, but we have forgiveness so long as we repent of our wrongs. Yet Satan holds it over and against us, he uses guilt on us. Now mind you, there's a difference in guilt, and conviction. Guilt is when Satan tells us, a Christian wouldn't do that, and so on, whereas conviction is when God says to us, now my child, you know better than to do such things, but I love you none the less, however you need to repent and turn from this sin and wicked way.

Satan does it in an "attacking" manner if you will, and God does it out of a loving manner. He reminds us that while we were wrong, He still loves us no matter what, so much that He sent His only Son to die for us. So what about the things in life such as divorce, death, sickness, loss of friends, your home, your job, and so on? Well think of Job, what happened with him? He lost everything he had, BUT he was faithful to God and what did God do in return for Job? He blessed him double everything he had before. Now I'm not saying you'll literally have twice what you had before, it depends on the situation and what God's will is and everything, but I tell you what, if you aren't blessed touble everything material wise, or people, etc. You will be in some aspect, mental, emotional, spiritual, God will strengthen you so much spiritually.

Your faith will increase so much.Also spiritual gifts, God can most certainly bless and mulitply those as well, as a ''double blessing". We should be happy no matter what happens to us, and what we face and go through in life, and before you say what? listen let me explain myself please. Now I understand it's so hard to be happy and thankful when going through a divorce, loss of a loved one of friend, family, whatever, a job, anything and everything. However, instead of dwelling on the negitive, which is what Satan wants us to do, we need to say hey you know what, it's alright and you know why? Because God is in control, and look at things like this. Sure Satan is the father of lies, confusion, evil, and darkness, and he has power on that stuff, but only as much as God will allow him to put on each of us(remember, God said He will never let us be tempted or bare more than we can handle) and the hand of God is the most powerful and mighty there is out there! So think about that, when Satan comes after you, say oh no you don't you ole devil you, God has more power than you! Rebuke him in Jesus' name and he will flee so fast. Look at the good things in life, look at the positive things. For example, hopefully you'll never deal with divorce, weather it be for yourself, a friend, a family member, parents, or whomever. Well sure it's horrible it comes to that, but at the same time, look at this.

Say one of if not both people were abusive, fighting, etc. all the time, well not anymore. Sure the love was so strong and mutual at one point in time, but then what happened? It wasn't there anymore and so God says He doesn't want either of you unhappy or in an unhealthy and unloving situation. So okay what about a job loss? Well praise God for allowing you to have that job as long as He did, and hey eventually He will give you another, and He will provide all your needs in the meantime. Also if you have a family, well that's more time with the wife or husband, the children, you can do more work for God, you can focus on Him, and His word more, do charity work, anything. Okay so what about loss of someone? Well praise God for knowing them, and the blessing they were upon your life. They aren't suffering anymore, they're better off, they're happy, they're still with you in spirit, and everything. This is just a few examples, but still come on don't you see the GOOD things, and not just the bad?

Remember that God will take the ashes and make gold of them, and He will be honored and glorified thorugh all things, which is what really matters. As it's all about HIM anyways! Here's something I love to go by, and I'm not sure if it's a famous quote or not, but one day, God gave it to me, so yeah...Live, laugh, love, learn from your own and others mistakes, grow, trust in God always, and never give up. Also and lastly, have you ever noticed something important? That God just gives, and gives, and gives to us, blesses us so much, and we don't even deserve it, and yet we tend not to thank, praise, honor, and glorify Him nearly enough? I mean serouisly, so many weather they be Christians and belivers or not, don't just stop and say hey you know what, I'm going to take time out of my day to not tell God about my problems and how big they are or seem to me, but instead to just thank and praise Him. I mean if you literally tried to sit down one day, and count all of your blessings, you couldn't even come close to counting them! We give God what? Sunday's maybe Wednesday? Two to three times a week, so around what...say...maybe...a few hours a week of ''our'' time?

Notice I put ''our'' because it's not our time in reality it's His time. Just like this isn't our life, or the things done, we don't do them,it's God's time, and God's lives. He created all things, all time, everything. So lets just stop going around ''bellyaching'' and ''woe woe is me'' or "Lord what will I do now" or "what's going to happen next?". Embrace life, love life, live life, enjoy the bliss, enjoy the sunshine, enjoy the rain, enjoy the storms life brings! I know you're thinking what? How can I enjoy the storms of life? Well you have the Lord! He's with you every single step of the way, leading, guiding, protecting, giving direction, carrying you, holding your hand, holding the waves up from crashing down upon you during the storm, and so much more! Now for some references and everything, then I'll be done with this. I know this is long, but it's well worth reading, and not just because God chose me to type it up/write it.(notice I said God chose me, not because I did it).

Apr 13, 2007
Now I'll put the Bible verses, it wouldn't post them before, it was too long ^_^

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Matthew 5:42
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. (this one is here because it reminds us that God gives us when we ask, and that He never turns His children away.)

Matthew 6:11
Give us this day our daily bread. (Not only speaking of our daily bread, which is the Lord Himself, but His word, and also all the needs of each day.)

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils; freely ye have recieved, freely give. (While our salvation is free for us, it cost us nothing, yet it cost Jesus His life...still it's free on our part, and we should freely work and do for Him and others as well).

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. (If we give to the Lord, and fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, then things shall be given to us also, blessings.)

Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to suppor the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said,
It is more blessed to give than to recieve.

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?(See God not only gave his only Son, and spared not his life, but sacrificed it and Him for us, and yet He also blesses us so much, giving us all the things we have in life).

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for god loveth a cheerful giver.

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Philippians 4:11-12 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to be abound; every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE, NOR FORSAKE THEE.