Glory, Glory, Hallelujah

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Flannery

Mar 20, 2023
I was reading some contemporary sources form the wars with Napoleon and it occurred to me that Julia Ward Howe had written the Battle Hymn of the Republic about the Battle of Santiago Harbor, which I do remember dimply from high school United States History. They had to go and sink the Maine, I suppose they think they're more religious than we are, those Spaniard with their Inquisition. She also met Blavatsky, and from her you can find out that the evil old witch was that Josephine Pollard woman, (Josephine, also Josephine Boneparte). It's interesting, because there is a single sentence in a religious book by Ellen White, a contemporary from the North, which says that Blavatsky is her primary idea of a real satanist, not that Blavatsky wasn't one, I read her book and she was a Satanist before Anton Lavey was born and got around more too.

The Battle Hymn is much abused. John Brown's Body is interesting, and a guess a neato rallying number, but after I read his doctoral dissertation I wondered, because he wrote it on music and drama. He also wrote a book about Opera and published a Bible concordance. I'm sure the two women were both American, White was from a city called Battle Creek Michigan, and Howe was farther south, so one saw the war with England and the other the war with Spain. It's a North South connection, I never thought I'd find a use for women's studies, but I did. They would have definitely had that song in common, before the Lincoln-Davis split.