Gluten Free?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

ashleyisafreak

Any other Celiacs in here that want to help me out with some tasty recipes? Preferably quick things for lunch and a fast paced life style. I don't have time to concoct an elaborate meal for one all the time. Thanks!

T

tattat

Yep yep, what kinda food do you like? Mexican food has become my favorite now. Try lettuce wraps with tuna or chicken, just season it with your favorite seasoning and some teriyaki sauce. I've found that I have to cook in advance, like for the whole work week, cuz its hard to find something fast on the go. Then pack individual containers so all u have to do is grab and go. If u like potatoes, cut em up into quarters, season them with olive oil or butter, Italian seasoning, and cheese. Bake them until their soft, and yum yum! Bisquick has a gluten-free pancake mix. Instead of mixing it with water or regular milk, use buttermilk.

T

tattat

Hey, is that a bass your holding or a guitar? Seems like we have a few things in common, no gluten and music. I play bass :)

L

leahs23

my cousin i live with doesnt eat gluten and she usually eats oatmeal or chicken and she makes her own bread so she can have sandwiches

T

tattat

Wow, makes her own bread huh, cool. She can eat rice. Do ya'll have a Whole Foods near by. They have gluten free pasta, and a bunch of other gluten free stuff

A

ashleyisafreak

Yep yep, what kinda food do you like? Mexican food has become my favorite now. Try lettuce wraps with tuna or chicken, just season it with your favorite seasoning and some teriyaki sauce. I've found that I have to cook in advance, like for the whole work week, cuz its hard to find something fast on the go. Then pack individual containers so all u have to do is grab and go. If u like potatoes, cut em up into quarters, season them with olive oil or butter, Italian seasoning, and cheese. Bake them until their soft, and yum yum! Bisquick has a gluten-free pancake mix. Instead of mixing it with water or regular milk, use buttermilk.
That sounds amazing! I love lettuce wraps. I actually made those potatoes looong before I found out I was gluten intolerant. GOOD STUFF!
We do have a few stores with a decent sized gluten free section, but it can be super expensive. My mom and I made bread a couple days ago and it was great, just time consuming. Potatoes and salad are my best friends right now till I get all this figured out :)
And that is a guitar in that picture. It's my baby. Seems as if we do have a bit in common!

T

tattat

Fa sho! Fa sho!, yea, my bass is my baby too :) potatoes and meat are my best friends - my bff calls me a lumber jack! LOl, but yea, buying gluten free products is extremely expensive, so when my budget gets tight I eat a lot of rice, and quesadillas (corn tortillas & cheese) :)