God and Animals

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 24, 2012
Hi All

I don't know why i watched this video, people was talking about it at work. The video is about how dogs are treated in China. First of all to the Chinese christian's i not trying to offend anybody i just want to make a point it be the same if it was another country.

Now on this video it was extremely painful to watch as i am a great animal lover. but i guess you all know what is done to cats and dogs and racoon dogs over in China i won't go in to it but this video made me very angry and i hated the people who did this to the animals i was so angry and that is not what God want's me to be or anybody else but it so hard i still angry now so i thought i'd talk to my fellow christian's to calm down.

Why i was angry well because and inoccent animal was being killed horribly
It is Gods creatures
feel like i want to do more about it but i can't i signed my name on particapent but feel like i should do more
And it has broken my heart real bad.

If they want to eat cat's or dog's that's fine it is the culture but why do it in an evil way why not just do it quick painless as possible.

Well thanks for reading i jus wanted to get this off my chest cos it not good being angry it not what God wants us to be

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Animal cruelty for the sake of cruelty alone is a sin in my opinion. Those that commit such acts will have to answer for them. God charged us to be good stewards of all His creations........and such acts would violate that in my opinion.

Cruelty for the sake of cruelty is evil manifested into action in my opinion.

R

reject-tech

In vietnam, it's not uncommon to have a dog's vocal chords removed so they don't annoy the neighbors.
Instead of barking, they kinda go "hack hack"
Made me cringe.

If only we felt so strongly about people the way we do about animals.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
yeah, while animal cruelty is horrible, and I think God loves all his creations, people are people and animals are animals. when my grandfather was sick with cancer years ago, the pastor of their church and I were talking and this subject came up. he said, " you know people will take half day off work, take their pet to the vet, spend hundreds of dollars, and be fine with it, but they won't leave work half hour early, go 5 miles out the way to spend 30 minutes with a sick person".

Oct 14, 2013
Deuteronomy 22

4 Thou shalt not see thy brother's ass or his ox fall down by the way, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt surely help him to lift them up again.
6 If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young:
7 But thou shalt in any wise let the dam go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
yeah, while animal cruelty is horrible, and I think God loves all his creations, people are people and animals are animals. when my grandfather was sick with cancer years ago, the pastor of their church and I were talking and this subject came up. he said, " you know people will take half day off work, take their pet to the vet, spend hundreds of dollars, and be fine with it, but they won't leave work half hour early, go 5 miles out the way to spend 30 minutes with a sick person".
Sadly, this probably happens more often than we think, however, thank God there are believers who WILL visit the sick, and pray for them.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
In vietnam, it's not uncommon to have a dog's vocal chords removed so they don't annoy the neighbors.
Instead of barking, they kinda go "hack hack"
Made me cringe.

If only we felt so strongly about people the way we do about animals.
True......oh, wait, are you saying we should remove the vocal chords of people who annoy us?

(hack, hack, gasp.......... :) )

God bless

W

wanderer

Animals like dogs are individuals. Why else would your dog respond to it's name, when you called?

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel. Proverbs 12:10

The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made. Psalm 145:9

Jun 24, 2012
Is this done by a vet and under i can't spell it but i will try anisatic. If it is then it not so bad.
But i tell you a little bit of what they do in china is that they beat the dog up break its bones so cant move then cook it alive and take it out don't forget the dog is still alive and then they also skin it alive.
I know that i said before that i wouldn't go into it but to help me explain this how can anybody do this.
some of these dogs are peoples pets so they are also stealing the animals from their owners.
So it not not give a good impression of the people who do this maybe they are really nice people with friends and helpful to people. But why give so much pain to an innocent animal that done no wrong.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
L

letti

Animals can be a whole lot more loving than us.They don't love so conditionally like some people.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Animals can be a whole lot more loving than us.They don't love so conditionally like some people.
Speaking of "domesticated" furry beings I hope..........but that would exclude Pit Bull I hope........ :)

L

letti

Speaking of "domesticated" furry beings I hope..........but that would exclude Pit Bull I hope........ :)
Yes,domesticated dogs and cats,I have a cat,he leaves and comes home all the time never any less loving.

L

letti

I would love a parrot, but they are expensive and if it ever get sick that would be expensive also.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yes,domesticated dogs and cats,I have a cat,he leaves and comes home all the time never any less loving.
I had a cat once, but I began to crave Sweet 'n' Sour Pork...........hmmmm, wonder where that cat went?