God and Time

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
My thought is that time is a construct of the creation when God set the uninverse in motion

“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And so we the creation are within the construct of time limited by it , but he is outside of the construct being the one who existed before time was constructed eternity is not within time , time is a construct within eternity

peter is talking here saying that in the end times people will be wondering “ I thought this Jesus was going to come back where is he ? Everything is just going on like always …. Peter assures them he will return but makes this point

“But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is evidenced when he tells Adam “ you’ll surely die in the day you eat the fruit “ yet adam lived 935 years and then he died .

God isn’t within the construct or limits of time he created it and existed before and will exist after so his ways are not subject to its construct when Jesus said “ I’m coming soon “

tbat to us means maybe a couple years or something but to him soon may mean ten thousand years because he’s speaking from an eternal perspective

if you experience eternity “ soon “ might be thousands of years but if you are mortal a hundred years seems like an extremely long wait and doesn’t feel like it’s “ soon “

time is part of creation God is the creator
Great thoughts, my friend. I stepped out on my back patio after work this morning around 1am, and the sky was unusually clear for where I live (light from our nearby city and pollution tends to muddy our view of the cosmos from my suburb). I just marveled as I always do at God's awesome creation. There is beauty, order, and structure, and time is a key function of this finite universe. I echo king David's meditation when he tilted his head towards the sky:

Psalm 19:1

New King James Version

The Perfect Revelation of the Lord

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

19 The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament[a] shows [b]His handiwork.

I can't imagine how beautiful the night sky was in Israel back in David's day--billions of stars clustered together with vibrant colors mixed within the constellations and solar systems. We are not alone and are a part of something much bigger than ourselves. "...In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, / Which is like a bridegroom coming out of His chamber, / And rejoices like a strong man to run it race. / Its rising is from one end of heaven, / And its circuit to the other end; / And there is nothing hidden from its heat" (Ps. 19:4-6).

Our earth/sun relationship primarily drives our perception of time with our 24 hour days and seven day weeks. Like you said, God created time. He is eternal and not subject to the physical constraints we are in this mortal state. The finite cannot comprehend the infinite; we need the Holy Spirit to begin grasping the great "I AM"!

I like what David's son Solomon had to say in his great wisdom poetry of Ecclesiastes chapter 3, and I am going to let it speak for itself. Look at how many times "time" is quoted in these verses:

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

New King James Verion

Everything Has Its Time

1 To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:

2 A time [a]to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;

3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;

4 A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;

7 A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;

8 A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
This connection between Trumpets and Pentecost is intriguing.

Perhaps, it is similar to the strong connection between the Day of Atonement and Passover (Jesus' sacrifice tore the veil to the Holy of Holies and made atonement possible between us and God through His blood). Once Satan is out of the picture, I can't wait to see how a Godly society will truly function under Christ's leadership.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day of the Lord also called the Blessed day is key to understanding end time events

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Start Date
Month: /
Day: /
Year:
Date:
Today
Add/Subtract:(+) Add(–) Subtract
Years:
Months:
Weeks:
Days:
Include the time

From Tuesday, September 23, 2025
Added 1335 days
Result: Sunday, May 20, 2029---This the day of Pentecost from the Feast of Trumpets in 2025