God changed my husband:)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gardin

I am so thankful for the amazing work God is doing in my husband!
He has turned his life around, I had been waiting so long for him to start living for God and now it has happened, and on saturday he preach God's word for the first time in 4 years :D vúhúú

9 months ago our relationship was falling apart, and I couldn't even talk to him about God without him getting angry or sad. Because he used to be so close to God but then something happened and he wandered away from Him for almost 5 years!
I got saved when we had been together for 6 months. As I got closer to God our relationship started to get worse. It is hard having the man you love not supporting the thing that is most important to you, I couldn't even listen to christian music around him and he got mad when I went on to many prayer meetings.
I kept on hoping that God would change him, but it was so hard to be patient and I would often fall apart, I went to his mother and she prayed with me and she supported me.
I couldn't understand this because from the stories people would tell me of him from when he was a teenager, he had nothing but God and nothing was as important to him as God and he was on fire for him.
(But I understand now, it is very hard to get go back to God after you have wandered away from Him and especially after being ignoring him for years.)

For about 2 years we argued ALOT and he was really depressed, we loved each other very much but we were not happy. I told him I needed a break, buuut that lasted for about a week and we were still "friends with benefits" for 4 months :/
God was always letting me know how wrong this was, I felt really bad but I just didn't want to leave my boyfriend, and then I started feeling worse because I realized I had been choosing my boyfriend over God.
I felt disgusting, disgusted with myself and what I was doing, I couldn't do this any longer I knew I had to leave, I packed up my stuff in hurry and never wanted to go back there again. It was such a relief to finally get out of this and being able to focus on God, i felt so free! :)

A week after that my boyfriend had a dream and God showed him what kind of person he had become. He turned his life back to God and WOW! I have never seen anybody change so much in such a short time! He literally changed over night!

We got back together a month later and both agreed that this time we would do this right and God would be the center of our relationship :)
God blessed us and our relationship got sooooo much better I cant even describe it :) We got married in july and have never been as happy!
I am so increadibly blessed! Now it is so important to my husband that we do this together and I just love how supportive and caring he is. He is even pressing me to pray more, read and spending time with our Lord, something I never expected he would do, or at least I could not imagine that God would change him this much :)

God is so amazing!! I am so incredibly thankful to him
:D
Good things come when we trust him and allow him to take control of our lives because he always knows what's best for us! :)

Jul 29, 2012

Amen Sister. Free Choice is a hard row to hoe sometimes and the devil is a great and powerful enemy. I came to notice that the devil would use my fall short moments to whisper in my ear that Jesus could never want me again. That he can't forgive you. Maybe he could the first time but not now knowing all you know about him. And after knowing all of that you still did that sin and you knew it was one. Jesus doesn't want you.
Now I tell the Devil to get behind me in the name of Jesus. If it's a sin that the devil brings up to me and I know I haven't repented it -- I DO RIGHT THEN -- and if I have already repented it I tell Satan to take it up with Jesus because I have passed it on and Jesus says he it's thrown in the deepest ocean. To never be brought back up. So if he has a problem with it to take it up with Jesus.
So if you fall off the horse Jesus is saying get back on and ride.

G

gardin

So if you fall off the horse Jesus is saying get back on and ride.

Yeah exactly! or as my youth pastor told me; Jesus doesn't count how many times we fall, he counts how many times we stand up :)

Jul 29, 2012
I also meant to tell you congratulations on your marriage. I pray you and your husband have a long happy blessed life together.

X

xino

thats good stuff to hear man

and it was good and clever when you found out you put your bf above god and decided to do something about it

M

Mannys_mom

Hello... I love you testimony... I am going though that right now... I was wondering if you could give me a lil more detail on what you did while you guys were broken up???

I am so thankful for the amazing work God is doing in my husband!
He has turned his life around, I had been waiting so long for him to start living for God and now it has happened, and on saturday he preach God's word for the first time in 4 years :D vúhúú

9 months ago our relationship was falling apart, and I couldn't even talk to him about God without him getting angry or sad. Because he used to be so close to God but then something happened and he wandered away from Him for almost 5 years!
I got saved when we had been together for 6 months. As I got closer to God our relationship started to get worse. It is hard having the man you love not supporting the thing that is most important to you, I couldn't even listen to christian music around him and he got mad when I went on to many prayer meetings.
I kept on hoping that God would change him, but it was so hard to be patient and I would often fall apart, I went to his mother and she prayed with me and she supported me.
I couldn't understand this because from the stories people would tell me of him from when he was a teenager, he had nothing but God and nothing was as important to him as God and he was on fire for him.
(But I understand now, it is very hard to get go back to God after you have wandered away from Him and especially after being ignoring him for years.)

For about 2 years we argued ALOT and he was really depressed, we loved each other very much but we were not happy. I told him I needed a break, buuut that lasted for about a week and we were still "friends with benefits" for 4 months :/
God was always letting me know how wrong this was, I felt really bad but I just didn't want to leave my boyfriend, and then I started feeling worse because I realized I had been choosing my boyfriend over God.
I felt disgusting, disgusted with myself and what I was doing, I couldn't do this any longer I knew I had to leave, I packed up my stuff in hurry and never wanted to go back there again. It was such a relief to finally get out of this and being able to focus on God, i felt so free! :)

A week after that my boyfriend had a dream and God showed him what kind of person he had become. He turned his life back to God and WOW! I have never seen anybody change so much in such a short time! He literally changed over night!

We got back together a month later and both agreed that this time we would do this right and God would be the center of our relationship :)
God blessed us and our relationship got sooooo much better I cant even describe it :) We got married in july and have never been as happy!
I am so increadibly blessed! Now it is so important to my husband that we do this together and I just love how supportive and caring he is. He is even pressing me to pray more, read and spending time with our Lord, something I never expected he would do, or at least I could not imagine that God would change him this much :)

God is so amazing!! I am so incredibly thankful to him
:D
Good things come when we trust him and allow him to take control of our lives because he always knows what's best for us! :)

B

Brighthouse

Sister Gardin,First, thanks so much for sharing how the dead can be brought back to life only by and through our Jesus! For many years after receiving our Lord Jesus in my own life,I looked to lead him. Lol Not a good idea! i was in a great strom and didn't even know it! I had to learn the hard way myself! I looked to run,from storms, i looked to blame others for the storm,i even would lie about the storm I was in to myself!( Matt 5:45)

Thomas Edison failed 1000 times creating the lightblub before finally he did create it,asked what he learned from all of his failures he replied,i LEARNED!!!! 1000 ways how NOT to create the lighblub! So it is with the believer sis as you have found out. For the Lord wishes us to place our hope( expectant hope! Rom 15:13 hope!) Upon every area of our life,so that we can help another in theres. Hence what the Lord truly showed you dear sister is the true defination of who a helpmate truly is, and how they are to act!

Others can become angry when another has been established in God's peace, for they desire it,but there pride does not wish to submit that another has truly found this! But this is not to be boasted in,but rather as you did in love shown to the other! From Love, peace can indeed become established for the other they love.LOVE not in self,but in perfect love as you yourself learned through and only by our blessed Jesus!

Storms in our life are not meant to be run from, but rather endured through!( heb 10:36) For it is only by enduring such, as you did, that others like us can truly learn how and why storms come to us in the first place! We will make mistakes,we all have weakness,we also have this promise from our Wonderful Counselor, our Prince of peace,our Lord of Lords!! Our King of Kings!( Phil 1:6) Your husband found out, that God loves you no matter how you feel, or what you believe! But peace can only become established in us,when we believe in what Jesus stands for, and by all of the works God has done so that we may become established in him in the first place!( Col 2:7!!)

And so with great joy we all share in the power of God to grant the same mercy and grace to all of us, as he did your husband! ( 1 cor 4:20!!) Your believed in your faith, that you have been established and broke your husband out of jail!( acts 16:26!! AND SUDDENLY!!!! Indeed!! Please do read this to confirm all of the wonders Jesus has done for you both,for when one becomes free in Christ Jesus others will be as well!( acts 16:22-36!!!) Thanks again sister for sharing with us,what believing in Christ both means and indeed AND SUDDENLY DOES!!! amen!

D

danschance

Thank you for the uplifting testimony of what God is doing in your life and your husband's life. We serve an amazing God who cares for us. What a joy a when we see our prayers answered.

Unfortunately, my unsaved wife and I are currently separated and she is talking of divorce. I don't know if my marriage will be successful or if she will be saved, but I pray for her daily and hold on to hope.

Congratulations on your marriage. The best part of your post for me was when you said you both agreed that God would be the center of your relationship. That is the three fold cord that is not easily broken, the sure foundation. May God richly bless your marriage!

T

TimothyA

Great story and testimony to God's love for us and how there are no bounds to how far He will go to find us. The power of your faith and love obviously brought you through some difficulties and were a light to your husband. Congratulations on being a great light for him and on your marriage.

G

GodisGlorious1

God is so amazing! Thank you for sharing.

K

kip-s

WHO SAYS PRAYER DOESN'T WORK?!!! I'm so glad for a faithful God. This is a powerful testimony. I can't wait to share it with anyone who cares to listen and especially those who have problems in their marriage! Thanks for sharing!

Sep 26, 2013
Praise the Lord, and congratulations on your marraige, I am going through something similar to your story, God has softened my husband too and gotten to the centre of both of our pain, Praise the Lord

Mar 12, 2013
Thank you for Posting !
This gives me even more hope for my marriage :)

B

burlass

May the wind of the lord be upon your relation all the days of your life Thank you for Posting God bless you.

S

Sheerah

That was really amazing! May the Lord bless your marriage, and sustain it with His grace from above. Thanks for sharing. God bless you