God fearing husband needs help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jesse

I'm a husband and a father of five. First grand daughter about three weeks ago. I writing here cause I'm losing my connection with jesus and everything is making me just want to cry. My job keeps me working on holidays and nights. Shift work is killing me little by little. I went to church this morning and just felt like I'm not good enough for god. Hard to rise my hands when it use to come easy. Sing along and just praise. I fell like I'm not a good father and husband. I try my best to be a good provider but I took a ten dollar pay cut to be home more but my wife gets upset cause our life style changed. I'm lost in every way possible. Can someone help me and tell me how to reconnect with God and be happy again

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
Hello brother.....unfortunately we cannot change others.....we can't even change ourselves without
God.....I also do shift work......and when I find myself complaining about my job.....I start to thank God....I think your are trying to do this alone......nice try .....but it always proves fruitless for me....
We can do nothing without God....our jobs ....our families..... We must live each day in thanks.....
Not to look ahead and predict our own outcome......we know as Christians that today is what we
take care of......tommarrow ....God says .....takes care of itself......you have a job...keep in mind there
are so many that don't have any job....material things are nice.....but not necessary....you have your family ....and no money can buy the time you need to be together.......just seems like yesterday......my
baby girl was crawling.....then graduating high school......now what seems like only a minute ........she has giving me three grands.......I'm watching my youngest granddaughter .....just two.....and I can't
understand where this time has gone....remembering the sweet...but struggling times I had while her mother was this age.....looking back.....the struggles is what is part of my fondest memories.......
seize the day....live in the moment.....because that's what gives us the love we have for the ones around us...before you walk into your job.....before you walk into your home....thank God for being there waiting for you to open the door.... and see the real blessings you have.....find peace......jo

T

tenderhearted

Sorry that you are feeling this way. Sometimes in the storms of life it's a challenge to see things through God's perspective... It can even feel like there is no end in sight. I understand... we've all been there. :) I encourage you to hang on and to keep praising God-- even if you feel like you can't. Thank God in the storm. Remember where you are weak, God is strong. God is working everything out for your good, even if you can't see what He is up to. It's important to stay in constant communication with God-- that's where you'll find your strength when you feel like giving up. I will pray for you.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
It sounds like you are depressed to me. Sometimes this is a spiritual problem, and sometimes it is physical. Shift work can be a big factor in someone's mental health.

My advice is to see a doctor, and tell him you have lost your joy. (That's what it sounds like to me!) I hope he will give you some treatment, therapy and/or medication.

I would read this article, and do some research on shift work. You may not be able to change jobs, but with medical help and an understanding that you are not alone in your problem, it may help you to get back on track.

"Depression and Mood Disorders. Some studies have found that shift workers are more likely to suffer from symptoms of depression and other mood disorders. The social isolation of shift work surely takes a psychological toll. Shift work might also affect brain chemistry directly. One 2007 study found that when compared to day workers, night workers had significantly lower levels of serotonin, a brain chemical that plays a key role in mood.

Shift Work Health Risks: Heart Disease, Ulcers, Obesity, Diabetes, Depression, Accidents

S

seeking1

Hold on. God with His light is on the other side of that cloud.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I pray that when you hear those voices in your head saying you are not good enough, that you will hear God's truth about how much He loves you in your heart. That you will be given a deeper sense of worth in Christ and in Christ alone. You don't have to earn this worth - that is what grace is all about.

Know that Jesus has not lost His connection with you. He carries you in His heart forever.

God bless..

Nov 30, 2013
I'm a husband and a father of five. First grand daughter about three weeks ago. I writing here cause I'm losing my connection with jesus and everything is making me just want to cry. My job keeps me working on holidays and nights. Shift work is killing me little by little. I went to church this morning and just felt like I'm not good enough for god. Hard to rise my hands when it use to come easy. Sing along and just praise. I fell like I'm not a good father and husband. I try my best to be a good provider but I took a ten dollar pay cut to be home more but my wife gets upset cause our life style changed. I'm lost in every way possible. Can someone help me and tell me how to reconnect with God and be happy again

Brother Jesse,

Who did God call to be the hus-band, the head of the house hold? Meaning to band around the family and hold the family together with Christ as the foundation. Sorry to say, ur wife is more concerned about material things than she is about keeping the family together and healthy. Seek God through prayer and step out on faith concerning cutting ur hours to be with ur children even if ur wife is bent on making life hard for you because of less money. Remind her of her vows she made before God and man. For rich or poor that she will love u til death do u part. Then u will know if she loves u for ur wallet or as a partner in every aspect of marriage. It wont be easy but it will keep u from losing ur mind and ur salvation and ur children, and hopefully ur wife. This will also show u if ur wife is really a Christian or in name only. As Christians we cant live like the world because the world will swallow us up and spit us out. God says, "Be in the world but not of the world." What does it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul. Mark 8:36. Ask your wife, why she married you. If the foundation isnt sound, then no amount of money will keep it together.

Nov 30, 2013
To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread a man (person) will transgress. Proverbs 28:21.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Happiness comes from within, not from without. If you are looking to be happy because of your wife, kids, job, money, or whatever else, you will never be happy. Happiness comes from within, and the Bible teaches how a person can do this, Be content with what you have. Those who desire more, will not be happy until they get that more, only to realize once they have that more, they want even more. Did that make sense?
Do you know the happiest people in the world are? Children. Why? Because they are happy with what they have, even third world, starving children, will be singing and laughing and playing with dirt. (missionary friend of mine witnesses that) Children don't worry about things, they don't desire to have more than what they have. If you want a peace that surpasses all understanding, then be content with what you have. The happiest adults i have been around, are those who have nothing and want nothing. Learn to be content with what you have, and happiness will follow.
The world is unhappy, because they WANT, WANT, WANT.
Also about reconnecting with God, satan will do all that is in his power to try to stop you from doing this, he will try to get yo to worry, or to feel guilty, not worthy, or whatever else to keep you down and out, and not connected with God. Jesus taught us plainly what gets rid of satan and that is the Word of God, read it daily, get in on CD and listen to it on the way to work, at work if you can, on the way home from work. me personally i chose a career that would allow me to listen to the Bible all day long, which i do.
It is written if you draw close to God then He WILL draw close to you. If you are feeling unconnected from God, it is because you have drawn away from Him, and therefore God draws away from you. Get involved in a Church, join a Bible Study, volunteer as shelters, feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit the sick. Draw close to Him, and God will draw close to you. But if you are not drawing close to Him, then why is it a surprise if you feel disconnected from Him? Get into the Word.

^i^ Responding to OP