God Forgives

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

youthablaze

The story of David and Bathsheba can be seen as many things, about judgment and condemnation, and also about God's grace, hope and restoration. If we are willing to admit our sin and accept God's judgment, grace and restoration it is both. For those of us who have experienced moral failures, sins this story reminds us of God's plan, not to kill us once we sin right away but to grace us, and restore that relationship with Him.
When David realized what he did he asked God for forgiveness which God had already forgiven him. However sometimes we as Christians fall in sin and try to cover up what we did, try to justify it; so we tell a lie which we say will not harm anyone, and that lie will eventually lead to another one...(then we run to God asking him to take us out of this mess..however...if at first we acknowledge our sins and asked for forgiveness, we would not be in that mess.
God's grace will extend towards us and He will try to restore the relationship with Him. Stop seeing God as a big monster who will punish as we do something wrong, He is the only perfect one let us humble ourselves and acknowledge our faults and God will make it right with us. After all that is what the enemy seeks, for us to feel guilty when we've done wrong and let us think that GOD is unforgiving, but remember (1 John 1:9-10 NKJV) If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. {10} If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

God help me to acknowledge my sins right away, help me to come to you once I've messed up. God I acknowledge that I am not perfect and it is my desire to be as Holy as you are. Tank you for your grace that carries me each day. Amen