God in our lives

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 5, 2013
We all pretty much have the same habits and routines regardless of our beliefs.

The regular day for a lot of people goes as follows:

Wake up early in the morning, take a shower, make the kids breakfast, make your own breakfast, get the kids off to school, go to work, come home, feed the kids, feed yourself, get the kids to bed, watch some tv, go to bed.

And on and on. That's a pretty reasonable description of modern life I'm sure you'd agree.

So where does god come into that? How does god impact any of that? What is god reaponsible for in the daily routine of life? What active effect does he have on us now?

SpudLove

Jan 17, 2013
Let me add some comments to the first few points...

Wake up early in the morning, - Praise God you are awake, well, and able to place your feet to the floor and walk (some people don't have that ability alone).
take a shower - thank God you have warm water (others dont, remember it is a luxury)
make the kids breakfast, - thank God for the food you eat, and for what God has provided for you.
make your own breakfast, - as above
get the kids off to school, - Pray to God your children will be safe through their day, and education.

(You probably see where Im going with this!!)

B

Bryancampbell

Well He:

Woke you up
Provided clean water for you to take a shower
Provided food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Provided transportation to go from place to place
Provided you a job to get bills paid, and food
Provided school for your children, giving them also an education

Our Father provides us with all our needs, physical and spiritual.

Jesus said, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." - Matthew 6:33 NASB

It's our solemn responsibility to rely our trust entirely on the Lord for everything, even when it doesn't come when we want it, or when we see it. If you want we all could go into deep detail of how God impacts our lives, example is giving your heart the strength to beat everyday till you die. Giving you the ability to breath air. God responds when we come to Him, but only His will determines His response, by His nature and attributes, by His grace and mercies, by His judgements and corrections.

The effect is this, without God, your entire existence isn't possible, that alone is without luxury.

L

letti

Yes we should with everything always be thankful.

Sep 5, 2013
Ok I can see where your all going here. I didn't think you'd attribute the everyday things to god. So basically your thanking god that you were fortunate enough not to be born in the third world?

B

Bryancampbell

Ok I can see where your all going here. I didn't think you'd attribute the everyday things to god. So basically your thanking god that you were fortunate enough not to be born in the third world?
Even in those countries, some are blessed in ways we don't even realize.

It's not about what God must attribute to our lives, but what He has already done, and accepting it with thanksgiving in our heart, trust in Him, and actions taken by faith in love.

God already attributed things that the world cannot see.

Sep 5, 2013
So it it wrong for me to take credit for feeding my family? That food is there because I bought it. I bought it out of the money i was paid for doing my job. I got that Job because I educated myself. I educated myself because I wanted a better life.

Aren't I responsible for any of it? Or was it all god?

B

BeanieD

God gave you that desire, He allowed you to be able to work, Provided the job so gthat you could feed your family, house them, and what ever else. Just as in Job, it all could be taken away in an instant, and it has for other people and not of their choosing. Thank God that you still have a job in an economy such as this, as many many people are out of work.

Blessings, and grateful

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You know a Christian friend of mine is in his eighties or nineties I am not quite sure, Yesterday he and I were talking about Bible prophesy at his house and the subject came up on how everyone complains how bad life is and how horrible the economy is and such. He explained to me how he and his family had to go through life and how his grand parents lived. Basically he and his family did not have electricity or t.v. their houses looked like your shed except for the few rich people. and his grand parents didn't even have in door plumbing. to cook you had to light the fire with wood and such and in the summer cooking dinner was not fun because of how hot is was outside plus the cooking heated the entire house.

It made me realize we have it so well compared to back then.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
First warchild, it is very disrespectful to not capitalize GOD! We are talking about who YHWH is here, and I think you should use the same conventions we do, if you want to discuss this atheistic nonsense. We have others who are atheists, but at least show that minimum amount of respect.

I am severely disabled by Rheumatoid Arthritis and quite a few other diseases. I praise God that he saved me from my sins, and for each day to praise him that he is a living God, who loves me and came to save me by dying on the cross. The fact that I am in pain and can't walk, the North American definition of a life not worth living (it is not just starving people in 3rd world countries who have issues to deal with) but I am filled with joy because of the grace and mercy of God, means God is not only real, he is working in our hearts and lives.

God has shaped, molded and transformed me into a different person. I am not bitter and angry anymore, I am full of joy knowing that my God has a good life planned for me now, and a better life planned after the resurrection.

I also work in long term care, and the most peaceful people I know are those in power wheelchairs and seniors in their 100's who can thank God each moment of the day for the life he has given them.

Your basic premise is that God is of no use. But you are 100% wrong in that assumption. I imagine I would be dead by now if it wasn't for God. Instead, I am able to help others who are hurting.

Or do we all have to perfect in your evolutionary atheistic world? Because that is the world that atheism has created. Only the fittest should survive. No compassion or caring for the weak or the hurting.

Rejoice in the Lord, always! And again I say rejoice!!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
First warchild, it is very disrespectful to not capitalize GOD! We are talking about who YHWH is here, and I think you should use the same conventions we do, if you want to discuss this atheistic nonsense. We have others who are atheists, but at least show that minimum amount of respect.

I am severely disabled by Rheumatoid Arthritis and quite a few other diseases. I praise God that he saved me from my sins, and for each day to praise him that he is a living God, who loves me and came to save me by dying on the cross. The fact that I am in pain and can't walk, the North American definition of a life not worth living (it is not just starving people in 3rd world countries who have issues to deal with) but I am filled with joy because of the grace and mercy of God, means God is not only real, he is working in our hearts and lives.

God has shaped, molded and transformed me into a different person. I am not bitter and angry anymore, I am full of joy knowing that my God has a good life planned for me now, and a better life planned after the resurrection.

I also work in long term care, and the most peaceful people I know are those in power wheelchairs and seniors in their 100's who can thank God each moment of the day for the life he has given them.

Your basic premise is that God is of no use. But you are 100% wrong in that assumption. I imagine I would be dead by now if it wasn't for God. Instead, I am able to help others who are hurting.

Or do we all have to perfect in your evolutionary atheistic world? Because that is the world that atheism has created. Only the fittest should survive. No compassion or caring for the weak or the hurting.

Honestly I never understood why people get so mad if someone doesn't capitalize his name. I understand how awesome he is but I don't think he really cares about capitalizing his name, he is much more interesting in winning our hearts. And I give you props for having such a great attitude about you problems and can say God allowed them all for a divine purpose which I am sure you already know what this purpose is.

Aug 31, 2013

Wake up early in the morning, take a shower, make the kids breakfast, make your own breakfast, get the kids off to school, go to work, come home, feed the kids, feed yourself, get the kids to bed, watch some tv, go to bed.

And on and on. That's a pretty reasonable description of modern life I'm sure you'd agree.

So where does god come into that? How does god impact any of that? What is god reaponsible for in the daily routine of life? What active effect does he have on us now?

It should be a synergistic life with you doing the work, but HIM doing all the work through you.

Who parted the Red Sea? God? Or Moses??? Synergistic.

One problem with GOD IN YOU being hard to identify is anyone who made an Altar call and had that Magic Bath claims God is in them, and the Spirit too. THEN WE GOTTA make excuses and make changes to scripture so it will suit our claims. Afterall, we are SURE of our claims. (Who are you to doubt them?) (( If you doubt them you don't have the Spirit or God in you!!)) a

Those sound familiar?

The effects we SHOULD see can be summarized in these verses....

1 John 4:16-18.

Matt 5:48 for how 1 john 4 should be exercised.

Gal 5:6

Last parable in Matt 25.

It doesn't have anything at all to do with what you know or what doctrines you keep. It has to do SOLELY with how you live your life.

Remember GOD gave us a life to live. Christ came to give us the means to live a better life. We are HIS instruments of Righteousness. Instruments, or tools, are to be used. They are used for a purpose. We are to execute His purpose. The Church is to lead the people to do those works. And through those works the person gets better at what the verses above say to do. The works don't' save you, you aren't working your way to anything, but the works are exercised and through exercise we get better at what the verses above describe.

We have to relearn how to live/love/interact. Many people try to "ACT" Christian, but an ACT isn't a change. When you ACT a part you are constantly manipulating things in the act to live up to it. That means you keep/force control on yourself. That means HE doesn't change you because YOU are too busy trying to do the changing.

Let's face it, from where we were, to where we need to go ( in our life's spiritual maturity ), we don't even know the path, much less how to change to get there. It's a new person. The original person would be the new person already if it knew what it looked like. Thus the 1 john 4 verse says we are led through the steps to get there.

I hope I made you confused enough, to encourage you to ask seek knock and check the Scriptures. :) I even gave you starting points.

Sep 5, 2013

God, GOD, YHWH.

Santa, Father Christmas, St Nick

Doesn't really matter which version of his name we use or how we punctuate it. All amounts to the same.

Jul 26, 2013

God is LOVE, and you are in His image. Whatever you do or not do, you do it to the Lord.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
God, GOD, YHWH.

Santa, Father Christmas, St Nick

Doesn't really matter which version of his name we use or how we punctuate it. All amounts to the same.
Seriously? No, really, SERIOUSLY?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
“HALLOWEDBE THY NAME”

Exodus 20:7) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Nehemiah 1:5) And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments.

Psalms 68:35) O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.

Exodus 3:14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Leviticus 20:3) And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defilemy sanctuary,
and to profane my holy name.

Mark 12:29) And Jesus answered him, the first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Ephesians 4:6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

It is no small thing to defile the Holy Name of God.....