God knew my hurt and answered without a prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 3, 2023
When our 22 year old daughter was 6, she had 7 teeth pulled on the same day. When I arrived home from work that day, I went straight into Gracie’s room. She was sitting on her bed with 2 piles a gauze. One pile clean and one pile bloody. She would hold the clean gauze in her mouth until it was bloody, then take it out to put clean gauze back in, then repeat. She wasn’t crying or scared, just happy to see me.

Later that night after Gracie went to sleep I told my wife that “I’m going shopping for Gracie, the tooth fairy is going to be very good to Gracie”. My heart broke when my wife told me that we had $30 to last us until next week, when I got paid. I was crushed. I told my wife that if I had a $50 bill that I would give it to Gracie. I was shedding tears as I said this. I left home and went to a local department store and spent $30 that we had on Barbie dolls and other small toys. I put the dolls and toys in Gracie’s bed when I returned.

Later that night, around 2:30am I heard Gracie in her room. I went into her room to see the smiles and joy on her face as she played with her toys. She thought about the tooth fairy and looked under her pillow to find nothing there. I told Gracie that the dolls and toys were too big to be put under her pillow, so the fairy left them on her bed. Gracie and I stayed awake a little while, then we both went back to sleep.

The next morning around 9:30, I called from work to check on Gracie. My wife said that Gracie was better and we talked for another minute or so. Then my wife ask “where did you get that $50”?. Naturally I asked, what $50? My wife replied “the $50 you put under Gracie’s pillow”. I told my wife that I had no money at all, much less $50. My wife then says “when Gracie woke up around 8:00 this morning, she looked under her pillow to find a $50 bill and she has it now. I silently recall what I had told my wife the night before about giving Gracie a $50 bill if I had it. I was amazed. The only other person in our home was our other daughter who was only 4 years old.

My wife and I instantly knew where the $50 came from, but still found it almost unbelievable. It get better too.

My wife had been upset and questioning God since Gracie was diagnosed with autism at the age of two. After that day of finding God‘s love in the form of a $50 bill to our daughter, my wife came to terms with Gracie’s diagnosis and asked God to forgive her. My wife is now a great advocate for special needs children and adults.

Today Gracie has a connection with God that is wonderful and amazes me. I recalled once when Gracie and I were at a restaurant, I asked Gracie “where were you before you were born”? I asked this because Gracie is a very literal thinker and I was curious about what her reply would be. Within 1 second of my question, Gracie replied “in God’s mind”. So simple and direct answers she gives me about God just astounds me.

I don’t recall what Gracie spent the $50 on, but she spent every penny of it. Even though Gracie is 22 years old now, she still believes in Santa so I’ve never told her how that $50 bill really got under her pillow. I’ve wanted to tell her, but haven’t. Maybe with the close connection she has with God, she already knows.

God bless you,
Philip

selahsays

May 31, 2023
@Philip1777 Thank you for sharing your story about how tenderly our Father in heaven cares for us. The Lord longs to be gracious to us. (Isaiah 30:18) IMG_5699.gif

Jun 3, 2023
@Philip1777 Thank you for sharing your story about how tenderly our Father in heaven cares for us. The Lord longs to be gracious to us. (Isaiah 30:18) View attachment 253475
Thank you so much for the kind words. I still shed tears every time I think about it. God is so wonderful to a forgiven sinner like me.

God bless you,
Philip