God loves you!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Many Christians seem to struggle to believe that God really loves them. This is not surprising. Many of us see ourselves as unlovable, sinners with all kinds of problems, who fail and are defeated much of the time. Why would God love us?

Right here we need to learn to take God at His word. He says what He means and means what He says. If someone casts doubt on God's love for you, reject that doubt. God loves the whole of His creation (John 3:16) and loves His people. (Galatians 2:20)

When everything in life is going wrong, as it does from time to time, we are tempted to doubt. We need to know that God works all things together for our good. (Romans 8:28)

Right here we have an opportunity and a temptation. We have an opportunity to trust God when we do not understand why we are suffering. The temptation is the same as the Israelites when they left Egypt. In spite of all that God did for them, delivering them from slavery and the Egyptian army, they complained continually. The cloud by day and fire by night were not enough. Complaining is the language of the devil. If we will choose to thank God in the situation, Satan's attack fails and we are victorious.

Thanking God is an expression of faith. If we want God to help us, being thankful is essential. (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

As a young Christian, I battled with this issue. My will and God's will were at odds. One night, I walked the streets at 3.00am, wrestling in my mind. I had the devil telling me that God was unfair and giving me a hard time for no reason. Then God broke through my thoughts. All He said was, "What about the cross?" That brought me to my senses. When everything tells us that God does not love us, we can look at the cross where Jesus paid such a price. Only the hardest heart can doubt God's love if we will but consider the cross and the price that Jesus paid to redeem us.