God? of Fraud?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TellerOfTruth

In my heart I know that God is real, but my mind is so analytical that I sometimes have a hard time believing that God does exist.

P

Pheonix89

I have had trouble with this as well............ But there are hard core scientific, and historical facts that will push you closer to the truth, that God does exsist. It really helped me to read Lee Strobel (i think that's how you spell his name) The Case for Christ and The Case for a Creator... very good books! Also Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh Mcdowell. I haven't even begun to scratch the service on all the books you could read, but check them out! What also helps is just looking at the stars, the universe, human dna, the brain itself.....all of creation! Does God Exist - Six Reasons to Believe that God is Really There - Existence of God - Proof of God

Finally I pray God would reveal himself to you as well personally, and remember in the end it does require a step of faith but with all the evidence he has given us it takes more faith to believe there is not a God. I still struggle with doubt, and I believe every Christian does at some point so don't lose heart.

E

ed

In my heart I know that God is real, but my mind is so analytical that I sometimes have a hard time believing that God does exist.
Hi,
Please do not be in the least concerned by the constant questioning of your mind. That is satan attacking you, wanting to create doubt. Bit by bit you will go through a renewing of your mind, just be patient. My first lesson on this (and it still happens to me but over different subjects mostly my weakest areas) was just after Christ called me. In all honesty I doubt I ever stole anything but as soon as I was called I saw ever opportunity to steal, this item sitting here, I could just take it and no one would know. If I walked through a shopping centre my mind would invite me to steal something (pointing out the good chance of success) a dozen time. It hardly ever happens now (wanting to steal) but I am still accosted by thoughts tempting me where I have weaknesses.
If you have one solid experience, keep clinging to that when the times are tougher.
God does not want us to KNOW. If He wanted us to know, He could perform miracles after miracles until the whole world was forced to beieve. He (GOD) wants us to believe, to walk in faith (trust) not to walk in knowledge. He wants those who want Him.
walk in love
edwin

M

Minnie

God does not want us to KNOW. If He wanted us to know, He could perform miracles after miracles until the whole world was forced to beieve. He (GOD) wants us to believe, to walk in faith (trust) not to walk in knowledge. He wants those who want Him.
walk in love
I've been wondering about that for a long time! Thankyou! Not exactly the answer I wanted to find in the end but thankyou......it makes sense now!

C

Credo_ut_Intelligam

I don't think knowledge and faith are two contrary things. In other words, I can have faith in God but still know him and know that he exists.

This seems to me to be the clear teaching of Scripture:

Matthew 9:6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he then said to the paralytic—“Rise, pick up your bed and go home.”​

Jesus' miracle was able to give those who witnessed it knowledge that Jesus was the Son of Man (this is a messianic title: see Daniel 7) and that Jesus, as the Son of Man, had the ability to forgive sins.

Matthew 11:27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.​

This verse clearly teaches that those to whom Jesus reveals the Father know the Father.

And to Jesus' disciples he said:

Matthew 13:11 And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

Again Jesus said,

John 8:31–32 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”​

In fact, saving faith is spoken of as knowledge in Scripture:

John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.​

If you have eternal life (if you are saved) you know God and you know Jesus Christ.

And this knowledge isn't something that is contrary to having certainty or great assurance about either. Thus, Luke wrote his gospel "that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught" (Lk 1:4).

And when Jesus rose from the dead "He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God" (Acts 1:3).

So we shouldn't treat faith as being opposed to or contrary to knowledge and we shouldn't treat faith as being something that is irrational or somehow outside of reason.

I would strongly suggest the book "Longing To Know" by Esther Meek. It's not too big and it's an easy read and, from what you've said, might be exactly what you're looking for.

(P.S. The book doesn't try to give proof for the existence of God or anything like that. The book is simply about what it means to know God and how it is that we know God (or know anything at all).)

Last edited:
V

Vidy

Yeah, sometimes I have small problems with it too. The only thing really that I've had trouble comprehending is this relationship that recently ended. She told me that she was CERTAIN that I was not the one God had for her, and a relationship would never happen again. However, when I pray about it and read my Bible, I get nothing but MORE certain that SOMETHING will happen again, even if it doesn't last to marriage. Is God telling us different stories? Or is "God" just our subconscious mind telling us what we want, even though we can't explain it? Because that's the only real explanation for that, other than one of us mishearing God, but you would think that if we were actively pursuing what He wanted us to know, then He'd make it clear to us, ya know?

But anyway, there's no real explanation OTHER than God either. Getting into the scientific debate, they sound so confident in everything, but half of what they say holds no water, and doesn't fit with the rest of everything lol.

For instance, "radio carbon dating" the SAME object in a blind test at 3 different labs produced result from 50,000 to 2million years old. It was actually 3,000 years old. You know why the results are so off? They have to >assume< the atmosphere's C-14 levels at the time of death of the organism. One fraction off and it throws off calculations by a ton lol. But what they do is take CURRENT C-14 levels (which could possibly be substantially lower than in the past) and use those for the calculations, as if the atmosphere hasn't changed in millions of years.

And micro-evolution being the explanation for macro-evolution is a joke. It makes NO sense if you sit and think about it for about 5 minutes lol.