God or Guns?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
servants of God trust and protection is Jesus

the world trust and protection is weapons

we cannot be in the middle, either we trust in Jesus or we trust in man

[h=3]Revelation 3:15-17[/h][SUP]15 [/SUP]I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot

[SUP]16 [/SUP]So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

A christian need not straddle the fence , either you will be hot or you will be cold, you cannot be in the middle

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
the Lord speaks to his servants
Luke 16:13
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

now lets read where the Lord speak to the world

Matthew 6:24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

we have to choose life or death
we have to choose whether we want the Lord to protect us or man to protect us

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
55 pages... The bible says love your neighbor. Ignoring your neighbor when he is in need because you have decided to not be apart of the world is not loving him.

Loving your neighbor is having the tools to do so. And praying to God that the need never arises. Evil doesn't stop or run away simply because you chose life. I wonder if you are aware of that.

It seems apparently not.

Its ok. You probably have a STRONG christian neighbor nearby. You can go to him.

S

Songbird_7

It makes me sad to see Christians arguing over guns. Silly, actually. If someone has faith that God will protect them without a gun, then I applaud them. I do believe God gave us common sense to do what we feel is best for our families. I own guns, but I don't carry one. There are many times I could be vulnerable to an attacker when I'm out running errands with my kids. Do I worry about that so much that I am in fear? No. I don't think it's wrong for anyone to own a gun, and I will never put someone down for not wanting to own one. I think it's a Constitutional right (in the US) to protect oneself, and I will exercise that right if I'm ever in the situation where I need to defend myself or my family. My husband was a Marine and in combat, so he definitely believes in defending us, but there could always be a situation where we don't have a gun. Then what? Can God protect us? Of course. It's a matter of conscience, in my opinion, and not something we should argue about.

W

webchatter

Saying we don't need a gun if we are Christians, is like sitting at home with a sick child & never taking the child to the doctor, & instead waiting on God to perform a miracle on the child. Even the law sends people to prison for "neglect" when the child dies.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
55 pages... The bible says love your neighbor. Ignoring your neighbor when he is in need because you have decided to not be apart of the world is not loving him.

Loving your neighbor is having the tools to do so. And praying to God that the need never arises. Evil doesn't stop or run away simply because you chose life. I wonder if you are aware of that.

It seems apparently not.

Its ok. You probably have a STRONG christian neighbor nearby. You can go to him.
loving your neighbor is keeping the commandments of God, not your interpretation

Exodus 20
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Thou shalt not kill.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Thou shalt not commit adultery.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Thou shalt not steal.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
Saying we don't need a gun if we are Christians, is like sitting at home with a sick child & never taking the child to the doctor, & instead waiting on God to perform a miracle on the child. Even the law sends people to prison for "neglect" when the child dies.
there is no comparison

a doctor is to save lives
your gun destroys lives

vegeance is the Lord and he will repay

Romans 12:19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
It makes me sad to see Christians arguing over guns. Silly, actually. If someone has faith that God will protect them without a gun, then I applaud them. I do believe God gave us common sense to do what we feel is best for our families. I own guns, but I don't carry one. There are many times I could be vulnerable to an attacker when I'm out running errands with my kids. Do I worry about that so much that I am in fear? No. I don't think it's wrong for anyone to own a gun, and I will never put someone down for not wanting to own one. I think it's a Constitutional right (in the US) to protect oneself, and I will exercise that right if I'm ever in the situation where I need to defend myself or my family. My husband was a Marine and in combat, so he definitely believes in defending us, but there could always be a situation where we don't have a gun. Then what? Can God protect us? Of course. It's a matter of conscience, in my opinion, and not something we should argue about.
Ecclesiastes 9:18Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.

Psalm 115:11Ye that fear the Lord, trust in the Lord: he is their help and their shield.

Proverbs 3:5Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
[h=3]2 Corinthians 10:3-5[/h]

[SUP]3 [/SUP]For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
[SUP]
[/SUP](For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
[SUP]
[/SUP]Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

J

jkalyna

you like your guns in the usa. Thats fine not my business really. As for me and my family, we trust in the lord for our protection.
IT DOES SEEM A REAL PROBLEM HERE IN THE US. WHAT ABOUT THE VIOLENCE IN THE UK. I'VE READ THINGS LIKE TEENS, AND PEOPLE JUST BEAT, OR KNIFE ANOTHER, AND GET A WARNING. THEY JUST LET THINGS SLIP THROUGH THE CRACKS, AND NOT JAIL PEOPLE THERE. I DON'T KNOW THE RATIO TO THE JAIL PRISONERS THERE COMPARED TO THE US, BUT IT DOES SEEM LESS VIOLENT. MAYBE YOU COULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT HERE. LOL

adsd

May 4, 2013
God did not send his people into war on only a prayer. they were trained and had weapons.

john832

May 31, 2013
God did not send his people into war on only a prayer. they were trained and had weapons.
Just something for you to ponder...

2Ch 20:1 It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle.
2Ch 20:2 Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi.
2Ch 20:3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
2Ch 20:4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.

2Ch 20:5 And Jehoshaphat stood in the congregation of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the LORD, before the new court,
2Ch 20:6 And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?
2Ch 20:7 Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?
2Ch 20:8 And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a sanctuary therein for thy name, saying,
2Ch 20:9 If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help.
2Ch 20:10 And now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab and mount Seir, whom thou wouldest not let Israel invade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them, and destroyed them not;
2Ch 20:11 Behold, I say, how they reward us, to come to cast us out of thy possession, which thou hast given us to inherit.
2Ch 20:12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.
2Ch 20:13 And all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children.

2Ch 20:15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
2Ch 20:16 To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
2Ch 20:17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
2Ch 20:18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.

2Ch 20:20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
2Ch 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
2Ch 20:22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
2Ch 20:23 For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.
2Ch 20:24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.

Maybe we ought to teach our troops to sing.

May 15, 2013
In light of the 2nd amendment and gun laws, what is Jesus word on the matter?

should we christians be against guns of for guns? OR should our faith(protection) only be with God?

Ephesians 6:11-16

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
If you has faith in Christ words, then there shouldn't be any reason for guns. But since we lack in that area which means that we better have more than just guns.

download (1).jpg

But then that will not last forever..

download (2).jpg

Sep 8, 2012
More emotion based affectated blather.

Read God's ordinations for human society, there are three.

Also read where Jesus told His followers to go and buy swords, - (the weapon of the day).