God vs Mind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

anonymous04

God's has been amazing to me the past two days. I was blessed to be able to work 5 days this week when I was only supposed to work four on top of that I was blessed with two of those days bieng 15 and 16 hours back to back. Now here's the catcher on this. Tuesday I was probably running on about 6 hours of sleep from the previous night and they had a sign up list for people to come in early the next day. I work in the evenings so we start generally around 3:30. Bad Economy=More Work thank God it was available.

I currently work in a food processing center just to give you a quick idea it's mass production of processed foods and all the work you do is repetative. I make Dough there which involes 250 lbs of flour in bags and some other stuff can't disclose due to company policy. So put your mind in this situation i'm sure you can imagine working in around 100 degree heat in a building doing this for that amount of time with a another job for 6 hours inbetween would def be physically straining. When I work up Wednesday morning I had probably gotten about 5 hours of sleep because I didn't get off work till 1am the night before and had signed up to go in early.

I had prayed to God the night before thanking him for giving me the strength to make it through the day peacefully and with joy. So with faith and god's blessing knocked out 15 hours. They had asked for another set of people to do the same thing the next day and I had singed up to do it again. Now I was telling myself What am I crazy lol? So about 4 am after some prayer with my self appointed spirtual grandfathers warrior4 and Dutch I finally went to bed running on 4 hours of sleep. I had prayed to God again for the same thing. Woke up @ 8 made it on time and worked till 1 am last night. On top of that we were supposed to be off Friday but my supervisor asked me if I could work Friday night 7pm to 3 am and I wanted to say no but I knew I was gonna be okay because of God's grace. So what would have turned out to be 32 hours with lazyness came out to 40 reg hours + around 14 hours of overtime with God's blessing.

All in all it was amazing because God was blessing me with finance and the entire day I was not near as tired as I should have been it's like he was on all fours and I was walking on his back lifting me to make it through the day. I feel that God was in all of that doing with faith he endured for me and he taught me that some blessings are right in front of you you just have to do a little more work to get them. Amen to God for his amazing love and glory and praise and glory to him forever and ever amen.

Last edited:
H

heartgirl

Wow, I think you have a great positive attitude. Hard not to have a positive attitude though when you know God is on your side:)
That is awesome. Keep working hard and acknowledging God when He does great things in your life. He has been there for me in ways like that too and it is so great to be able to let Him know that it is appreciated!

Nov 30, 2009
Hey Chris,
I love how in amongst the stress, tiredness and hardship you were and I'm sure are still going through that you can praise God for it, I think it's probably one of the hardest things to do, definately something I know we all struggle with. Thankyou for sharing this, I think it's probably a reminder we all need to have when it comes to thanking him, even in the hard times :)
Bless ya =D

Ellie

Dec 14, 2009
I was not near as tired as I should have been it's like he was on all fours and I was walking on his back lifting me to make it through the day.
Wow I love that! When you said it I pictured God like a Lion or some really strong animal.. I think what was in my head wasn't a lion... I'm not sure.. a panther or soemthing? I can't describe it. You could see the strength of his muscles as he walked around with ease and there was like a warm sense of safety because of his strength.

That's the most amazing analogy. Like you had no strength, but you had God there to be your legs and knowing what you were sitting on moving around, you can have like a holy kind of righteous pride (not sinful pride if you know what I mean) knowing who is there with you and what power and authority he has and his ability to give you favour. This testimony blessed me, thankyou for sharing!

Ellie x