God's Message

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Angela4131

This happened when I separated from my husband. I felt like I was a failure in God's eyes. That first week, while at work, I suddenly had a very intense feeling within. I had to read the bible. The last time I read the bible, I was left feeling frustrated with the names I thought I had to remember. It felt like a force has taken over me, leaving me no choice but to buy a bible. I chose the NIV because it was much easier to understand.

I was an RN working in a very busy Surgical Ward at that time. I was bugged at the end of most shifts. Many months passed since I bought the bible. I think I only read three pages. One early morning, I got ready for an early shift. My feet were still so painful from all the walking the night before. I sat at the end of my bed and tears falling, I told God that I was sorry for not reading the bible because I was so tired everyday. I silently asked him to help me find a better job because I did not know know how much more I could take.

I went to work and noticed something unusual. I had a male patient that was not mentioned during the handover. He was all dressed up in long sleeved collared white shirt and long tan coloured trousers. I checked his paperwork at the end of the bed but it was blank. I was just happy to care for someone not too sick that day. I had many others that needed my attention.

The next day, I worked a late shift and was assigned to another cubicle with six male patients. I noticed that the same man was lying on a bed nearest to the window, wearing the same clothes. That got my attention. I decided I would keep a closer eye on him. For some reason, whenever I looked towards his direction, he was not in bed, just like the day before. It was nearly time for me to finish when I saw him lying on his bed 'pretending' to read a paperback. I say this because he held the book that close to his face, it would have been impossible for him to be able to read.

Just as I was leaving, I heard someone called me. It was the man. He was sitting. He started walking towards me and unconsciously, I took a few steps backwards, not knowing what he was up to. We were standing just outside the entrance of the cubicle. He said, "While you were standing at the entrance, I saw a white light around you. I felt a Divine presence."

i was left speechless. He told me that God wants me to say a prayer before I sleep every night. If I do, wonderful things will happen from that day onwards. I did not know how to make of what he said. I think the thought of "what is so special about me that God would promise me this" came to mind. It was unbelievable but I went along with it. The man looked like he meant every word he said. He dictated to me the prayer.

When it was time to turn the lights off, he waved for me to go near his bed. He told me that God wants me to know that He loves me and I have to trust him. He also told me that God has a plan for me but I was not ready. He will let me know when the time comes.

I did not see that strange man again for many years after that. God kept his promise.

P

paulaf

Can I ask you what kind of a prayer God asked you to say? I wish wonderful things happen to me too. My fiance has just left me,few weeks before the wedding and I love him and miss him very much, need some hope and help.

A

Angela4131

Hi Paulaf. This is the Prayer
Say the Our Father once.
then, say....Heavenly Father, please open all the doors that can not be opened and close all the doors that can not be closed.
I believe I receive, I believe I receive, I believe I receive.

I truly believe that we have sat down with God before we were born and made a plan of what we intended to do once he has breathe life into us. Because he has given us Free Will, he can not interfere with whatever decision we make. Sometimes we choose a path that will take us longer to experience what we planned. If, our decision was based on love and things don't turn out the way we want it to be, it might have been the right decision to allow you to experience that event. You might be preparing yourself for more big things to come and this is a step you have to take. Have you ever thought of it this way?

P

paulaf

Thank You Angela4131 for your encouraging words, I have never thought of it this way - I think you are right. I keep praying for my fiancee I believe God wants to convert him. God bless you.