God's plan for me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Ebony-Rose

I've been told for years now that God has something special for me in his plan. So all my life my parents have made me work hard to get a great job, like a doctor. But for the last few years beauty school has kept coming back to me as a possible options. Lots of people have told me going to do beauty would be a waste of talent. I prayed about it and I really feel this is God's plan, I just don't understand why and where this could lead to.

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
Sometimes we have to break out our routine. Pray to God and talk with your parents about it. When you feel it's God's plan, you may do it! God isn't predictable ;) God Bless you and success!

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
O and welcome to the site :D

E

Ebony-Rose

Thank you:) I prayed and I really think it's what God wants, and I told my parents when I applied a few months ago.

C

cmarieh

I've been told for years now that God has something special for me in his plan. So all my life my parents have made me work hard to get a great job, like a doctor. But for the last few years beauty school has kept coming back to me as a possible options. Lots of people have told me going to do beauty would be a waste of talent. I prayed about it and I really feel this is God's plan, I just don't understand why and where this could lead to.
I have always wanted to go to beauty school. It can be a very lucrative career, depending on where you find work. My dreams have a changed a bit since then, but originally it was to attend beauty school and open a salon in my home so I could be a stay at home mom. Yet, now I have taken some business classes so I can be financially smart when I do open the salon and took some accounting classes and found that I really enjoy accounting and I might just be an accountant or I might stick with my original plan. Basically what I am saying is that no matter what you decide God is always on your side and your parents may not agree with your decisions in life, but they will love you unconditionally.
P.S. The only downside of working in a salon, is all the DRAMA!!!
Keep up with the good work. And good luck in all your endeavors.:)

E

Ebony-Rose

I'm not training to do salon work, I'm training to work in theatre. I don't know why but when I was first told about the corse I think I could feel God telling me that this is what he wants, but was a little skeptical. In December something popped back up about the corse. It was only then I decided to follow. I've been praying about it since and I feel this is God's path for me.

U

Ugly

Seems your parents views are quite earthly. Right now, the only one certain of Gods plan for you is God. When someone mentions that God has special plans for you this does not mean you will be in a high profile, high paying, highly respectable job. For Gods idea of using someone for big things is not the same as mans.
While doing makeup and/or hair does have potential to be a good paying job, it's also a fight. But, if it's Gods will for you then it is irrelevant. You obey God. Let Him take care of the details. Not saying that means it will be easy, but that you'll be doing what He wants, so things will work out in the end.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Wouldn't be surprised if God would want you in the beauty industry, God knows we need a witness in all spheres of society. And Ugly's right about it not meaning His plan for is high profile, high paying. He has a special plan for your life where His grace will flow for you to preach the gospel. You can testify about how good God is while someone's sittiing in your make up chair, perfect! Lol