Gods Presence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

justin777

I'd like to hear peoples experiences of how they feel Gods presence and how often it happens.

It's odd to me because I could go two hours with seeking God and barely feel anything one day than the next backslide and be in feeling glory in a few minutes.

Do you always feel God?

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
A few Scriptural examples of the Spirit of Yah coming upon people.

Luke 2:25 "Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him."

Numbers 24:2 "When Balaam looked out and saw Israel encamped tribe by tribe, the Spirit of God came upon him"

Judges 3:10 "The Spirit of the LORD came upon him, so that he became Israel's judge and went to war. The LORD gave Cushan-Rishathaim king of Aram into
the hands of Othniel, who overpowered him."

Judges 6:34 "Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet, summoning the Abiezrites to follow him."

Judges 11:29 "Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites."

Judges 14:6 "The Spirit of the LORD came upon him in power so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a young goat. But he told neither his father nor his mother what he had done."

R

Ric

It always happens when I least expect it. -(I mean besides worship)
Usually out of the blue. As for feeling that isn't as important as recognition. Feelings come and go, recognizing His work is the key. The greatest is little happenings that show he is answering a prayer which is totally different and larger.

Jun 30, 2011
I'd like to hear peoples experiences of how they feel Gods presence and how often it happens.

It's odd to me because I could go two hours with seeking God and barely feel anything one day than the next backslide and be in feeling glory in a few minutes.

Do you always feel God?

A better view is that we are ever in the presence of God - no place are we not - the question is are we looking with eyes to see, and ears to hear?

Have we muted the Holy Spirit that indwells all believers - quenching and silencing Him?

Are we taking time to give thanks, and pause and believe that our prayers are in direct access to the Father as if we had His very ear to ourselves.

God's Spirit will witness to your spirit that you are His, that's a promise
God's Spirit will point out things in your life that need changing, fixing, things to be made right etc - promised

J

justin777

Do you think that God ever hides Himself from some experiences of Him?

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
Do you think that God ever hides Himself from some experiences of Him?
God does not hide. He is always there. When you are facing great trial, it wont fix it's self overnight. He will test you and let you go through some of it, not as punishment, but build you, your faith. If you truly walk with Christ, you will see His wonders. Occasionally, He will let you hand go so you can get stronger, but He will not waiver, nor should you. Ask Him for guidance, ask for the Holy Spirit to dwell in you. If you are truly with Him, I promise you'll feel His presence. Hands down!!!

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
No one has mentioned this yet, but I think the Lord has planned for us to feel His presence through each other as "the Body of Christ". And, indeed, I usually feel His presence through words, touches, hugs, gifts, comforts coming from the people who are in my life.

The other way which is just as strong is when I'm reading the Bible. It is like He is in every word.

Dec 3, 2014

Do you always feel God?
It's called the SHEKINAH GLORY and there is no mistaking it. It means GOD IS THERE. If you feel it, you won't question it. The universe could melt out from under you and you would not care!

It isn't always there.

S

Sophia1993

The first time God made Himself known to me was last October. I don't know how I knew, I just knew. I felt an overwhelming happiness, fire burning deep inside me, electricity going through my body, pure love an safety and knowledge, that God is real. All the emotions I was feeling was intensified x100. I also felt holiness in the room. His presence was definitely intense, nothing that I've ever experienced before.

Dec 3, 2014
The first time God made Himself known to me was last October. I don't know how I knew, I just knew. I felt an overwhelming happiness, fire burning deep inside me, electricity going through my body, pure love an safety and knowledge, that God is real. All the emotions I was feeling was intensified x100. I also felt holiness in the room. His presence was definitely intense, nothing that I've ever experienced before.
EXACTLY! :)