God's spirit seems to be everywhere

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So this is a new topic for me. I seem to be able to find God's spirit in many different things, I think he likes to speak to me in my favorite things. such as anime, I love anime shows not just ordinary ones like avatar but... anyways I will be watching an anime show such as the full metal alchemist and when they go through an emotional time and I feel something move inside me. I feel their emotions, I feel their fire i feel their sadness and I feel their determination.

I even cry on more than one occasion, I don't understand why this always happens but I can only assume God is speaking to me in my favorite things. I did tell him I want him to be a part of everything in my life but am I just making some assumption or something?

K

Kerry

Even the heavens display His Glory. If we did not give Him praise the rocks would cry out. Jesus said to the pharisee, God could raise children from Abraham from these stones. He is everywhere.

M

meomy

Wow new topic for me too,nice! though

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Is this not a form of panentheism not to be confused with pantheism?

Panentheism (from Greek πᾶν (pân) "all"; ἐν (en) "in"; and θεός (theós) "God"; "all-in-God") is a belief system which posits that the divine (be it a monotheistic God, polytheistic gods, or an eternal cosmic animating force) interpenetrates every part of nature and timelessly extends beyond it. Panentheism differentiates itself from pantheism, which holds that the divine is synonymous with the universe.[SUP][1][/SUP]
In panentheism, the universe in the first formulation is practically the whole itself. In the second formulation, the universe and the divine are not ontologically equivalent. In panentheism, God is viewed as the eternal animating force behind the universe. Some versions suggest that the universe is nothing more than the manifest part of God. In some forms of panentheism, the cosmos exists within God, who in turn "transcends", "pervades" or is "in" the cosmos. While pantheism asserts that 'All is God', panentheism goes further to claim that God is greater than the universe. In addition, some forms indicate that the universe is contained within God,[SUP][1][/SUP] like in the concept of Tzimtzum. Much Hindu thought is highly characterized by panentheism and pantheism.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] Hasidic Judaism merges the elite ideal of nullification to paradoxical transcendent Divine Panentheism, through intellectual articulation of inner dimensions of Kabbalah, with the populist emphasis on the panentheistic Divine immanence in everything and deeds of kindness....Wikipedia

zone

Jun 13, 2010
So this is a new topic for me. I seem to be able to find God's spirit in many different things, I think he likes to speak to me in my favorite things. such as anime, I love anime shows not just ordinary ones like avatar but... anyways I will be watching an anime show such as the full metal alchemist and when they go through an emotional time and I feel something move inside me. I feel their emotions, I feel their fire i feel their sadness and I feel their determination.

I even cry on more than one occasion, I don't understand why this always happens but I can only assume God is speaking to me in my favorite things. I did tell him I want him to be a part of everything in my life but am I just making some assumption or something?
hasn't this sort of thing been answered for you lots of times already?
how's that online Bible study going Blain?

heads-up (again): your feelings and emotions are not the way to define your relationship with the Lord.
it's a good way to end up deceived or led astray.

if you love Him, you will care about what He has said. you will keep His words and be fed by THEM.

He has spoken to you, in a Book.

He isn't speaking to you through the Hollywood Production Avatar.
someone else is.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

heads-up (again): your feelings and emotions are not the way to define your relationship with the Lord.

if you love Him, you will care about what He has said. you will keep His words and be fed by THEM.

someone else is.
Zone normally I would agree with you on this subject, this time I have to say I do not agree. I do not let my emotions decide what is of God or not, whenever these feelings come do you know who i think of? God. Besides you cannot with of anything with emotions off, who was it who created emotions? Did not even Jesus allow his emotions to flourish? He wept, and had zeal he had love. And yes I read his word and If i get a special connection to God from these shows then am I wrong ?

K

Kerry

someone else is.
Okay Zone, different subject and derailing this thread. You are right, no where does it specifically say in the bible that The AC will make a "peace" agreement with Israel. But, there is some deal that He strikes with them that gives the illusion of peace. Because they say Peace peace when there is no peace. So this pact or agreement that I refer to often is this treaty. Okay?

G

GreenNnice

Is this not a form of panentheism not to be confused with pantheism?

Panentheism (from Greek πᾶν (pân) "all"; ἐν (en) "in"; and θεός (theós) "God"; "all-in-God") is a belief system which posits that the divine (be it a monotheistic God, polytheistic gods, or an eternal cosmic animating force) interpenetrates every part of nature and timelessly extends beyond it. Panentheism differentiates itself from pantheism, which holds that the divine is synonymous with the universe.[SUP][1][/SUP]
In panentheism, the universe in the first formulation is practically the whole itself. In the second formulation, the universe and the divine are not ontologically equivalent. In panentheism, God is viewed as the eternal animating force behind the universe. Some versions suggest that the universe is nothing more than the manifest part of God. In some forms of panentheism, the cosmos exists within God, who in turn "transcends", "pervades" or is "in" the cosmos. While pantheism asserts that 'All is God', panentheism goes further to claim that God is greater than the universe. In addition, some forms indicate that the universe is contained within God,[SUP][1][/SUP] like in the concept of Tzimtzum. Much Hindu thought is highly characterized by panentheism and pantheism.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] Hasidic Judaism merges the elite ideal of nullification to paradoxical transcendent Divine Panentheism, through intellectual articulation of inner dimensions of Kabbalah, with the populist emphasis on the panentheistic Divine immanence in everything and deeds of kindness....Wikipedia
Professor Crossnoted, way to go, you brought me right on back to my Core 250 classes in college :D

G

GreenNnice

You're having faith of everything out there of Him, that's my assumption, anyway, blainers, blessings, bro :)

R

reject-tech

So this is a new topic for me. I seem to be able to find God's spirit in many different things, I think he likes to speak to me in my favorite things. such as anime
I even cry on more than one occasion, I don't understand why this always happens but I can only assume God is speaking to me in my favorite things.
It's supposed to be that way. It's called being in the kingdom of heaven.

[SUP]11 [/SUP]And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

That anime is part of the sea.

Last edited by a moderator: