GOD'S SWEET AND PERSONAL CARE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I have come a hair's breadth from horrific death so many times in my life that I am surely and fully convinced it could only have been God that saved me so that I could be reborn in Christ.

How can we thank God? How can we ever thank God as He deserves???

Simple ... we cannot.

if God showed you your life, and how close you really came I am sure there is many many more. I think we will be in awe of the great power of God and how many times he kept us from death

T

thepsalmist

It's appropriate not go into exact details, but I've had a few instances where I was shielded miraculously from certain death, before my eyes, have actually been allowed to see some things where His power was manifest. I would hasten to add this was only after being a believer, I believe the Lord wanting to show me He is there, no matter what, as I've held on to these things, with confronted with bad situations, since, gained courage from this.
Wonderful how He gives us signs and wonders from the kindness of His heart, for our edification. I have received my fair share.

You bring up an interesting point for me. I have ALWAYS believed in Jesus ... I cannot remember a time when I did not ... I say I was reborn in 2008 ...but now I'm not so sure when I was after reading all the theology here on the board. Maybe I was just a kind of prodigal all my life?

T

thepsalmist

Putting God first certainly pays dividends... If not now, in the next life. I've learned the hard way that doing things my way brings no blessings. Keeping the Lord foremost in our minds & hearts is the only and best way to go through life. While it doesn't always assure an easy time, smooth sailing, trouble free, or no hardships, its certainly worth remembering that our faith is often tested through adversity. Blessings are nice, but what speaks to me the most is when I see other Christians keep the faith even through troubled times.
Even adversities are blessings when we are firmly in Christ :) Thanks for your input Dan. :)

R

roaringkitten

Knowing we are in good hands should encourage us! Let us always be mindful of our standing before Him!

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:1-2

J

JesusIsAll

I have ALWAYS believed in Jesus ... I cannot remember a time when I did not ... I say I was reborn in 2008 ...but now I'm not so sure when I was after reading all the theology here on the board. Maybe I was just a kind of prodigal all my life?
You are saying something that clicks so much. It would be a couple screens full I'd not put on a message board, to just summarize the progression of life from childhood to young adulthood, that culminated in the strangest of experiences that really woke me up, and what followed. People who say, "If you're saved, you know the date and the time you were saved!", don't have a clue what they're talking about, how the salvation experience and walk with God, the progressive sanctification process, differs widely among individuals, has everything to do with an individual environment. (Neither do they seem to realize some of us weren't necessarily paying attention to dates and times, at various places in our lives, like who cares what day it is, when out of school for the summer? Or understand there were those of us who believed as children, only remembering a little of this, without any depth of doctrinal understanding, but was that unsaved?)

I wondered than one strong experience of reawakening wasn't the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but also had a sublime peace and believed, in the period I was water baptized, years earlier, coming to the conclusion some of us have developed in stages, I believe of the Spirit, all along, that God seems to find us at a place where He deems it time we're mature enough for adult schooling in the Spirit, and this at different times in peoples' testimonies. But I like your spiritually honest expression, "prodigal all my life." In terms of God's standard, perfection, this side of glory, we are all prodigals, in varying degrees, all our lives. I'd not worry about being a human, brother, just keep loving the Lord, doing your best as God gives you, praying and thinking "just a closer walk with thee." I simply know God was always there in my life, whether I was always there doesn't seem to be data of great importance, in eternity. And we don't need anybody else to tell us of the salvation experience we live and know. My Christianity was resolved, long before message boards, thank you.

T

thepsalmist

You are saying something that clicks so much. It would be a couple screens full I'd not put on a message board, to just summarize the progression of life from childhood to young adulthood, that culminated in the strangest of experiences that really woke me up, and what followed. People who say, "If you're saved, you know the date and the time you were saved!", don't have a clue what they're talking about, how the salvation experience and walk with God, the progressive sanctification process, differs widely among individuals, has everything to do with an individual environment. (Neither do they seem to realize some of us weren't necessarily paying attention to dates and times, at various places in our lives, like who cares what day it is, when out of school for the summer? Or understand there were those of us who believed as children, only remembering a little of this, without any depth of doctrinal understanding, but was that unsaved?)

I wondered than one strong experience of reawakening wasn't the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but also had a sublime peace and believed, in the period I was water baptized, years earlier, coming to the conclusion some of us have developed in stages, I believe of the Spirit, all along, that God seems to find us at a place where He deems it time we're mature enough for adult schooling in the Spirit, and this at different times in peoples' testimonies. But I like your spiritually honest expression, "prodigal all my life." In terms of God's standard, perfection, this side of glory, we are all prodigals, in varying degrees, all our lives. I'd not worry about being a human, brother, just keep loving the Lord, doing your best as God gives you, praying and thinking "just a closer walk with thee." I simply know God was always there in my life, whether I was always there doesn't seem to be data of great importance, in eternity. And we don't need anybody else to tell us of the salvation experience we live and know. My Christianity was resolved, long before message boards, thank you.
This is a loving response, brother ... one I appreciate very much ... for you do not try to put me, my life or my walk with God in a box. Maybe it's better if I do the same :)

Thank you for sharing your experience and advice :)

R

roaringkitten

Thanks for sharing! A Scripture that came to mind:

"
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." John 3:7-8

T

thepsalmist

Thanks for sharing! A Scripture that came to mind:

"
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." John 3:7-8
Haha! Perfect verse roaringkitten - just perfect! :)

J

JesusIsAll

This is a loving response, brother ... one I appreciate very much ... for you do not try to put me, my life or my walk with God in a box. Maybe it's better if I do the same :)

Thank you for sharing your experience and advice :)
It's just something we shouldn't do, put anybody's walk in a box with a sincere confession of Christ, as testimonies vary as much as individuals' lives vary. Nor should we imply any other Christian is more a sinner, short of them announcing their sin a vocation, which some people talk to others here as if they do, when I don't see anybody advocating for sin. It's all arrogant, judgmental silliness, pots calling kettles black. What I see in you is somebody who has great spirituality and says some blessed things of truth. That's more than enough for me! And thank you, too.

R

roaringkitten

It's just something we shouldn't do, put anybody's walk in a box with a sincere confession of Christ, as testimonies vary as much as individuals' lives vary. Nor should we imply any other Christian is more a sinner, short of them announcing their sin a vocation, which some people talk to others here as if they do, when I don't see anybody advocating for sin. It's all arrogant, judgmental silliness, pots calling kettles black. What I see in you is somebody who has great spirituality and says some blessed things of truth. That's more than enough for me! And thank you, too.

Good points! We're all at different stages, but with one goal in mind! Let us run with our eyes fixed on Him!

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain." 1 Cor 9:24

"
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

J

JesusIsAll

Good points! We're all at different stages, but with one goal in mind! Let us run with our eyes fixed on Him!

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain." 1 Cor 9:24

"
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14
You see a lot said, by a few here, fortunately a handful anymore, who have a fixation on others they seem to see some cloud of sin hanging over, for, ironically, having strong faith. I don't understand this, at all. There's something wrong with it. It's as if they'd be the person, when our Lord said, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her," that they would start casting stones. Where does anybody in the flesh find the hubris to tell anybody else in the flesh to doubt their salvation? Anyway, nothing profitable or edifying in that, yes, eyes fixed on Him! Amen x 2, and Selah...

T

thepsalmist

You're so right .... we should, all of us, be quicker to hear and slower to speak, while using discernment (not judgement) as the tool it was meant to be used for - edifying each other in the body of Christ. Perfect love drives out all fear .... but both are too often scarce between Christians here.

I am blessed however to have met some loving, fruit-bearing brothers and sisters here, like yourself ... and that has made the effort to fellowship here worthwhile. Nice to think that we will know each other for all eternity ... :)

J

JesusIsAll

You're so right .... we should, all of us, be quicker to hear and slower to speak, while using discernment (not judgement) as the tool it was meant to be used for - edifying each other in the body of Christ. Perfect love drives out all fear .... but both are too often scarce between Christians here.

I am blessed however to have met some loving, fruit-bearing brothers and sisters here, like yourself ... and that has made the effort to fellowship here worthwhile. Nice to think that we will know each other for all eternity ... :)
The Bible Discussion Forum is in a very good place now, compared to other times. You see a lot of strong faith and spiritual insight these days, brothers and sisters of solid foundation. There have been times there was scarcely a thread going on that wasn't beating the tenth reincarnation of a dead horse, or cults in control. Yes, some good threads of late, like yours!

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience. It really blessed my heart. Sounds just like my God.

My wife and I get little miracles all the time. Looking for some small thing. Can't find it. Pray and 'bam', there it is. Go to the store for some things and much of it just happens to be on sale that day.
Does this happen to any of you? My wife will be thinking of something totally off the wall like 'when did Dale Evans pass away'. Just out of the blue the thought would come to her, no rhyme, no reason.
Then Id turn on the tv and there would be an old western with Dale Evans and Roy Rogers. She would say to me 'guess who I was just thinking of...for no reason'?
This happens all the time with us. We know why. God is continually confirming to us that He is with us and we are smack dab in His will.

And then the 'sure word of prophecy' operating through us. One of the spiritual functions. God giving us a clear word concerning something. I always end up shedding a few tears when He does that. It's precious beyond measure.

My prayer to Him is 'may I wait on tables in your kingdom?' I just want to serve my brothers and sisters esteeming them better than myself. Philippians 2:3. I long to wash feet and bless the down trodden. The leadership example Jesus set. That's the kind of shepherds we are to be. Yes, I said it. Smile. Isn't it sweet indeed.

Showing forth 'God's sweet and personal care'....the title of this wonderful thread. That's what I'm all about. That's what I've been talking about. Thanks again. God bless everyone beyond measure on this.

This verse says it all. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit(pride) Rather, in humility, value others above yourselves. Phil. 2:3
This will spark the power of God.....His sweetness.

Last edited: