...going outside the square...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 24, 2013
Those were really just rhetorical questions. I didn't actually mean for anyone to answer them since the answers are beyond human knowledge...especially the ice cream one.
...well, don't be so hard on yourself - the ice cream one was a valid concern in its own realm ...:)

G

GRA

"You mean... It's no longer 'Hip to Be Square'...??? :( :eek: :p

( Think: HL&TN ) ;)

:)

May 24, 2013
I don't like putting God in a box of any kind. I believe He can do whatever He wants, however He wants, whenever He wants. The more we learn, the more we realize how little we know no matter our age.
...yep, the more you know, the more you realise how 'much more' there is to know, and that you are just touching the tip of the iceberg...Age is irrelevant in terms of intelligence; which is clarity of thought processes and perspective, however wisdom comes with age..., or 'time' spend on the timeline in a conscious manner...

I was reading recently about an unused portion of the brain that is capable of absorbing a massive amount of information in a very brief amount of time. While I was reading I was thinking about a time to come when we can handle knowing so much more than we do now...when we will no longer 'see through the glass darkly'.
...true, the majority hardly use any of the potential of their brain...some use methods and technological tools, ie: minddrive and neurofeedback to develop parts of the brain normally unused. Minddrive is a 90's game developed by the founder of Atari (ABILITY Magazine | Mind Drive) and Russians jointly for this reason. It was being able to control movement on a screen with thoughts, via an electrode placed on the index finger. It actually works more on biofeedback via the autonomic nervous system, and is a GR8 way to develop mind and emotional control actually. You have to not only 'think' certain movements to translate them onto the screen, but 'desire them' in a relaxed manner. Altho DOS based via Win95, its one of my favourite tools. Another one is www.emotive.com and www.heartmath.org. The devices from heartmath relate to the synchronicity of heart and brain and resulting coherence, and how to develop that.

The brain has about 40,000 neural ganglia. A person can actually 'think' with their heart (seat of the soul) and the heart is connected to their brain via the vagus nerve... (seat of inner spirit/intellect). The two should be in sync with each other with maximum coherence...spirit, soul and body, aligned in the Spirit of God...

Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single[G573], thy whole body shall be full of light.

G573
haplous
Probably from G1 (as a particle of union) and the base of G4120; properly folded together, that is, single (figuratively clear): - single.

There is a profound mystery in this verse. I believe it is talking about the inner spiritual eye, being focused in the Truth that is Light...

There was a time in my life when I wanted so much to walk with the Lord in the garden as Adam and Eve had done, and eventually came to understand that it was not a matter of dimension, but a condition of the heart. We can still walk with Him, talk with Him and allow Him to open our hearts and spirits to things man could never understand without Him and the guidance/quickening of the Holy Spirit.
Its both - the heart opens up to other heavenly dimensions ... as does the mind ... when in God !!

I've often thought of speaking to God as Adam and Eve did. What a great way to live and love. They had it made. They were in the Love of God 24/7 and could love each other how they wished --- and all was in Rightness; no religious oppressors telling them how they should go about it - it was natural, fully expressive and free...and 'right' before God...

It often cuts me up when I think of how they were deceived and lost that...It must have been heartbreaking for them..., and for the fact of their offspring - us - in turn..., but we are a new creation in Him, reborn --- as I hope and believe Adam and Eve were and are...somewhere...in heaven with Him...

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
...well, don't be so hard on yourself - the ice cream one was a valid concern in its own realm ...:)
Not being hard on myself at all. I can sit here and speculate about the answers too if I want but that's all it would be, speculation. The actual answers are out there but no one can truly find out what they are.

Mo0448

Jun 10, 2013
Not being hard on myself at all. I can sit here and speculate about the answers too if I want but that's all it would be, speculation. The actual answers are out there but no one can truly find out what they are.
Perhaps with inspiration and divine revelation through the Holy Spirit some of these answers could be found :)

May 24, 2013
...why cant they find them? perhaps those that do, can only go so far in communicating what they know - to whatever degree that may be - to others; but 'knowing of' something is not 'knowing' something, which is far deeper and personal in contrast...

...some things, just need to be revealed directly to the person, once they seek for the Truth with all their heart ie: Jer 29:13

...in addition; I wish I could help you come to terms with your dilemma about choosing iced yoghurt over ice-cream, but Xylitol was the best and most sensible solution I could come up with... :cool: