going to take a leap of faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
sry everyone i know i make alot of threads i'll try not to do that, i have decided to try fasting and i want to make it for at least four days. i am doing this for several reasons, one to build my trust for god and rely on him completly. two to show him my devotion and how far i am willing to go for an answered prayer. and three to see how much i am willing to go through for him. now as for trust building the fact i have diebetes fasting can be dangerous for me because my blood suger can get low and the longer i dont eat the lower it will drop so i am trusting god to keep me safe. i may be endangering myself but i have to do this. i ask for prayers for me to be strong and keep my eyes to jesus.

K

kenisyes

This is a difficult choice, because of the diabetes. Have you asked your doctor for any advice? Some people use juices. By all means, follow your heart, but no fair getting home to Jesus before we do. Is there someone who can check on you every day? Sonny has diabetes too. I gave you his number. I'm praying.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
well not only am i very hungry but my blood sugar is low, i got very dizzy so i sqeezed some juice from an orange and drank some milk this is my first test in my fasting i am weak hungry mind is fading a bit and i couldn't be happier that i am suffering for christ those doughnuts my familly had for breakfast has never looked so good but i cannot quit here.

K

kenisyes

Sounds good. Check in so we don't worry about you.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
my blood sugar feels better,i fell asleep and suddenly my hand twitched and hit my face i jolted up and my first thought was do you want me to get up lord? it came out like a reflex i just asked it. i heard no answer so i lay back down saying to god it feels good to sleep but i still want to obey him and i heard a voice say,then get up! and here i am:]

May 2, 2011
Check with your doctor first with any precondition.

Juice Fasting is powerful and effective and may be a good approach. Some do a water fast with maple syrup and lemon (sometimes a dash of cayenne pepper for internal cleansing).

There is an entire approach to fasting you should consider. It should be for spirtual purposes and may become a sort of 'vision quest' (just using a popular term).
A Forty Hour fast may be a good introduction to the fasting path. Take your last meal at lunch on Friday, skipping Friday Dinner and all meals on Saturday, "Break-Fast" on Sunday AM gently with a light, vegetarian meal and plenty of liquids of your proper choice. You can do this each week for the month of December for example rather than a continuous four-day fast to begin with. Depending in where you live, summer fasting may be better for you, with higher outside temperatures to help maintain your body's core temperature (and thus demand for calories) for a longer term fast such as your proposed four-day.

Research and Study on your area of concern and interest before the fast. Prepare for the fast by doing a two-day vegetarian fast. During the fast, continue your research and study, in a very broad and still deep way. Meditate often on what you learn from your studies, thinking how it applies to others, the world situation, your particular situation. Read relevant scripture that applies to the results of your research and the area of your concerns.

Read up on "The Fasting Path" and do take reasonable precautions and preparations particularly with a pre-existing condition. Blood sugar levels can be properly maintained, and indeed, fasting and dietary changes can improve your condition significantly over time. Best wishes, let us know of your enlightenment experience!

P

piper27

[ the fact i have diebetes fasting can be dangerous for me because my blood suger can get low and the longer i dont eat the lower it will drop so i am trusting god to keep me safe. i may be endangering myself but i have to do this. i ask for prayers for me to be strong and keep my eyes to jesus.[/quote]

Are you type I diabetic?? Trust that God gives you wisdom to keep you safe!! Fasting could kill you, this is not wisdom!!!! God is so big!! Trust him to meet you where you are at. You do not have to 'do' anything.

Father, i lift blain before you and ask you Lord to give him divine encounters. Let him know that you are real, and that you really really care about him. Show him and speak to him in ways that you know intimately, and that Blain feels the confidence to know that it is you speaking --- give him insight to his health and how to manage it the best ways possible . I pray for a complete healing in every area of his life. Be blessed blain, and know without a shadow of a doubt that God loves you just sthe way you are.
The more you enter into a relationship with him, He guides you and its effortless. Start believing the truth about how much God cares..... www.fathersloveletter.com
I think this is the correct link....if not, google it, and you will find it.
Blessings abundant!

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
praying for you

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
remeber when i said the voice said to get up? well it was for a good reason i went to a friends house and it turns out they were doing a bible study and afterwards i asked him about this and he told me how dangerous fasting is for and how god only expects what i'm capable of. so ya the voice telling me to get up- god

oleander

Mar 20, 2010
Remember that you can fast from things other than food.

S

shirley

good friend i will keep you in prayer ok ;be very careful your the most kind n blessed friend i have ; im so proud of you for wanting to do this to me it shows great love n devotion towards christ but please be careful ok ; i cant hear from you and i wouldnt know what id do wthout you christian brother ; ok keeping you in spiritual prayer

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
May you be Strengthened and guided my friend in the name of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Blain, Last night I was praying for you and this was set on my heart.
Your post here now makes alot of sence in refrance to this.
Here is what was set on my heart for you...
( Stop worrying about what you should do, be still and know that I am God!)

Seems I was asked to take the leap of faith here. :)

You remain in my prayers in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain, Last night I was praying for you and this was set on my heart.
Your post here now makes alot of sence in refrance to this.
Here is what was set on my heart for you...
( Stop worrying about what you should do, be still and know that I am God!)

Seems I was asked to take the leap of faith here. :)

You remain in my prayers in Jesus.

God bless
pickles
thank you very much, i am glad you spoke up. i am just not used to these issues that go on inside me, its very strange though when i am teaching someone here about god and being a christian i am suddenly very wise and in tune with god. i look up just the right scripture, these emotional issues are like they are never there and i have compassion for them as i teach. I think god wants me to teach, because i love doing it and no matter what problems i have i put them aside and allow god to use me. is this a sign?

S

shekaniah

Blain,

I agree with the other posts... I was going to tell you to fast from TV or video games.
Pray and ask God for wisdom.
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah :)

K

kenisyes

thank you very much, i am glad you spoke up. i am just not used to these issues that go on inside me, its very strange though when i am teaching someone here about god and being a christian i am suddenly very wise and in tune with god. i look up just the right scripture, these emotional issues are like they are never there and i have compassion for them as i teach. I think god wants me to teach, because i love doing it and no matter what problems i have i put them aside and allow god to use me. is this a sign?
Joy at doing it is a sign. Success is another sign. Can you point to anyone yet that you have taught who has gotten closer to God?

You know the Scripture about how teachers are called to a greater accounting? (James 3:1)

P

psychomom

Blain, I rejoice that the Lord let you know you should eat! ;)

It's not so much what we do for Him,
as it is what He does through us ! :)

Praying diligently for your spiritual (and physical) well-being, dear one! ♥
-ellie

P

psychomom

[ the fact i have diebetes fasting can be dangerous for me because my blood suger can get low and the longer i dont eat the lower it will drop so i am trusting god to keep me safe. i may be endangering myself but i have to do this. i ask for prayers for me to be strong and keep my eyes to jesus.
Are you type I diabetic?? Trust that God gives you wisdom to keep you safe!! Fasting could kill you, this is not wisdom!!!! God is so big!! Trust him to meet you where you are at. You do not have to 'do' anything.

Father, i lift blain before you and ask you Lord to give him divine encounters. Let him know that you are real, and that you really really care about him. Show him and speak to him in ways that you know intimately, and that Blain feels the confidence to know that it is you speaking --- give him insight to his health and how to manage it the best ways possible . I pray for a complete healing in every area of his life. Be blessed blain, and know without a shadow of a doubt that God loves you just sthe way you are.
The more you enter into a relationship with him, He guides you and its effortless. Start believing the truth about how much God cares..... www.fathersloveletter.com
I think this is the correct link....if not, google it, and you will find it.
Blessings abundant![/quote]

Piper...I sooo wished for a 'love button! ♥
-ellie

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Scripture says, man may plan his course, but God determines his steps.
I have always loved this scripture, as it tells us that we, in what we choose to do, give it to God,
God is always with us , always keeping us at His right hand. :)

Also, like you I am always in awe at how when witnessing to another or helping them, the words come as though from a full mountain spring, flowing easly and often? Teaching me as I speak or write them. :)
The more amazing part is Im dislexic, and struggle to read and write a sentence, yet when the Holy Spirit is at work, there is no struggle.
Why I love this scripture as well....
It is in our weaknesses, that God's power is made perfect, glorified! :)

You remain in my prayers in Jesus. :)

God bless
pickles