Golden armor?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Does anyone have any experience in dream sybolizm? I had this dream a while back and i feel god is telling me something. the only parts i remember is i was in a cave and started mining and i found different parts of armor all made of pure gold. it was the most beautiful gold i have ever seen. the last time i saw gold in a dream was that one i told about in my dream forums about the seven gold nuggets but this was so much more vivid gold. sometimes god sends me little messages in dreams. i can not rememeber what the dream was about but i usually remember the part of the dream where is telling me somethinng

Dec 18, 2012
You probably play minecraft like my son does...lol...no seriously...Gold armour is akin to putting on Christ. See Romans 13:12, Rom 13:14; 1Cor 15:53;Gal 3:27;Eph 4:24;Eph 6:11-14;Col 3:10-14; also Peter says we sharers/partakers in the divine nature...which gold is symbolic of. 2 Pe 1:4.
Often when only a snippet of a dream speaks to us, it like a thread of a revelation that God is wanting us to study so that he can speak many things to us.
Gold is common in scripture...but your dream links it with armour, therefore I liken your dream to putting on Christ, sharing in the divine nature, which is what has happened to you since Christ became your saviour....Also it is PURE gold...that speaks to me of the refining process.Malachi 3:2-4
That could mean that as you keep seeking the Lord in his word and in your heart, He is and will be refining you...that involves pressure and heat so that what is impure willcome to the surface and be taken away as dross.
The purging of the idols in our lives is akin to scraping the dross off of gold as it is heated.
You are mining...you are digging...keep it up by His grace in you...for you shall certainly find that which your heart is looking for. Yet along the way, it may seem as if the fire is too hot and the refiing to personal...that is what he is after and doing I believe.
Go for God.
Dennis

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You probably play minecraft like my son does...lol...no seriously...Gold armour is akin to putting on Christ. See Romans 13:12, Rom 13:14; 1Cor 15:53;Gal 3:27;Eph 4:24;Eph 6:11-14;Col 3:10-14; also Peter says we sharers/partakers in the divine nature...which gold is symbolic of. 2 Pe 1:4.
Often when only a snippet of a dream speaks to us, it like a thread of a revelation that God is wanting us to study so that he can speak many things to us.
Gold is common in scripture...but your dream links it with armour, therefore I liken your dream to putting on Christ, sharing in the divine nature, which is what has happened to you since Christ became your saviour....Also it is PURE gold...that speaks to me of the refining process.Malachi 3:2-4
That could mean that as you keep seeking the Lord in his word and in your heart, He is and will be refining you...that involves pressure and heat so that what is impure willcome to the surface and be taken away as dross.
The purging of the idols in our lives is akin to scraping the dross off of gold as it is heated.
You are mining...you are digging...keep it up by His grace in you...for you shall certainly find that which your heart is looking for. Yet along the way, it may seem as if the fire is too hot and the refiing to personal...that is what he is after and doing I believe.
Go for God.
Dennis
Well honestly i hate mincraft they are cube like people and its weirdl LOL no but seriously thank you for your interpretation, I can understand if god is telling me my faith is going to be melded into pure gold armor but i am just a tiny bit worried if i am doing good enough. I mean it just feels like i should be doing so much more but i don't know what i can do. The only thing i think i am doing right is how much time i spend with god everyday, i don't read the bible alot but i read scripture at least once a day. and there has been some spiritual warfare inside me going on lately. I mean yesterday i was drowning in sadness and lonelyness but i also had joy because even in this time i kept my eyes on jesus and I talked to him the whole time. If that is one of the things the interpretation means on how my faith is going to be refined into pure gold then your interpretation makes sense:)

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Could also mean, he is preparing you for something

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I also looked up dream sybolyzm and found one i find intriguing. if anyone remembers my dream about going with death into an elevator to hell I found the sybolyzm for elevators which honestly i didnt even thiink the elevator in my dream meant anything but apparently an elevator means passing into the spiritual realm and in my dream i did i went to hell or what i was supposed to think was hell. I found actually someone posted about a place where some dead go where ther is just dark, gloom and a place of no hope. no hell fire really but it fit the place i went to perfectly

Dec 18, 2012
Hi Blain,
what's all this about doing more for God? I did not mean to put you under a heavy load brother! Being in Christ is not about doing, Blain(I am saying this gently, I am not rebuking you, try to receive this as if your best friend were telling you)
Being in Christ is about believing.
You ARE in Christ. God put you into Him by grace not by doing anything..and that remains the same. You are not in him because you did anything right, even your believing in Jesus was a gift from God. And you will not suddenly fall out of Jesus because you do not do enough "Christian things". Let me bring it back to a human level.
Imagine parents who said to their children "If you do not wash the dishes, and clean your room every day, you are no longer my children!" I know that all human parents make mistakes, so it is a weak analogy..
God is NOT sitting in your heart pressuring you to do anything for Him Blain. He has come to give you rest brother.
It takes some time for many of us to learn that God is not a hard taskmaster like Pharoah in Moses day. Remember Pharoah..more bricks! more work..come on! build my church!(well a pyramid)...witness more, read scripture more, pray more, fast more, love more, worship, praise,wait on me, MORE.
Blain, all of that pressure is the flesh, our own flesh.
Remember that God redeemed Israel out of bondage to Pharoah and began bringing them into the land of promise. Notice I said began.
Because when you got born again, that was only the beginning.
God is taking you on a journey into Him more and more each day.
He loves you Blain. He is not loving you expecting you to love Him back..that would be a condition on His love, and His love is unconditional. He is Love, and he just loves you..no matter what your performance is like...he keeps on loving you brother..you cannot get away from it...NOR can you get him to love you more by doing anything!
Do you know why?
Because YOU died on the cross with Christ. Gal 2:20, Col 3:3,4, Rom 6:6-12
Now the life that you have is Christ Himself..now!. He in you, and you in He!
He will bring you to the understanding of these things. Not by the efforts of your soul, but through His Spirit in you.
I could go on more but it will turn into a book..ooops
I pray that you will have your spirit strengthened with might so you can have all spiritual understanding in all things..Col 1
Also I will say, if you are in a group that pressures from the pulpit to do more for God...it will burn you out and shrivel your spiritual life.

A simple little book that comes to mind is by Watchman Nee. It is called, Sit Stand Walk.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hi Blain,
what's all this about doing more for God? I did not mean to put you under a heavy load brother! Being in Christ is not about doing, Blain(I am saying this gently, I am not rebuking you, try to receive this as if your best friend were telling you)
Being in Christ is about believing.
You ARE in Christ. God put you into Him by grace not by doing anything..and that remains the same. You are not in him because you did anything right, even your believing in Jesus was a gift from God. And you will not suddenly fall out of Jesus because you do not do enough "Christian things". Let me bring it back to a human level.
Imagine parents who said to their children "If you do not wash the dishes, and clean your room every day, you are no longer my children!" I know that all human parents make mistakes, so it is a weak analogy..
God is NOT sitting in your heart pressuring you to do anything for Him Blain. He has come to give you rest brother.
It takes some time for many of us to learn that God is not a hard taskmaster like Pharoah in Moses day. Remember Pharoah..more bricks! more work..come on! build my church!(well a pyramid)...witness more, read scripture more, pray more, fast more, love more, worship, praise,wait on me, MORE.
Blain, all of that pressure is the flesh, our own flesh.
Remember that God redeemed Israel out of bondage to Pharoah and began bringing them into the land of promise. Notice I said began.
Because when you got born again, that was only the beginning.
God is taking you on a journey into Him more and more each day.
He loves you Blain. He is not loving you expecting you to love Him back..that would be a condition on His love, and His love is unconditional. He is Love, and he just loves you..no matter what your performance is like...he keeps on loving you brother..you cannot get away from it...NOR can you get him to love you more by doing anything!
Do you know why?
Because YOU died on the cross with Christ. Gal 2:20, Col 3:3,4, Rom 6:6-12
Now the life that you have is Christ Himself..now!. He in you, and you in He!
He will bring you to the understanding of these things. Not by the efforts of your soul, but through His Spirit in you.
I could go on more but it will turn into a book..ooops
I pray that you will have your spirit strengthened with might so you can have all spiritual understanding in all things..Col 1
Also I will say, if you are in a group that pressures from the pulpit to do more for God...it will burn you out and shrivel your spiritual life.

A simple little book that comes to mind is by Watchman Nee. It is called, Sit Stand Walk.
Oh no worries it wasn't you that made me want to do things for god, the thing i really want is to be very close to him and i want to do things for him because i love him not because i feel i can get him to love me more lol.

G

guitar777

What i was getting from what you were saying was, their is protection in Gods word, learn scriptures get in in your heart, Gods word like armour, many other things too. Jesus went back to the word in Matt 4:4 and said it is wirtten etc, i like using Gods word when i pray, you get to memorise it