Good question and thought.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 30, 2015
Is the requirement for living a healthy life found in the bible, and by healthy I am talking about what you eat:

Fast Food or Natural Chicken that comes from the earth for example??

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Is the requirement for living a healthy life found in the bible, and by healthy I am talking about what you eat:

Worry is probably the quickest health destroyer. Eat God's Word as an antidote.

Some lose more years off their life worrying about the right food to eat than they would have lost if they would have just been thankful for the food they were served. :rolleyes:

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
The Word says: 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. but I struggle when it comes to sea food, I have a tendency to go over board.

S

Siberian_Khatru

One word to all of your health concerns: bacon (interpretation yours).

Oct 30, 2015
Yeah, bad foods do destroy the body though, but I believe eating properly helps.

F

FreeNChrist

The Bible is not a diet book.

Nov 23, 2013

It surely does! Don't eat the kings meat, in other words don't eat the NWO food it will make you sick and unhealthy.

But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
[9] Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
[10] And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king. [11] Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,
[12] Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
[13] Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
[14] So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
[15] And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

Sep 4, 2012
The Word says: 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. but I struggle when it comes to sea food, I have a tendency to go over board.
I sea what you did there.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Proverbs talks about gluttony - so moderation is key.

I think our bodies adjust to the food (even many of the chemicals in that food) that we eat from an early age. And asking the Lord to bless our food has much more to it than I think we even realize.

But I have to agree with Crossnote that stress seems to take most people down, and cause them to be prone to many illnesses.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
hey as long as we're quoting Daniel, let's quote Christ, who said it's not what goes into your mouth that pollutes you.

When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you.
(Luke 10:8)

believe Paul also told the believers in Corinth to eat whatever was sold in the meat market or offered to them to eat (1 Corinthians 10:25-33) without asking questions about it, for conscience's sake.
with Daniel, just like here in Luke and in the Corinthian letters, there's some context to look at for sure. but if it plagues your conscience to eat something, don't eat it - i think that's the clear message Paul was giving about food, and why he said not to go asking lots of questions looking for something to worry about.

Last edited:

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
God created us to be vegetarians.

"And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 30 And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food. And it was so." Gen 1:29-30

After the flood, things changed in the earth, and God gave humanity permission to eat meat. It may well be that there was not enough green things to eat for a long time after the flood devastated the earth, which is why God gave Noah and his family permission to eat meat.

"And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.2 The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood." Gen 9:1-4

I still feel the vegetarian diet is the best. It contains less saturated fat, and if done properly, less sugar and chemicals. I have been a vegetarian for decades, but my husband always ate a typical meat and potatoes type of diet. He developed pre-diabetes and we were sent to a workshop on how to eat in a way that is more healthy to prevent the onset of permanent diabetes. It was a high fiber, low sugar diet. Pretty much what I had been eating, but lean meat and fish were allowed.

So my husband joined me on my healthy diet, and his blood sugar went back to normal. It is also heart healthy to eat high fiber, low fat and low sugar. I always call it my "God" diet. Because I try to eat foods in as close as possible to the way God made them, meaning no processed or fast foods, and lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.

The typical North American diet is NOT in any way, shape or form the food God gave us to eat either before or after the flood.

O

oldthennew

EPH.5:29. - For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

REV.2:17. - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh
will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone,
and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Worry is probably the quickest health destroyer. Eat God's Word as an antidote.

Some lose more years off their life worrying about the right food to eat than they would have lost if they would have just been thankful for the food they were served. :rolleyes:
Clearly you have never tasted "crow."

Nov 9, 2015
We are God's creation, his children. As we do unto others, and ourselves, so we do to Him. If you show a willful intent to destroy self, you are showing a willful intent to destroy God's creation. There are probably "degrees" here. Some dietary habits are not overtly intended to be destructive, only unhealthy, but overall this is an appropriate rule to follow.

Also, your body is a temple. Treat it accordingly.

Dec 12, 2013
I KNOW quite a few 90 plus year olds who grew up on everything fried in bacon grease or lard....the secret is to get off your butt and burn the calories you take in by moderate exercise....now having said that..there is a diet in the O.T. law...it was for the purpose of seperation and without a doubt had health benefits.....but primarily was designed as one method of seperation for the Hebrews....