Good Women in God's Word .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nathan3

Rather then resorting to opinion on this; I wanted to quote scripture that is often ignored.. what matters is God's word. Not our preconceived notions ;wherever they stem from.... I hope this will encourage women that read it. And research these scripture yourself and these women in your time.

Mary: mother of Christ. Luke 1:26-45 .. Luke 1:27,30,34,38,39,41,46,56; 2:5,16,19,34...Matthew: (1:16,18,20; 2:11) (13:55)... Mark: (6:3) 3:31. etc.

Eve : from who eventually , Christ would come through Mary.

Four daughters of Philip the evangelist; virgins, which did prophesy. Acts 21: 7 -9

Priscilla : most likely wrote the book of Hebrews used by God . Acts 18:2-3, Acts 18:18, Acts 18:19:, Acts 18:26, Romans 16:3-4 , 1 Corinthians 16:19:,
2 Timothy 4:19:

Deborah – Back when there were Judges, Israel was being attacked. There was no man judge , . Deborah was a woman.
And the men said: hay, you may have heard from God we can defeat them, but we're not going out there. Well she was the judge, she jumped into a chariot, off she gos, they had the victory, and even down to the fact of Sisera, the enemy, kinda wimped away, and crawled into a tent, invited in by Jael, a gentile women. And she offered him some sweet butter milk, lay down and rest yourself, and she drove a tent peg straight-through his head, she killed him. Man didn't get to destroy the enemy ,women did. Judges 5:1-2, Judges 5:6-7, Judges 5:5:12-13

Huldah – Prophetess II Kings II Chronicles Head of God's house. Men at one time in the scripture, they're confused, and they want to know what God has to say, so they went down to the university, God's house, The head of it was Huldah. And Huldah gave it to them. So to say that women do not teach, you missed something some where. Deborah #2 Prophetess and the fourth, and the only female, Judge is Israel lead Israels armies when the men were to scared to go to war that God told them He would help them. 2 Kings 22:13-16, 2 Kings 22:20, 2 Chronicles 34:22-28

Eunice and Lois - mother and grandmother of Timothy

Elizabeth – Luke 1:5-7, Luke 1:13, Luke 1:24-25, Luke 1:36, Luke 1:40-44, Luke 57-61 Mother of John the Baptist.

Euodias, and Syntyche Philippians 4 : 1- 4 -5.............

What dose the The Heavenly Father's Holy Spirit have to say about it ? The Holy Spirit was speaking through Peter and the eleven mind you. This is what was said :

Acts 2: [16] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

[17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your" daughters shall prophesy," and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

[18] And on my servants and on my"" handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:""

[19] And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

[20] The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

[21] And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

When something dose not add up, it means we have failed to understand the scriptures or check out what some one has taught us.
Let God's word in His totality speak. Don't Not forget these scriptures here. Don't hold onto the traditions of men.

Matthew 7 :

[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

[24] Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

[25] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

[26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

[27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

[28] And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

[29] For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Last edited:

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Ruth: Loyal to her mother-in-law, Naomi. Ruth 1:16-17
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
Esther: Saved the Jews. Esther 4:16-17
16 Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
17 So Mordecai went his way, and did according to all that Esther had commanded him.
Mary: Sat at Jesus' feet to hear His word. Luke 10:41-42
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The listing here is wonderful. It would be nice if others who think of other good women would post them here. The name, Dorcas, popped into mind, so I am pasting her reknown below here. For some reason I remember her as Dorcas, forgetting Tabitha. No matter, here is her role in our important lessons of faith:

Act 9:36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.
Act 9:37 And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
Act 9:38 And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
Act 9:39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
Act 9:40 But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
Act 9:41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.
Act 9:42 And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.

N

nathan3

Mark 12:42-44

King James Version (KJV)

42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

W

webchatter

you guys are great . thank you.

G

GreenNnice

Mary Magdalene - she stayed with Jesus (at the cross) until the very end, and, she was first to see Jesus was no longer in the tomb.

Her prostitute status debunked now, there is more and more to be learned about this mysterious lady, who devoutly followed Jesus'teachings and, some even say, Mary became to be called by Jesus an unnamed apostle. :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Mary Magdalene - she stayed with Jesus (at the cross) until the very end, and, she was first to see Jesus was no longer in the tomb.

Her prostitute status debunked now, there is more and more to be learned about this mysterious lady, who devoutly followed Jesus'teachings and, some even say, Mary became to be called by Jesus an unnamed apostle. :)
No one who believes Yeshua, Jesus, reading the Word has ever seen Mary Magdalene as anything other than a devoted disciple of the Lord. All of that nasty talk came out of Hollywood, and from nowhere else.

G

GreenNnice

No one who believes Yeshua, Jesus, reading the Word has ever seen Mary Magdalene as anything other than a devoted disciple of the Lord. All of that nasty talk came out of Hollywood, and from nowhere else.
YES, I know what Scripture states, JJ, that is why I said ''some.'

But, if she was excorcised of demons by Jesus, then, therefore, saved, and, following Him to Jesus' 'cursed on the tree man' ending, I think that Mary did some work of faith and just by virtue of her work in Scripture of discovering that the stone was rolled away and telling everyone, she was 'sent by God' which is the definition of a Christian 'apostle.'

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
YES, I know what Scripture states, JJ, that is why I said ''some.'

But, if she was excorcised of demons by Jesus, then, therefore, saved, and, following Him to Jesus' 'cursed on the tree man' ending, I think that Mary did some work of faith and just by virtue of her work in Scripture of discovering that the stone was rolled away and telling everyone, she was 'sent by God' which is the definition of a Christian 'apostle.'
I understood you. I just wanted to say that because I was furious (but not sinful) about the revisionism in the story about this wonderful disciple. I was seconding your post, sorry if I came off as a know-it-all. I love you in Yeshua, always, and may you be always held close by Him, amen....

G

GreenNnice

I understood you. I just wanted to say that because I was furious (but not sinful) about the revisionism in the story about this wonderful disciple. I was seconding your post, sorry if I came off as a know-it-all. I love you in Yeshua, always, and may you be always held close by Him, amen....
Yes, amen, Love you too, Christbro.
The Lord leads :)

A

AgeofKnowledge

How about that DEBRA! Now there was a woman of God.

W

wordhelpsme

Here are a few tidbits of women who worship God well.

Abigail – She was good in discretion and beautiful in form. 1 Samuel 25:3

Dorcus – Was very much loved. She did many good things and gave fine gifts. She spoke to many about God and Jesus. Acts 9:36

Esther – Through her faith and godly qualities she gained favor with all those seeing her. Esther 2:15

Hannah – She was prayerful and humble as shown in her beautiful song of thankfulness.
1 Samuel 2:1-10

Jephthah’s daughter – Out of respect for her father’s vow, she willingly remained single and enjoyed the privilege of engaging in sacred service at God’s sanctuary. Judges 11:28-40

Lydia – She had a generous spirit of giving among her fellow believers. Acts 16:11-15

Mary – Mother of Jesus. Showed willingness to listen to God’s messenger and obey. Courage to act in harmony with God’s will. She gave attention to spiritual needs of family and self. She had appreciation for moral purity. Luke 1:1-2:49

Phoebe – A defender of many, including Paul. Romans 16:1-2

Priscilla – Risk her neck when serving with her husband along with Paul in furthering the preaching work. Romans 16:3-4

Rahab – Put faith in the things she heard about the God of Israel and risked her life to protect his servants. Joshua 6:25

Rebecca – As a Godly woman of action, Rebecca was ready to please and serve, industrious, well loved. Genesis 24:15-67

Sarah – Showed Godly submission to Abraham, she supported Abraham when she gave up the comforts of Ur to live in tents, traveling from place to place. Genesis12:4

Ruth – The young widow Ruth was very loyal. She chose to stay with Naomi and her people and worship the true God. Ruth 1:8-17

Shiphrah and Puah – These two Israelites defied the Pharaoh’s command to put to death every male baby. They had a Godly fear and did not fear man. Exodus 1:15-21