Google overhauls privacy and security settings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 27, 2013
[h=2]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32958765[/h]Google has pulled all its privacy and security controls into a single hub.
It says the move is designed to make it easier for people to see and control what data is being gathered about them.

[h=2]Check-up tool[/h]The new hub is called My Account, and it sub-divides the settings into three sections, whose content is presented in what a spokeswoman described as "plain speak":

• sign-in and security - this includes account passwords, whether or not two-step verification is switched on, and details about which of Google's apps and other third-party services have access to the user's data
  • personal info and privacy - including details of a user's Search and YouTube history - with the ability to delete specific queries, control over what location data is gathered, and the ability to prevent search results and displayed ads from being personalised
  • account preferences - including language settings and the ability to remove oneself completely from specific Google services, including Gmail, YouTube and the Google+ social network
Google had already offered a "security check-up" tool, but it now adds a second privacy-themed one.

The campaign group Privacy International has also raised concerns.

"We cautiously welcome the step that Google has taken today. At long last, it is being more forthcoming with users about the information Google retains about them," said Dr Richard Tynan.
"However, the statement and tools seem limited only to information associated with an individual's account.
"It remains to be seen whether Google will be transparent with all the people it collects information on, whether signed in as a user or not, about exactly what information Google collects about them, what can be done with it and how we can discover the totality of information held about our daily lives and interests."

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Ok I kinda like and don't like this. I like it because there is. Ah e better security and yet I don't because I have no idea what they're gonna be giving of my info anyway.