Googling about Christian music and the trouble that ensues...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

faith101music

I was wondering how to expand the audience for my Christian music project, Faith 101, and Googled for help. The result was not what I was expecting. Here are my thoughts. I hope no one is offended. Just wondering if any of this resonates with anyone.

And before you say harps and cymbals, harps and cymbals. ;)

[video=youtube;L6J2NY-K80w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6J2NY-K80w[/video]

U

Ugly

This may have gotten more response if you wrote out your point instead of trying to raise your youtube hits.
I may have at least glanced over what you wrote but not click your youtube to listen to you talk about it.
Youtube videos of people making points tend to get skipped over often.

U

Ultimatum77

I was wondering how to expand the audience for my Christian music project, Faith 101, and Googled for help. The result was not what I was expecting. Here are my thoughts. I hope no one is offended. Just wondering if any of this resonates with anyone.

And before you say harps and cymbals, harps and cymbals. ;)

[video=youtube;L6J2NY-K80w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6J2NY-K80w[/video]
IDK brother if you have done this but a great way is to sell it on Amazon as a download and offer one free track (your best one) as a promotion......I think Itunes does the same thing but Amazon may be a little less with the cut of your royalties than Apple.....

But if I were you I'd setup webstores like Ebay, amazon, itunes, google play to advertise and sell your music...... just an idea... :)

F

faith101music

This may have gotten more response if you wrote out your point instead of trying to raise your youtube hits.
I may have at least glanced over what you wrote but not click your youtube to listen to you talk about it.
Youtube videos of people making points tend to get skipped over often.
Ugly,

I put this on my YouTube channel, and then thought to share it here. If you don't want to watch, that's ok. I don't think I'm going to transcribe what I wrote. It's over 4 minutes long, which is a fair bit to write.

My current rate of YouTube hits is pretty small, and I never anticipated making a dent in that here. Thanks for the well-intentioned advice.

John

F

faith101music

IDK brother if you have done this but a great way is to sell it on Amazon as a download and offer one free track (your best one) as a promotion......I think Itunes does the same thing but Amazon may be a little less with the cut of your royalties than Apple.....

But if I were you I'd setup webstores like Ebay, amazon, itunes, google play to advertise and sell your music...... just an idea... :)
Ultimatum,

This really started because I sell ukulele music, and the audience for that is quite small and concentrated. It is therefore fairly straightforward to get the word out about things you're doing in the ukulele world. My Google search was really trying to find if there was anything remotely like that in the Christian world, and being quite surprised at what Google returned to me.

Thanks for the advice RE Amazon. That's a route I have yet to explore.

John