Got a question, guys. Hope this doesn't go too far....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2015
Look Willy, the statement you made in post 12 is unbiblical...I did read and I did think...that is not what the bible teaches as the bible makes it clear you have to believe in the resurrection of Christ to obtain salvation...so...instead of speaking in riddles and questions and vague statements why not enlighten us all with your wisdom bro.......
I'm not here to match wits with a couple of people who want to show off how much they know.

I am trying to help 2416 get more of a grip on WHY he believes in Jesus, and WHAT he believes about him.

If he chooses to continue the dialogue, stay tuned, and you will see.

P

psalm6819

You might be better served to go back to some basics. Your questions seem to be a little disorganized.

Do you believe in Jesus? Well, WHAT do you believe about Him? Specifically. It's a serious question. There is really only one thing you need to believe about Jesus..... and it is not that He was raised from the dead. And if you get that belief settled, several other things begin to fall into place.
I'm thinking the direction Willie was going was as in "the devils believe and tremble" not that he was devaluing the Ressurection but jmo....

Dec 12, 2013
I'm not here to match wits with a couple of people who want to show off how much they know.

I am trying to help 2416 get more of a grip on WHY he believes in Jesus, and WHAT he believes about him.

If he chooses to continue the dialogue, stay tuned, and you will see.
This statement is ridiculous.....I am not trying to match wits with anyone Willy......and I would say everyone who answered is trying to help this person...but to tell him he does not have to believe in the resurrection of Jesus is NOT going to help him.....!

Dec 12, 2013
I'm thinking the direction Willie was going was as in "the devils believe and tremble" not that he was devaluing the Ressurection but jmo....
The devils believe in God, but have not confessed the resurrection of Jesus which is the cornerstone belief of biblical Christianity and to tell someone they do not have to believe in the resurrection is anti-bible, anti-Christian!

J

JoelG

There is spiritual warfare going on. You either got faith or you got disbelief, and there is no neutral ground.

S

shotgunner

This statement is ridiculous.....I am not trying to match wits with anyone Willy......and I would say everyone who answered is trying to help this person...but to tell him he does not have to believe in the resurrection of Jesus is NOT going to help him.....!
Nobody said he shouldn't believe in the resurrection! I agree with Willie that everyone needs to know why they believe in the resurrection and how that belief effects them.

You can believe in Jesus, even believe that he was resurrected and not be saved unless you accept that Jesus did it for you, that his death was to pay the price for your sins and his resurrection was for your justification. It has to be accepted by faith .

I know Satan worshippers that believe that Jesus is the Son of God, believe that he died on a cross and believe that he was resurrected yet they choose to be an enemy of God and will not receive that gift of salvation for themselves because they have been deceived by Satan to believe that God's their enemy.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
That's not exactly what Willie was saying.

He was saying that belief in the fact that Christ resurrected is like belief in what your history book tells you.

If you have the belief that when Christ resurrected it somehow helped you personally, that belief is efficacious...

How did Christ coming back from the dead help you? It shows you that He has power over death. Power to give Life.

In other words, our faith shouldn't just stop at believing that Christ was resurrected. Our faith should try to put all the building blocks together to make Salvation personal.

Otherwise, you believe a history book filled with facts...

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The devils believe in God, but have not confessed the resurrection of Jesus which is the cornerstone belief of biblical Christianity and to tell someone they do not have to believe in the resurrection is anti-bible, anti-Christian!
I totally understand your initial reaction.

I would have reacted the same way if I thought that was what Willie-T was saying.

Feb 9, 2010
*sigh*.......I have something that's been worrying me for quite some time. I've gotten plenty of encouragement from the other nice people on CC, and I really appreciate it(thank you! :D ), as well as doing my own studying and meditating on the Word of God. I'm just gonna put this here: Matthew 12:33-37.

What I ask is about how we are all going to give an account for our lives, how we lived. Is it possible to be saved from the wrath and God, but still end up afterward in Hell? I believe some say that we will be lifted and transformed into our new heavenly bodies(I forget where. Mght've been Bible Study Chat Room. I could be wrong about my statements).

And what about Lukewarmness?

I just need some thoughts on this stuff. Let's try to keep this nice and civil. Just post what you think, and leave it at that.
[SUP]36 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[SUP]37 [/SUP]For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned(Matthew 12:36-37).

To me it sounds like idle words are words spoken that have no profit,like belittling people,or talking nasty,as an example,which is talking to people in general.

The Bible also says that out of all the members of the body,the tongue is the most unruly,which means the tongue will sin more than any other body part,but the Bible says no man can tame the tongue.

So if no man can tame the tongue,and the tongue is the most unruly of all the members,how can a person abstain from sin.

It is obvious that God has to tame the tongue for no person can do it.

Jesus said lukewarm people that claim Him,he will spue out of His mouth,and not everyone that says Lord,Lord,will be with Him.

A person that is saved from the wrath of God would not go to hell,which the Bible says the saved are saved from the wrath to come,and if saved from the wrath to come you are right with God.

[SUP]
13 [/SUP]Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

[SUP]14 [/SUP]For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil(Ecclesiastes 12:13-14).

We will give an account of how we lived our life,whether we did good or evil,and if any evil does apply in judgment then they will not dwell with God,and the only way a person can be free from any evil is by repentance and the blood of Jesus,and being led by the Spirit.

The people that never got to hear the truth will be judged on their belief in a higher power that created all things and loves people,so they should love people,and ask God to forgive them of any sins,which creation testifies that God does exist and is good.

[SUP]11 [/SUP]For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire(1 Corinthians 3:11-15).

The saints will be judged on their works of what kind it is,and if they fall short on anything they will suffer loss,but they will be saved from the fire.

I

Is

You might be better served to go back to some basics. Your questions seem to be a little disorganized.

Do you believe in Jesus? Well, WHAT do you believe about Him? Specifically. It's a serious question. There is really only one thing you need to believe about Jesus..... and it is not that He was raised from the dead. And if you get that belief settled, several other things begin to fall into place.
You gotta admit Willie saying:

There is really only one thing you need to believe about Jesus..... and it is not that He was raised from the dead.
was a very poor choice of words.

S

shotgunner

You gotta admit Willie saying:

was a very poor choice of words.
Maybe so, but every Christian here should give as much grace to each other as possible, rather than looking for ammunition to prove them wrong. I'm speaking to myself also since I've also been guilty of jumping to wrong conclusions.

E

eternally-gratefull

hey bro, I think you misunderstood him,

He is not saying the ressurection is not important, he is saying what you believe about the ressurection is important (how it affects you)

the catholic church believes in the ressurection, But it is useless. because they do not comprehend what it means to them.. Thus it is useless to them. Same goes with Jason and other legalists.

I believe this is the point willi-t is trying to make

E

eternally-gratefull

*sigh*.......I have something that's been worrying me for quite some time. I've gotten plenty of encouragement from the other nice people on CC, and I really appreciate it(thank you! :D ), as well as doing my own studying and meditating on the Word of God. I'm just gonna put this here: Matthew 12:33-37.

What I ask is about how we are all going to give an account for our lives, how we lived. Is it possible to be saved from the wrath and God, but still end up afterward in Hell? I believe some say that we will be lifted and transformed into our new heavenly bodies(I forget where. Mght've been Bible Study Chat Room. I could be wrong about my statements).

And what about Lukewarmness?

I just need some thoughts on this stuff. Let's try to keep this nice and civil. Just post what you think, and leave it at that.

1. All men are guilty, and will be guilty and deserving of eternal judgment on the day each one stands before Christ.
2. what will separate those who participate in that judgment, and those who do not. is the blood of Christ.

I

Is

Maybe so, but every Christian here should give as much grace to each other as possible, rather than looking for ammunition to prove them wrong. I'm speaking to myself also since I've also been guilty of jumping to wrong conclusions.
Let Willie defend his own actions, are you his mother?