Got a verse?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bryancampbell

Hey church,

Got any good bible verses? Post em. What I really want if you could, post some that are edifying or awesome but it isn't very commonly used like John 3:16. Short and detailed is also something I'm really wanting to see. But no limit on how or what bible verse you post.

Oct 18, 2013
Hey church,

Got any good bible verses? Post em. What I really want if you could, post some that are edifying or awesome but it isn't very commonly used like John 3:16. Short and detailed is also something I'm really wanting to see. But no limit on how or what bible verse you post.
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us that we should be called sons of God. I John 3:1.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Ephisians 1:3-10

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

I know its not short, but anytime I try to cut this passage short.. I just feel as if I am cutting the meaning in half...

M

Moriah

PSALMS 27
[SUP]13[/SUP] I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
[SUP]14[/SUP] Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
The verse that He spoke to me when I was searching for purpose and direction. I travelled to a place I never been to, a total stranger and He me right where my heart s through that verse. indeed, if we seek Him with all our heart, He will reveal Himself to us, straight and sharp. :)

G

Graybeard

my signature.....good reassurance.

Dec 9, 2011
Mathew 11: 28 and 29

viewing the king james version(kjv)

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

S

savedandhopeful

1Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

I struggle with this daily...so this is a simple but good reminder for me...

D

DeusTecum

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:58)

This blew my mind the first time I read it and comprehended it. Jesus was talking to the Pharisees who scoffed him because he spoke with authority about Abraham rejoicing at the thought of seeing His day. This was such an eye opening word into the nature of Jesus as God. He was revealing that he exists everywhere. Reminds me of the Alpha and Omega. He is awesome!

Sep 6, 2013
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48 NKJV