Grace in the Workplace.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

I have been thinking about this lately. And I want to share with you about my Lord.

Recently I had to transfer jobs because we lost out house. When I came to this new job, there was so much pulling on my spirit, and on my body, that soon I became overwhelmed. So many things were out of line. Many bad attitudes, and if I had been a manager, I think I would have fired just about everyone.

But these things got worse, and I did not ask the Lord to intervene (What should God have to do with any of these things?). From the other job, at which I had worked in many different areas, and suffered wrong treatment, I finished well, and I had no enemies leaving. The people who mistreated me were all of a sudden friendly to me. At one point I was going to take things into my own hands and stand up to a boss, but the Lord rebuked me and I took back the letter I wrote. IF I HAD KEPT THAT LETTER THERE, SO MANY THINGS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!!! I WOULD NOT HAVE A JOB TODAY!!

But the Lord spared me my foolishness. Please, treat everyone kindly, even if they mistreat you. Do good to people who curse you, because these types of things please God.

So, back to this new store. This new store was a mess. And I was weighed so much about it that eventually I asked the Lord to intervene. I asked the Lord to get rid of all the wicked people, from the lowest to the highest, even to corporate. And then I was reminded of grace. So the prayer became that the Lord would warn them, three times, and if they do not repent, that they will be removed. I still think this is a trivial request now, but I was so overcome with grief. I cried out to my Lord to intervene.

Later that week I kept asking the Lord to give them a chance to repent. And I read somewhere in the bible, just coming across it that the Lord will not remove everyone at one time, but will gradually remove them. I was amazed.

Now, I had seen the Lord remove just about everyone out of my old store because of the mess that was going on. I was ignorant to what things people had done against me, and the Lord spared me. So I know how the Lord can work for those who love him and obey him. But I was sad to see some go, even though they had treated me wrongly. When they left I was not so much as relieved as I was shocked.

Anyhow. It did not take long. Before I knew it just about all but 3 bosses were either fired or quit. Including the store manager. And sub-managers were fired. And several others. I was sad to see who it was that left. I didn't know who was causing any of it, but I was shocked to see who left!! I was sad about it. I didn't mean for it to be that way, that people I cared for to be taken out too.

I made up in my mind that I will no longer ask the Lord to do this. I will suffer whatever I must, and I will let him do what he will, rather than see this happen one more time.

So I do not intervene with the gossip and all of the mess anymore. I let them do it, and I let the Lord decide what is best, and where I should be. God has promoted me whenever he wanted to. And he has prevented promotion whenever he decided to. I could be making more money even right now, but God decided against it. I was offered a promotion, actually within a few months of working, but I turned it down really, as I didn't think I was prepared, (I didn't have the confidence of my boss)

We should always be respectable to our rulers, and to those in charge of us in godly character. Serving them as if we are serving God. This will please him. If we subject ourselves to our rulers as unto him, for his glory. I love you all!

May Jesus bless you.