Grace, recieving it.

• Thread starter Livinglife4christ1992
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Livinglife4christ1992

I've been fasting this week from my phone and social media....God really wanted my attention to address heavy issues in my life. They were condemnation and grace....
I feel so condemned, that its keeping me from seeking God, I feel like I want to hide from God.
God spoke to me and told me Grace is a free gift, I need too receive it and rest in His arms.
He told me to stop trying to fix myself, improve myself, better myself, and just let Him hold me.
My human nature was like God, I'm impure, you can't hold me until I get my life cleaned up and He told me if I thought for a second if my sins have shaken Him? I thought for a minute and I shrugged my shoulders not knowing what to say. He said give it to me. I will clean your life up, not you, for if you clean up your own life how can I be glorified?
Last night I gave into God, just focused on "resting" in His arms as o was falling asleep, He gave me such peace, a comfort.
Now I'm really focusing on understanding His grace. So many of us don't receive it as a free gift, we feel like we have to better ourselves or pay Him back. No no no, we need to receive this free gift. Rest in Him. You're forgiven, I'm forgiven. Let Him work on our hearts, to change them. Let Him receive the glory for it ultimately belongs to Him.

Hope this blesses and encourages you today. Of you have any scriptures or quotes about grace, feel free to post them.
Have a blessed day!
Your sister in Christ,
Amber.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which can not be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Jn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Awesome post, Amber :) And so true. This sounds like Paul's main point in the book of Romans :)

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
God's ever-flowing grace is indeed wonderful. :)
We have access it by faith.

Rom 3:24-26
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Rom 5:2 - By whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

L

ladylynn

Hi Livinglife4Christ1992 Trusting our loving Father is the only way to have peace and joy in our daily lives...the joy of the Lord is our strength. :) I learned this wonderful truth the last few years of my life and I'm now 54 sister!! Keep on your journey Livinglife4Christ1992
"God loves me and I am in right standing with Him. I don't have to understand God to wholly trust Him. :)
I am God's child and I will live from faith to faith to faith.. worry, anxiety, stress... can't get in because God's rest is mine." God's love isn't based on our performance, it's based on relationship with Him. When we accept Jesus as our Saviour, a transaction took place, we were born again...(can't be unborn) His love for us is unconditional.;)

Ephesians 1:4 Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes. Amplified Bible.
Taking hold of God's love for us, getting a hold of the meaning of grace doesn't make us want to sin, it makes us able not to sin. This is such good news. No guilt to keep us down :) Guilt is sort of pride in disquise. We always want to "do" something to pay for our sin. Like you said Livinglife, we want to PAY HIM BACK... we can't. He already told us to confess our sins., not to let the devil trick us into staying away from our Father for weeks and weeks because we can't PAY Him back until we are sooo mizerable messing up our walk with Him it takes a truck load of fellow christians to pray us out of our depression, hopelessness and doom.

NO NO NO.... Jesus already paid for my sins past present and future and also the guilt of sin. We can now walk as sons and daughters of God and when we sin, we can go right away to Him and ask forgiveness and move on. This is our sanctification and we do it daily. It's wonderful. I'm so happy for you sister. It is the peace that passes all understanding that is our Father's gift to His children. God Bless you

Apr 4, 2013
Titus 2
11 For the grace of God that bring salvation has appeared to all men
12 teaching us that denying ungodliness and wordly lust, we should live soberly righteously and godly in this present world

Many define grace to suggest it blinds God to His Word or your sins. How absurd, grace wasn’t given to make God more like us but rather to empower us to be more like Him. If grace isnt teaching you to deny ungodliness and wordly lust, and to live soberly, righteously and godly. Then it is not God's grace, it is not biblical grace, it is not the grace that bring salvation.

M

moretalman

Livinglife4christ1992 Ive always undrstood grace as "unmerited favor" & it is that. But I've learned of another aspect of Grace & that is grace as Gods "enabling power". I can't live a righteous life in my own power but God can enable me to.

God give me the grace (enable me) to do as you command & command me to do as you will. Augustine of Hippo

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
1 Corinthians 12:7
Therefore in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a
messenger of satan, to torment me.
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

But He said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.