Greek/Hebrew vs. KJV Reading of....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
No from the quote from Zephaniah 3:9 in post #49 https://biblehub.com/interlinear/zephaniah/3.htm (strongs 8193) "LIPS",lip language ect. https://biblehub.com/hebrew/8193.htm

In Hebrew customs,speech much like any culture certain words are used in a type of "slang" i.e. kick's.neat-oh,keen,ect.(slang from the U.S. I remember from the 40's,50's,lol) every cultures language used different types across history.

Lips, in the bible is used similarly in Hebrews 13:15 (Greek) Paul uses this slang to refer to Hosea 14:2(Hebrew) and those who spoke Hebrew in Paul's day would have understood it as from their custom. In Proverbs 12:19 it is used as "truthful lips". Jesus in Matthew 12:34 says "how can you speak good things ect." in the same type analogy. there are many other scriptures in the O.T. Proverbs 14:3,Genesis 11:1, ect. (many others)...

In the thread (this O.P.) Matthew 24:13 led back to the original question ask by the disciples who used "age/aeon" which is Greek spoken by Hebrew/Jewish disciples/apostles so in their mind (way they ask/used it) they by custom were asking this based on things they had been taught as "Jewish/Hebrew" which is from the way yom/yowm ,strongs #3117 is used in the Jewish faith/scripture.

So Yowm (see Genesis 2:4) https://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/2-4.htm in Hebrew begins with the letter yod/y takes on (i) in Greek pronunctiation (more like an "a") yowm/aeon...

in the same type of slang evening and morning are used to denote the same, " and the evening and the morning were the first day,,ect" but is also used in others i.e. Daniel 8:26 "vision of the evening and the morning" denotes evening and morning as used in Genesis in that the two together completes that duration of time. So as used in Daniel 8:26 the vision of the evening and morning is showing one of the days(age,time,aeon,yowm) from beginning to end I.e. "when one age/day ends and the next begins".

In other cultures their slang would be completely different i.e. 2500 yeas ago in Greece their calender had 9 days a week,,the Romans used an 8 days a week until Constantine(pontiff) gave the calender we use but the Hebrews used a 7 day week from the scriptures and so they saw 7 times,ages,yowm ect. "six days thou shall labor (six ages) and on the seventh you will rest. That is because in Genesis Adam is told "all the days of thy life you will ect." so man will till the soil for six yowm "sweat of thy brow"(labor six days) and then rest(Sabbath). So the disciples are asking about day 5,6,7, and if day 5 was ending and they were beginning day six(still labor) or six was ending and then the 7th was beginning(rest).

Enoch,Irenaeus,Barnabas ect. and others refer to "six thousand years/six days" in their writings(their culture,customs,slang). I agree we today do not think this way anymore but back then "they did" so without seeing that they saw things that way their usage would not be understood. This is why in Israel their 70th year was celebrated(generation 1948-2018). They get this(7 ages) from Genesis 2:4 "generations of the heavens and the earth" in that they do not see from Genesis 1;1-Genesis 2:4 as a recounting of what was done but as a prophecy(noun) of what will happen from the beginning to the end of all 7 days/ages/yowm,generation ect. i.e Hebrew year 5758(almost the end of the sixth generation of the heavens and the earth.

lol, I have things I need to do for a while (think Hebrew when reading Hebrew writings)...

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Mathew 24 is NOT a Jewish passage. The entire chapter is Christ' response to these questions...
1. WHEN shall these things be, i.e. one stone upon another.
2. WHAT shall be the sign of your coming.
3. And the consummation of the age.
Mathew 24 is NOT only for the Jewish nation because the consummation of the age is for everyone.

There is still one stone upon another...

View attachment 186412
Has a stone been left upon another? I think this may be of interest to you guys. It's 30 mins but I think it's worth your time.

Matthew 24 and Luke 21 are parallel chapters explaining the same series of events, starting with the complete destruction of the temple. Now I know we all believe that Christ's words are true; that he wasn't a liar, wasn't exaggerating, wasn't mistaken...so we're forced to reason that maybe his prophecy hasn't come true yet because of the existence of the "western wall".

...But what if what the Jewish people are calling the western wall wasn't part of Herod's temple at all?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
First of all, people should know what the Word , Jew, means in the Word. It is not a reference to a religion but a type of person, a person who praises God.......See when Leah named Judah.

Jesus is truly the King of the Jews if one understands this.

Relating to the one stone upon the other, keep always in the forefront of your faith that Jesus is the Head and the Corner stone of the Temple, rejected of man, and we are the living stones, lively stones that is, of the Temple.

Jesus, Yeshua, will return to build His Temple for there shall not be left onestone upon the other.

Daniel has informed all well in advance that come the times of tribulation there shall be few people of understandign, and they will be scattered.........this goes with the teaching of Jesus, not one stone left upon the other.

For me this is wonderful to understand. Pray for understanding and the patience and longsuffering required for the days now and to come. All blessing in Jesus Christ.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
First of all, people should know what the Word , Jew, means in the Word. It is not a reference to a religion but a type of person, a person who praises God.......See when Leah named Judah.

Relating to the one stone upon the other, keep always in the forefront of your faith that Jesus is the Head and the Corner stone of the Temple, rejected of man, and we are the living stones, lively stones that is, of the Temple.

Jesus, Yeshua, will return to build His Temple for there shall not be left onestone upon the other.

Daniel has informed all well in advance that come the times of tribulation there shall be few people of understandign, and they will be scattered.........this goes with the teaching of Jesus, not one stone left upon the other.

For me this is wonderful to understand. Pray for understanding and the patience and longsuffering required for the days now and to come. All blessing in Jesus Christ.

.I forgot the most important part of the post, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for Jews around the world in all nations, that would be the Israel of God of course. Jesus Christ is King of the Jews.........know what Jew means before going off half-cocked thinking it is a reference to Judaism.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013

.I forgot the most important part of the post, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for Jews around the world in all nations, that would be the Israel of God of course. Jesus Christ is King of the Jews.........know what Jew means before going off half-cocked thinking it is a reference to Judaism.
I'm not sure if your posts are replies to me JaumeJ or to someone else...

I don't want to go off half-cocked thinking you're talking to me when you're responding to someone else, so could you please confirm?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I'm not sure if your posts are replies to me JaumeJ or to someone else...

I don't want to go off half-cocked thinking you're talking to me when you're responding to someone else, so could you please confirm?
Participating in the thread is the goal, and if it be God's will to help in edifying.

My response was set off by the comment that Jesus was not talking to Jews....... Jesus is always dressing true Jews..........The Gospel is for all Israel. The believers today are Israel, but most are not aware of it. This too will come to fruition.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
it would be compelling evidence though to prove that not every stone was left unturned if someone could prove that Gihon springs was the site of the temple and that the hooks to tie the sacrifices to ,the drain where the priest purified themselves ect. were found by those archaeologist...

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I'm curious,,,which way did Solomons Aqueduct flow up or down and then into the Kidron?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
lol, Not that I can speak for anyone but mine own self but...
In the video you posted its not clear if your saying it is or not standing...
( I think this was a reply to me? If not just let me know...)

I'm suggesting that the structure now called 'the western wall of the Herod's temple' isn't actually a wall from the temple at all, but a wall left from the ruins of the Roman Fort Antonia. I think the video is compelling because it goes further to suggest that the location today called "the temple mount" wasn't actually a location of any temple (while the actual spot of the two temples was south in The City of David). Then the video seems to back up this claim with archaeological, extra-biblical historic accounts and scriptural evidence.

There's one account they cite where a Roman(??) is recorded saying that they razed Jerusalem to the very foundation ("not one stone left upon another").

...all of this to suggest that (a) Christ words of prophecy were indeed true - not one stone of the temple stands - and that by greater implication (b) the great tribulation of the Jews began in 70AD, included their captivity into all nations (Matthew 24 & Luke 21), and has continued through to today.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
( I think this was a reply to me? If not just let me know...)

I'm suggesting that the structure now called 'the western wall of the Herod's temple' isn't actually a wall from the temple at all, but a wall left from the ruins of the Roman Fort Antonia. I think the video is compelling because it goes further to suggest that the location today called "the temple mount" wasn't actually a location of any temple (while the actual spot of the two temples was south in The City of David). Then the video seems to back up this claim with archaeological, extra-biblical historic accounts and scriptural evidence.

There's one account they cite where a Roman(??) is recorded saying that they razed Jerusalem to the very foundation ("not one stone left upon another").

...all of this to suggest that (a) Christ words of prophecy were indeed true - not one stone of the temple stands - and that by greater implication (b) the great tribulation of the Jews began in 70AD, included their captivity into all nations (Matthew 24 & Luke 21), and has continued through to today.

lol, yes it was my error I didnt notice I clicked their post until now,oops(forgive me oldthennew,lol)

I did watch the video but was confused whether you were saying it was or was not. As you probably know(has been debated for years) some debate that not one stone is left on the other and some debate not every stone was set off the other,lol.

it was difficult for me to tell if the man in the video was trying to prove or disprove one or the other position. In proving the whaling wall was part of Antonia he shows the location was at the Gihon Spring instead. So first there was one stone thing(Whaling Wall) but by the end of the video he shows the olive press,rings to tie the sacrifices to,the place where the table sat, a channel ect. and now theres even more stones from the temple still setting one on the other,lol.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
lol, yes it was my error I didnt notice I clicked their post until now,oops(forgive me oldthennew,lol)

I did watch the video but was confused whether you were saying it was or was not. As you probably know(has been debated for years) some debate that not one stone is left on the other and some debate not every stone was set off the other,lol.

it was difficult for me to tell if the man in the video was trying to prove or disprove one or the other position. In proving the whaling wall was part of Antonia he shows the location was at the Gihon Spring instead. So first there was one stone thing(Whaling Wall) but by the end of the video he shows the olive press,rings to tie the sacrifices to,the place where the table sat, a channel ect. and now theres even more stones from the temple still setting one on the other,lol.
Oh I see lol.

Well what he was showing towards the end (as far as I've gathered) were the ruins of Solomon's temple, not Herod's temple (which was built over Solomon's temple ruins many years later when the Jews returned from exile). Christ's prophecy involved Herod's temple that was currently standing at the time of Christ. "Not a stone (of Herod's temple) would be left upon another."

Directly above that excavation site in the City of David - where Herod's temple should have been - was a plowed field.

Feb 28, 2016
we, hub and myself are not able to post 'videos', so, make a check on yourself and try
to find out why you have involved us into your post...
hope you can sort this out...
:)

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
we, hub and myself are not able to post 'videos', so, make a check on yourself and try
to find out why you have involved us into your post...
hope you can sort this out...
:)

lol, I apologize It was my error I clicked you post by mistake,sorry

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Oh I see lol.

Well what he was showing towards the end (as far as I've gathered) were the ruins of Solomon's temple, not Herod's temple (which was built over Solomon's temple ruins many years later when the Jews returned from exile). Christ's prophecy involved Herod's temple that was currently standing at the time of Christ. "Not a stone (of Herod's temple) would be left upon another."

Directly above that excavation site in the City of David - where Herod's temple should have been - was a plowed field.

lol, that is how he words it in the video(Micah 3:12),I wondered why he only said that and not the rest of the scripture,forest/thicket ect .

Jesus mentions Micah in Matthew 2:5-6 and Matthew 10:36 as potions of it were being fulfilled. Micah lived in 700/750 bc appox. which was before Assyria or Babylon invaded so some was fulfilled then by Assyria the later by Babylon and then other of it later so it seems to be written about possibly both Solomons and Herod's days.

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
Jesus said, "See ye not ALL these things?" All those things include the massive stones of the Western Wall.

The Wailing Wall being thrown down could be a major sign that birth pangs are here. The wall falls when Muslims invade and take East Jerusalem and make the Dome of the Rock and the Al'Aqsa mosque the headquarters of their world Caliphate. This is where the man of sin will authenticate himself. The daily sacrifice mentioned in Daniel could be the end of Jewish prayers at the Western Wall caused by its destruction.

Muslims deny there's a Jewish connection to the Wailing Wall and want to deny Jews access to it. Many Islamic clerics teach that Jews should be prohibited to pray at the wall. I've read that the director of the Al-Aqsa Mosque once said, "This is a place for Muslims, only Muslims. There is no temple here, only Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock."
We also know that Muslim's want complete control of Jerusalem, especially the Old City. And we know the Palestinians want it too. They want Jewish control removed to the point of even allowing Jews access to the Old City.