Green Smoothie

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 19, 2010
One I'm drinking NOW... and eating this way makes me feel good.

I sometimes eat a little cooked food, and I've smoked a cigarette hear and there (because I live with people who smoke, and they offer them to me, and I just smoke)... and, I realized that when I smoke cigarettes, I feel worse, and when I eat raw foods, I feel better... which made me want to eat raw foods MORE and smoke NOTHING --
this reminded me of the verse, "...that the goodness of God leads us to repentance...": it is the GOODNESS we seek; by it, we turn from what ever is "NOT good"...

3 leaves of kale
4 tangerines, whole, cut in quarters
1 piece of aloe vera -- 1/2 in.x3 in.
approx 15-20 white grapes
approx 10 oz water
large pinch of cayenne pepper (optional -- doesn't interrupt much with the flavor, and increases metabolism + blood flow; but is a blood thinner, so if you're on blood thinners, or have low blood pressure, be careful)

Unless you have a Blendtec blender or something, I wouldn't blend up any amount that surpasses the 1/2-way mark on the carafe, so as not to burn out your motor. For this drink, you can just blend it a little, then separate it, blending one of the halves at a time until it is 100% liquefied (takes about 20 seconds or so of blending for each half).

The citrus oils in the tangerine peels, the vitamins and minerals in the greens, the aloe and the cayenne (plus the fiber from all the components) is POWERFUL in terms of feeling healthier, and the bodily terrain being STRENGTHENED... :)

C

Catlynn

oooooh sounds delicious! I may have to try that on tomorrow.

My green smoothie usually consists of tons of fresh spinach, banana, strawberries, flax oil, chlorophyll, acidophilus, orange, pineapple, raw cashews, and raw goat milk. ^_^ Oh, and a bit of super food....sometimes..... All of the produce I use is organic too. DELISH!

Feb 19, 2010
use greens that are BITTER... :)

check out "Green For Life" by Victoria Boutenko

C

Catlynn

Will do. I make them with kale and bok choy too. :) also, check out Master Tonic for healing purposes. :)

C

Catlynn

I'm totally downloading the Green Smoothies app for my iPhone. LoL

D

Dave7

Green smoothie... yuck! Has anyone ever left it for a while until it separates? Bleugh...

C

Catlynn

Haven't done that...doesn't sound appetizing though. lol

Feb 19, 2010
I think it is unappetizing to be stuck in the flesh, eating garbage that is destroying me... living confused; drinking green smoothies is appetizing, because of the reward involved...

Feb 19, 2010
When I want to go green... and I mean really green... like PLANT green :)

I use this:

For when you want to go REALLY green :)
... 'Green' is as important as 'live' -- as soon as the food is disconnected from its source of life (as in when a fruit is taken off the vine) it begins to lose life.

The best is LOCAL, ORGANIC, LIVING, GREEN

I saw a woman taking some "chlorophyll" solution, and it look to be full of dyes to make it look green when it was probably brown. Yours look different (dried), but the concept of LOCAL, ORGANIC, LIVING is being crossed in both instances, I think.

However, that is only "as you are able", which most aren't; so, what you have presented is a good alternative. :)

Ever heard of Active Ionic?

A

AgeofKnowledge

Good point about getting the fresh fruits and vegetables into you. I agree 100%.

Now these aren't "mine" as you stated but rather products I use from companies that I know are a cut above. They are 100% all natural and organic. There are NO artificials, sugar, dyes, or anything remotely like that in these products.

These are vegan grade all natural organic food products my friend that I personally use. That's why I listed them. I'm with you that green is good. Peace and God bless.

... 'Green' is as important as 'live' -- as soon as the food is disconnected from its source of life (as in when a fruit is taken off the vine) it begins to lose life.

The best is LOCAL, ORGANIC, LIVING, GREEN

I saw a woman taking some "chlorophyll" solution, and it look to be full of dyes to make it look green when it was probably brown. Yours look different (dried), but the concept of LOCAL, ORGANIC, LIVING is being crossed in both instances, I think.

However, that is only "as you are able", which most aren't; so, what you have presented is a good alternative. :)

Ever heard of Active Ionic?

A

AgeofKnowledge

I haven't heard of Active Ionic specifically and would welcome learning of your experiences with it if you've tried it. I take the Vitaman product each day currently and it's an organic blend harvested from the world's oceans by a company that's been doing it for more than 70 years old. Because it's derived from marine vegetation, it has a wealth of mineral content nonsensical cheated multi-vitamins from your convenience store can't hold a candle to.

Amazon.com: Vita-Man: Health & Personal Care

Have you heard of L-Lysine? It intereferes with the replication of viruses. So, for people who struggle with virus related issues like shingles, herpes, etc... it is something you want to add into your diet. Peace and God bless.

Good nutrition is VERY important.

Feb 19, 2010
I haven't heard of Active Ionic specifically and would welcome learning of your experiences with it if you've tried it. I take the Vitaman product each day currently and it's an organic blend harvested from the world's oceans by a company that's been doing it for more than 70 years old. Because it's derived from marine vegetation, it has a wealth of mineral content nonsensical cheated multi-vitamins from your convenience store can't hold a candle to.

Amazon.com: Vita-Man: Health & Personal Care

Have you heard of L-Lysine? It intereferes with the replication of viruses. So, for people who struggle with virus related issues like shingles, herpes, etc... it is something you want to add into your diet. Peace and God bless.

Good nutrition is VERY important.
Yeah; spiritual nutrition is important, too -- eating Jesus Christ.

1. As for killing viruses -- eat coconut butter/oil (it burns virus walls, allowing immune sys 2 destroy them): it is anti-viral/bacterial/fungal... it is like eating medicine

2. 1 pinch of sea salt + 2 drops Active Ionic + 1 gal distilled water = h30 (best water outside of spring water) YouTube "gabriel cousens best water"
Active Ionic is similar to the product you described, but since it was suggested by Dr. Cousens (leading voice in raw food movement), I trust it/prefer it to any other product (until he suggests something better) that he hasn't spoken about or reviewed (done research with).

L-lysine... I've heard of it, but I didn't know what it did. Raw food diet cures many many diseases, as well. Diabetes cured in 30 days. Cancer in 3 months. Raw diet focuses on strengthening the bodily terrain in order to let IT combat invaders, rather than taking pharma drugs.

thx man :)

C

Catlynn

I'm about to go all raw. I do my own gardening so that's where I get most of my veggies. Otherwise I go to local farmers markets. I'm all about curing illnesses by enabling my body to do it naturally. :)

Feb 19, 2010
I'm about to go all raw. I do my own gardening so that's where I get most of my veggies. Otherwise I go to local farmers markets. I'm all about curing illnesses by enabling my body to do it naturally. :)
Check out "Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine" by Dr. Gabriel Cousens :) :) :)

C

Catlynn

Sweet! Will do. Thanks!

C

Catlynn

Oh this book is hurting my brain today. LoL Maybe I should read it tomorrow. Great idea though. Super informative. :) I'm just tired after chasing my baby around all day. Haha I'll give more of my two cents when I finish it. ;)

A

AgeofKnowledge

We all need to rest sometimes. Especially mothers with energetic babies! Lol.

Oh this book is hurting my brain today. LoL Maybe I should read it tomorrow. Great idea though. Super informative. :) I'm just tired after chasing my baby around all day. Haha I'll give more of my two cents when I finish it. ;)