Greetings on the Path of Truth and Faith: Let's Walk Together

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Hey there, everyone, name's Tim Goodwin. No need for fancy words or grand titles; just call me Tim. I've walked a long road in this life, and I'm here to share a bit about who I am. Hope I don't put anyone to sleep.

First and foremost, I'm a regular guy. Sure, I've got some great roles in my life – I'm married, a dad, and even a grandpa. Family means the world to me, and those bonds have shaped who I am today.

I'm also an ordained vicar, which might sound impressive, but it really just means I've dedicated myself to my faith and my community. And speaking of faith, I'm a Vietnam Veteran from the US Navy. Those days taught me the value of camaraderie and a whole lot of sacrifice as many who have served as I can testify.

Now, here's something you might not expect – I'm a poet and an artist. Yep, I find beauty in words and colors. It's my way of expressing what's in my heart.

One major thing you should know about me is that I'm all about honesty. In a world where the truth sometimes feels like a rare gem, I believe in speaking it straight, no matter the consequences. It might sting a bit at first, but in the long run, it's better than living with a lie. As the Bible says, "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:32).

I'm also not a fan of corruption, lies, or a lack of integrity, especially when it comes to our leaders, whether in politics or religion. It goes against the very principles we hold dear.

But here's something I'm really passionate about – people having the freedom to live their lives as they see fit, as long as they're not hurting anyone or anything along the way. It's all about love, nonviolence, and justice, the core values that guide my life.

I'm a big believer in humanity and our planet. There's so much good out there, and I'm all for supporting it. Together, we can tackle the challenges our world faces, armed with the power of love, nonviolence, and justice.

And speaking of togetherness, I want to make it clear that I'm here to engage with all of you. I'm eager to learn from your experiences, hear your thoughts, and share in your journey. We're all on this path of life, and it's better when we walk it together.

Now, to wrap things up, I'd love to hear from each of you. What's your story? What passions drive you, and what values do you hold close? Don't be shy; let's get to know one another. Feel free to share a bit about yourselves, and together, I pray we can connect, grow, and learn to understand one another as brothers and sisters.

Attachments

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
As the Bible says, "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:32).

John 8:36 plus Romans 8:2 If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death.
:)

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, sir.

Thank you for your service and for being so open in your introduction. If you would ever be interested in sharing any of your poetry, then I would be interested in reading it.

Me?

I am just a simple man who got born again many years ago. Since then, I have been seeking to navigate my way through this fallen world with the help of God's Spirit and his word, and also seeking to help others to do the same.

Nothing glamorous at my end.

Semper Fortis.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Hey there, everyone, name's Tim Goodwin. No need for fancy words or grand titles; just call me Tim. I've walked a long road in this life, and I'm here to share a bit about who I am. Hope I don't put anyone to sleep.

First and foremost, I'm a regular guy. Sure, I've got some great roles in my life – I'm married, a dad, and even a grandpa. Family means the world to me, and those bonds have shaped who I am today.

I'm also an ordained vicar, which might sound impressive, but it really just means I've dedicated myself to my faith and my community. And speaking of faith, I'm a Vietnam Veteran from the US Navy. Those days taught me the value of camaraderie and a whole lot of sacrifice as many who have served as I can testify.

Now, here's something you might not expect – I'm a poet and an artist. Yep, I find beauty in words and colors. It's my way of expressing what's in my heart.

One major thing you should know about me is that I'm all about honesty. In a world where the truth sometimes feels like a rare gem, I believe in speaking it straight, no matter the consequences. It might sting a bit at first, but in the long run, it's better than living with a lie. As the Bible says, "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:32).

I'm also not a fan of corruption, lies, or a lack of integrity, especially when it comes to our leaders, whether in politics or religion. It goes against the very principles we hold dear.

But here's something I'm really passionate about – people having the freedom to live their lives as they see fit, as long as they're not hurting anyone or anything along the way. It's all about love, nonviolence, and justice, the core values that guide my life.

I'm a big believer in humanity and our planet. There's so much good out there, and I'm all for supporting it. Together, we can tackle the challenges our world faces, armed with the power of love, nonviolence, and justice.

And speaking of togetherness, I want to make it clear that I'm here to engage with all of you. I'm eager to learn from your experiences, hear your thoughts, and share in your journey. We're all on this path of life, and it's better when we walk it together.

Now, to wrap things up, I'd love to hear from each of you. What's your story? What passions drive you, and what values do you hold close? Don't be shy; let's get to know one another. Feel free to share a bit about yourselves, and together, I pray we can connect, grow, and learn to understand one another as brothers and sisters.
Welcome, welcome, welcome. Now you should feel very welcome.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Welcome VicarTimGoodwin, that was a fabulous introduction. We are kindred spirits, I respond to everything you have said! For sure we will hear from each other often.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You wrote quite the introductory post and I'm sure that you're going to fit right in with us. Glad to have you onboard. Welcome to CC.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to have you joining the fun & learning here and thank you for your service!!! I have a heart for the homeless and usually carry some leftovers (which are good btw) or anything I can find that is easy to pass out to them. I have 2 churches, one online from Chicago and one local. Welcome and God's blessing to your family.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Welcome, brother Tim... and thanks for the big intro! :)(y):coffee: