Greetings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 22, 2020
earth.
Hello people,
Quick bio:
I am a 55 yr old married woman who lives in a suburb of Atlanta, which is my hometown. I have lived all over the states but am happy to have resettled in Georgia. Til Jesus comes back anyway. I lead a super simple life. And I love it. My day starts with time in my garden with the morning dose of the Word and a cuppa joe. Usually about 0630. Then I let the chickens out. (all 2 of them). and I fellowship with them some. Then I see if hubby's up and make more coffee. I treasure the simplicity and serenity. This pandemic has been an unexpected blessing as it has kept me home, where I would rather be anyway. I don't do social media, I don't really watch TV, and I am blessed to have an abundance of time to spend with the Lord and my husband and my birds. (God's birds, I'm just their caretaker).

SO, as to my faith, let me share this briefly. I grew up in a protestant church, though my mother was a congregation hopper.
I took for face value everything I was taught there and assumed that the man in the pulpit knew his stuff. I spent my adult years only visiting church but still kept the faith in my heart of the One Truth I knew. That Jesus, who is God, became flesh to accomplish His purpose laid before the foundations of this world. He is cultivating His Seed into a body of believers fit for His Kingdom. I believe He died and rose and lives. I believe He is coming again to establish His Kingdom here as He said in the Scriptures. I believe the only way to the Father is through the Son, and so I gave my life to Him for redemption and seek His wisdom and strength while still in this body of flesh as I sojourn in this world which is ruled by Satan. (temporarily)

Ten years ago I experienced a reawakening and realized I had strayed from the Way and had spent too long without leaning on my Heavenly Father.
I made a commitment to get back in the Word and begin to live for HIM, instead of for me. So I have searched for congregations to fellowship with and have had difficulties and I have found only a few that are not saturated in customs of man taught for doctrine.
I am not any of the following:
Protestant
Catholic
Jehovah Witness
Seventh-Day Adventist
Amish
Mennonite
Whateverothermanmadereligionyoucanthinkof.

I come in peace.
I come to learn.
I come to bear witness to the Christ and preach the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Because of Him,
Batyah

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
- Copy - Copy - Copy (11) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg Friendly.png
'Perhaps you have entered into a more spiritual reality apart from
'religious' rules and regulations of the man-mind."

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Batyah, and welcome to CChat.

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult time finding an acceptable church. There are churches, and even a couple of denominations, that seem nearly beyond help (well, except the Lord's). However, there are many other churches out there that, while they may seem to be dead or dying, are actually just in need a few new, committed believers to turn the direction they're heading in around. So, if you can't find a great church, maybe you could find one where you, as a committed/mature believer, could be a special blessing (at least until you find the church that you've looking for :))?

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hello people,
Quick bio:
I am a 55 yr old married woman who lives in a suburb of Atlanta, which is my hometown. I have lived all over the states but am happy to have resettled in Georgia. Til Jesus comes back anyway. I lead a super simple life. And I love it. My day starts with time in my garden with the morning dose of the Word and a cuppa joe. Usually about 0630. Then I let the chickens out. (all 2 of them). and I fellowship with them some. Then I see if hubby's up and make more coffee. I treasure the simplicity and serenity. This pandemic has been an unexpected blessing as it has kept me home, where I would rather be anyway. I don't do social media, I don't really watch TV, and I am blessed to have an abundance of time to spend with the Lord and my husband and my birds. (God's birds, I'm just their caretaker).

SO, as to my faith, let me share this briefly. I grew up in a protestant church, though my mother was a congregation hopper.
I took for face value everything I was taught there and assumed that the man in the pulpit knew his stuff. I spent my adult years only visiting church but still kept the faith in my heart of the One Truth I knew. That Jesus, who is God, became flesh to accomplish His purpose laid before the foundations of this world. He is cultivating His Seed into a body of believers fit for His Kingdom. I believe He died and rose and lives. I believe He is coming again to establish His Kingdom here as He said in the Scriptures. I believe the only way to the Father is through the Son, and so I gave my life to Him for redemption and seek His wisdom and strength while still in this body of flesh as I sojourn in this world which is ruled by Satan. (temporarily)

Ten years ago I experienced a reawakening and realized I had strayed from the Way and had spent too long without leaning on my Heavenly Father.
I made a commitment to get back in the Word and begin to live for HIM, instead of for me. So I have searched for congregations to fellowship with and have had difficulties and I have found only a few that are not saturated in customs of man taught for doctrine.
I am not any of the following:
Protestant
Catholic
Jehovah Witness
Seventh-Day Adventist
Amish
Mennonite
Whateverothermanmadereligionyoucanthinkof.

I come in peace.
I come to learn.
I come to bear witness to the Christ and preach the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Because of Him,
Batyah
A warm welcome to CC, sister Batyah! A big Amen to everything.:) I too want to be known as a simple, straight out, regular Christian. No denominational labels will be seen in Heaven, we can be sure of that! Say hello to those chickens for me, will ya?:coffee:

Jul 22, 2020
earth.
Hello @Batyah, and welcome to CChat.

God bless you!

~Deu
p.s. - I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult time finding an acceptable church. There are churches, and even a couple of denominations, that seem nearly beyond help (well, except the Lord's). However, there are many other churches out there that, while they may seem to be dead or dying, are actually just in need a few new, committed believers to turn the direction they're heading in around. So, if you can't find a great church, maybe you could find one where you, as a committed/mature believer, could be a special blessing (at least until you find the church that you've looking for :))?

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
what wise counsel you offer. This has crossed my mind, that finding a congregation that is showing signs of Life and fellowship to see how God may wanna use me there?
of course not much I can do with all that pestilence running about...still isolating at home for the foreseeable future.

i like your username.
d'varim - the words.....these are the words which Moses spoke to Israel.

Jul 22, 2020
earth.
A warm welcome to CC, sister Batyah! A big Amen to everything.:) I too want to be known as a simple, straight out, regular Christian. No denominational labels will be seen in Heaven, we can be sure of that! Say hello to those chickens for me, will ya?:coffee:
thank you for the warm welcome.
(labels are for boxes)

my two month old pullets, Beatrice (buff orp) and Matilda (barred rock) are just sweethearts and I'm thankful to have the opportunity to be the caretaker of such fine creatures. I witness God's creative handiwork every day in these little girls.
everyone will have a role to fill in the Kingdom to come. I hope I get picked for animal caretaker and/or garden keeper.
My imagination may be creating scenarios however that will not even take place in the Kingdom of God.

His will, not mine.

peace in Christ

Jul 22, 2020
earth.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Hey bingo, thanks for the welcome.
may I ask what it is you mean by 'religious rules'?
I think I know but don't wish to assume.

thanks dear one.
"More or less the do's and don'ts of churches and denominations.
Each seem to have their own agendas'."
:)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
what wise counsel you offer. This has crossed my mind, that finding a congregation that is showing signs of Life and fellowship to see how God may wanna use me there?
of course not much I can do with all that pestilence running about...still isolating at home for the foreseeable future.

i like your username.
d'varim - the words.....these are the words which Moses spoke to Israel
Hello again Batyah, one of my friends is the minister of music/worship at one of our megachurches. One of his friends, a pastor at another, smaller church, asked him if he could send someone over from his church to help out while they looked for someone to replace their worship leader (who had left them suddenly), so he decided to go and help out the first week himself.

He told me how horrible the experience was, because the church was so dead that it was even getting to him (especially as he did his best to lead their congregation in worship). One of the Scripture readings was Psalm 150 however, the main theme of which is the admonishment to "praise the Lord", and as it was being read, the Lord impressed a fourth word on his heart, "YOU" ... "praise the Lord". So he did, and he told me that everything changed because he did, not only for him personally, but for the congregation as well :)

~Deut

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome Batyah, nice to meet you and I'm glad the Lord led you to CC at such a time as this. May God bless you and your family &:) hope to see you around the forums!