grilled cheese

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Oatmeal can be a savory. I've put salt and garlic in a bowl of oats before.
always salt in oatmeal. our son eats it most mornings with salt, a spoon of peanut butter, and a sliced banana.
he doesn't do sugar. at all.

oatmeal is a pretender in that way, like tofu. it'll adapt to taste like what you put in it. which is neat!

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I have had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches many times. Same for tuna fish sandwiches too. Good comfort food for sure.
grilled cheese and tuna? you remember Frank, from the SYM thread? we emailed for years and he used to scold me about canned tuna. said tuna salad was okay, as long as you cooked fresh tuna and flaked it.

i said, what am i, a fisherman? :oops: :D

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
it was a joke, Lynx. :)
I know that. Shhhh! I was playing along, being offended and seeking specific parameters on the barbarism.

But people really do put chunks of tomato in tuna in this area. I think it disrupts the tuna sandwich experience, myself, but whatever.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Some people down here in the South put diced tomatoes in their tuna sandwich.?
That seems like a sensible approach. My wife adds diced tomatoes in her tuna salad. I omit these when I make it but either way, tuna fish salad sandwiches are a good thing.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, I don’t get why no one is asking for my alligator stew recipe lol.
:ROFL: Well, for some of us, alligators are in rather short supply.... although, there are a bunch of them in the Red... just about an hour north of me... hmmmm. Wrestling them out by hand? Probably not... I'm too old for that. ...... that's why God gave us AR's.... (America's Rifle)
I have had alligator tail at Razoos restaurant, though... pretty tasty....

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I do grilled cheese all the time.... my grand girl insists that mine are way better than the wife's.... (brag)

I don't get real complex.... real butter on one side of each slice of whatever kind of bread we have... two slices of real American cheese (not the 'food product' garbage) ... sometimes an extra slice of colby-jack or cheddar, if we have it. Grill on both sides on medium-low heat till the cheese is melted...
I have been known to put a couple slices of bacon between the cheese slices, or if it's for me, a tomato slice. The grand girl doesn't want any "extras" in hers....

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't blame her a bit. Tomato and bacon have their places, but are intruders on a good, pure, delicious grilled cheese sandwich.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
:ROFL: Well, for some of us, alligators are in rather short supply.... although, there are a bunch of them in the Red... just about an hour north of me... hmmmm. Wrestling them out by hand? Probably not... I'm too old for that. ...... that's why God gave us AR's.... (America's Rifle)
I have had alligator tail at Razoos restaurant, though... pretty tasty....
hey, hornetguy, how did they prepare it? roasted? grilled? what seasonings or sauce (probably not a sauce, but i ask because maybe) ?

i'll most likely never have the chance to eat it. did it taste like chicken? :D

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
for a grilled cheese sandwich, i use organic white bread buttered with Irish butter, (no white flour in it), homegrown tomatoes & onions that are chopped up to small bits & natural white cheese.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
hey, hornetguy, how did they prepare it? roasted? grilled? what seasonings or sauce (probably not a sauce, but i ask because maybe) ?

It's been 20 years or so.... IIRC, it was grilled in seasonings.. and tasted very good. Not like chicken, IMHO... the texture and flavor were different from chicken. It was good...

Billyd

May 8, 2014
My alligator recipe.

I cut the meat into one inch cubes. I cold (in the refrigerator) marinate it overnight in a mixture of oil and vinegar (1 cup each) and Cajun spice. About an hour before I ready to cook it, I drain the meat and let it rest on paper towels. I mix extra fine ground corn meal, a little salt and pepper in a large paper sack, shake it well, then add the meat. I shake the sack again, then drop the meat cubes into the deep fat fryer. (400 degrees) Cook until brown. (I usually sample a cube to see if it's done).

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston

No, it doesn’t. It tastes like something which has been venturing through the swamp lands eating whatever and their cousins!😂