Growing up..... Scary??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Psalm2713

do you guys have any advice for us late-teenagers??..... right now there is so much fear all around me.... what happens when one can't go to college because they failed their exams?.....does it mean they will end up poor?
please help!!!..
Does college really matter that much????

H

HannahLeigh143

do you guys have any advice for us late-teenagers??..... right now there is so much fear all around me.... what happens when one can't go to college because they failed their exams?.....does it mean they will end up poor?
please help!!!..
Does college really matter that much????
if you ask me it matters cuz it can provide you a better life but also remember that you can get a job and provide yourself a life to!!!

P

Psalm2713

if you ask me it matters cuz it can provide you a better life but also remember that you can get a job and provide yourself a life to!!!
well I got into a good college and all... but few friends of mine and my brother didn't do well in their exams....... THinking of them being poor makes me really sad..... *tear drops*

H

HannahLeigh143

well I got into a good college and all... but few friends of mine and my brother didn't do well in their exams....... THinking of them being poor makes me really sad..... *tear drops*
jus because they didnt do well doesnt mean you wont keep ur head up god is with yhew nd will help you through this!!! yah poor people make me sad to cuz then i wnna help them wen i knoe i cnt!!!

W

wolfywolfs

i know the marking system is different on our countries but i only passed my exams got d basically average got a c in maths so abit better than average doesnt mean life is over i did a college course in art and now im at universty studying games modeling and the game industry is a big well payed buisness you cant get into a great job staright away from leaving school all that school does when u get your results is show where you start in higher education didnt do to well u may have to start on a bottom course you did really well you dont have to do the beginers stuff your mind is capable of going straight o the advance stuff

Jan 18, 2011
Well if you were from the US I would just recommend community college and then transfer to a university from there. But I have no idea how it works in your country. There may be something similar in your country, a junior or community college that can be used to get a foot in the door. I don't know but look into it.

P

Psalm2713

thanks guys..... I was getting really scared....*relief*

A

Aqua_Girl09

going to college give you a huge boost up. (like getting a red mushroom on mario. >_<). but you DON'T have to have a college degree to "get through the game" its just a little harder. if you're good at what you do and you know what you're doing you can be just as sucessful as the person with a masters.

you just have to work a bit harder. ask God where your path is and open your heart so you can see what hes showing you.

P

Peccatus

Here's the thing, i don't want to be an ass and bash other people's thoughts on this topic but my story is i was kicked out of high school when i was a senior, never went to any college or trade school and i own my own business. I do web design and i make a good living off of it. There are plenty of people just like me who society deemed failures and they rose up. Look at Christopher Paolini, dude dropped out of high school at age 14 and now he is a best selling author.

P

Psalm2713

I think I will be fine... I will be going to Stanford next fall... was just woried about my brother.. he is really smart but was lax for the past few yearsand so didn't do very well.....I guess it's always good to study hard..... :)

Jan 18, 2011
I think I will be fine... I will be going to Stanford next fall... was just woried about my brother.. he is really smart but was lax for the past few yearsand so didn't do very well.....I guess it's always good to study hard..... :)
You will be doing a whole lot of that.