Growing weary..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EndlessGrace

It's so east to trust God when every day isn't hell on earth. It's easy to trust God and smile and be happy when you're in complete health. Seems like any obstacle can be overcome besides diseases with no cure. No cure sounds hopeless. Throw some ****ty circumstamces into the mix and you've got one struggling christian who prays and seeks and hopes and prays.. And still isn't redeemed. WHY would jesus die if I can't recieve my healing??? Why would God promise to work all things together for my good if he didn't plan on breaking these chains that weigh me down?? Jesus said anything you ask in my name, believing, took shall recieve?? I do not understand. I'm not supposed to understand but trust in him with all my heart.. But I am Loooooooong suffering!! :(

J

jimmydiggs

Jesus said anything you ask in my name, believing, took shall recieve?? I do not understand.
He was speaking to the Apostles.

The rest of your post, I'm afraid I don't have the experience to answer.

B

BackFlipForward

In Chapter 9 of John, Jesus heals a man born blind.

John 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life..."

Maybe He's wanting to do the same with you. He wants you to show people that even though you're going through these heavy afflictions in your life, you can still shine your light to others. A light that comes from trust and faith in God that even though you're suffering on earth, your reward will be great in heaven:

Matthew 5:3
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

He knows you're weary. He knows. But you also have to remember the cross. Christ lived a perfect life for 30 years without sin, he was betrayed, he was tortured, he was scorned, he was stripped and humiliated, and he shed his blood a total of 7 times, before he finally died after being nailed onto a tree where his blood was shed the 7th time. All of this for you. I don't understand what you're going through, but I know that holding on to God is so much more worth it than not.

There was a poem that I read called Footprints in the Sand. I would like to show you it down below:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

This poem was pretty mind blowing for me. You can count on it that God will carry you. After all, He carried that cross all the way up on Mount Calvary and freaking DIED for you! Why wouldn't you expect him love you enough to be by your side always!

Hebrews 13:5 b
"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

He will never leave your side. EVER. Even when you don't think He's there, He's there! Remember that no matter what you're going through, Christ is going through it with you.

Hebrews 13:8
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever"

Did you read that? He's the same yesterday, today, and forever. That means that the love He felt for you when He died upon that cross is the same love that He's feeling for you now! Pray that you can stay faithful to him. Spend some time in his Word (the Bible). I just beg you to not lose faith!

Here are some verses you can reflect upon and pray on: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

I will be sure to pray for you.

~Nat

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Hey, God has plans for your life that are perfect and bigger than you can ever imagine. He will never abandon you, never forget you, never ignore you, but let patience have its perfect work, that ye may be perfect and complete, wanting nothing (James 1: 4)
I know it hurts, and it is as a deep hole where the end is far away. Just surrender your life, your body, your burdens, don't carry them, give them to God and tell Him to do to them and you as He wishes. Don't carry the pain, give it to God. I pray His wisdom and understanding may come unto you. God bless

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
Sis, we do not know your situation. But your hope must be in your salvation. Death, disease, evil, and sin exist in this world. As Christians we are not exempt from death or disease, or to be treated in an evil way. Jesus promised us persecution. He said the world hated Him, so we shouldn't be surprised if they hate us. But whatever your situation is, if you truly belong to Him and your hope really is on Him, then you will know that through all suffering He is with you, even after you die He will be with you and you with Him. That is our hope and the hope of many who are hopeless.

YouTube - A DYING MANS LAST WORDS, A MESSAGE FROM GOD

I wish we were all like this man on that video. Even when he was in agony, and couldn't even take a breath or speak He still glorified God. How beautiful

E

EndlessGrace

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words, and that video was indeed beautiful.God BLESS

L

lsweet4640

I've been through some very bad times here too. As a teenager I made horrible choices which God allowed and I had to make it through the consequences which helped me to understand others. I am going through a bad time right now & even though I'm 47 I still don't "understand" but know with all my heart that we go through horrible times to grow closer to God. The times I've been the closest to Him are when I've gone through crappy times & hated my life. I hope you have some good friends to talk to. Know that you can get through this even though it seems impossible.

Thinking of you!

K

knh44

Just remember, friend, that God gives us burdens and hardships not only that we may learn to lift them up to Him, but also to strengthen him. In Hebrews, it even mentions thanking Him for the troubles He gives you. As hard as that is to do, I know that you will come out of this a stronger person, with a better sense of what God has in store for you. :)

Y

ypineda

i know exacly how you feel and like the saying goes.... things are easier said than done... its easy to come and give you advise but hard to apply them to my own problems. time does not exist for god. that is something we have created. so he wont come and tell u "i will heal u in a day, month, year" and i think u first step to healing is making your faith stronger. dont say GOD WILL U HELP ME? because what you should be saying is GOD I KNOW U WILL HELP ME!! i dont know what ur situation is but know that everything has a porpuse. and their is always someone in the world with a more dificult situation. be greatful for what u have and live life joyfully because God is LOVE and love has its obstacles. but its also what keeps us moving foward. remember like the people of israel god said he would take them to the promise land but it wasnt an easy journey.

THE BEST THING I CAN RECOMMEND IS READ THE BIBLE. THEIR ULL FIND MORE EFFECTIVE ANSWERS. REMEMBER WHAT IT ALSO SAYS. EVEN FAITH THE SIZE OF A MUSTARD SEED IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO MOVE MOUNTAINS. WELL IT DOESNT SAY IT EXCACLY LIKE THAT BUT U GET THE POINT.

GOD BLESS AND IF U NEED TO VENT DONT BE AFRAID TO DO IT. THATS WHY I SIGNED UP FOR THIS. TO VENT.

ANYONE AGREE WITH MY COMMENT? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK.

S

Servant_of_God

Several scriptures came to mind after reading your post.
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you
Psalm 121:1
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
Isaiah 43:2:
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
To name a few. I was also reminded of a sermon about stubborn faith. Have a determined faith that you will overcome every trial. Have an unyielding faith that He took stripes on His back for our healing. Have an adamant faith He will not forsake you. Do not believe the lies of the devil. God will use these circumstances to bring Him glory. There is purpose in trials: God is still in control and He has not forsaken us but wants us to trust Him so we can mature. A song I have found recently that brings me great comfort is Mercyme's Jesus Bring the Rain. It is a very awesome song.