guess the answer unless you know????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bryancampbell

What was the year when Jesus was 5 months old?

1 AD or BC? Think about it ;-)

This is just for fun :p

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Since 0 is the fulcrum and not a year, it separates 1 BC from 1 AD, therefore he would be five months AD. Again, 0 does not nor is capable of representing a year.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I dunno, I'm still tryin to figure out when the 'Common Era' (C.E.) started :p

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Isn't BC/AD part of the Gregorian calender, and therefore not in effect at the time? Whatever year it was would be expressed in a Hebrew calender.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
CE and BCE are terms used by Israelis and many Jews referencing the calendar used by most Western nations and many Eastern.. This is to separate themselves from the Christians.

This is a practice much akin to the Christian churches changing the Seventh Day worship to the First Day in order to separate themselves from the Descendants of the faith of Abraham...

Both are sad distinctions.

Common Era and Before the Common Era..........some people change this to Christian Era and Before the Christian Era............

B

Bryancampbell

If I'm not wrong CE/BCE is no different than AD/BC
Like my friend JaumeJ said, sometimes referred to as Christian Era/Before Christian Era
I don't know about the changing worship days had any connection

T

Therapon

Even the last Pope recognized that there was an error in the Gregorian calendar, in his book stating that Jesus was probably born in 7 B.C.. Over the last 25 years, I have stated in several of my books on eschatology that solid documentary evidence pointed to Jesus being born in 7-8 B.C.

Last edited by a moderator:

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
It is held that the dates are wrong and Jesus was born just before what we know as AD... so possibly around 5BC is the usual given estimate. We could split hairs and argue over a couple of years but its not really that important.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
Many scholars place Jesus birth at 3 BC. He started His ministry at about 30 years old which would be 27 AD and died in the year 31 AD on Nisan 14, a Wednesday.

C

CoooCaw

Jesus was born around september 3bc julian calendar; 5mth old in 2bc

he started to minister near the end of 27ad

died 25 april 31 ad julian date 3pm jerusalem time

This is just for fun :p

R

RachelBibleStudent

CE and BCE are terms used by Israelis and many Jews referencing the calendar used by most Western nations and many Eastern.. This is to separate themselves from the Christians.

This is a practice much akin to the Christian churches changing the Seventh Day worship to the First Day in order to separate themselves from the Descendants of the faith of Abraham...

Both are sad distinctions.

Common Era and Before the Common Era..........some people change this to Christian Era and Before the Christian Era............
CE and BCE are also widely used by secular writers nowdays...a lot of textbooks now use that system...

T

Therapon

Many scholars place Jesus birth at 3 BC. He started His ministry at about 30 years old which would be 27 AD and died in the year 31 AD on Nisan 14, a Wednesday.
The birth of Jesus is tied to a Roman census, Luke 2:1-4, and a Roman census happened every 14 years +/-. There is documentary evidence for the census of 6 A.D. and 8 B.C. but absolutely NO evidence for a census in between those two dates so we are not left with a lot of options. All authorities recognize 6 A.D. as to late for Jesus birth and the closest prior census was in 8 B.C..

Furthermore, the day-years of Ezekiel 4:5-6 cannot be understood unless Jesus was 40 (not 33) at the crucifixion,

B

BeanieD

I know this must sound dumb or just plain silly, but what do the terms BC and AD really stand for. For many years I believed it meant Before Christ, and After Death.

R

RachelBibleStudent

I know this must sound dumb or just plain silly, but what do the terms BC and AD really stand for. For many years I believed it meant Before Christ, and After Death.
BC stands for 'before christ'
AD stands for 'anno domini'...which is latin for 'year of our lord'

on rare occasions you may see the term AM...which stands for 'anno mundi' or 'year of the world'...the AM system starts from creation...

B

BeanieD

Thank you Rachel. I didn't feel that the AD was right

May 18, 2010
I did a bit of research myself in the past concerning this, it didn't make perfect sense that bc wouldn't have a latin term, though ad did, which I came to understand that bc also known as acn in it's latin term form, ante christum natum meaning before christ was born.