Guidance and wisdom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mooky

Hi all,
For anyone inclined to pray - could you please pray for guidance and wisdom for me regarding if I should stay in my current church or not.I know I am there to serve - but I feel that I am lacking the sense of community that I have experienced in other churches and it bothers me alot.
I do not believe in church hopping as I know that a church is comprised of people in relationship with one another - so it's not something I take lightly.
Thanks so much.

S

shekaniah

Lord if it is Your will... move people to connect with Mooky.
If there is somewhere else she shoold be...transplant her there with Your loving hands.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Ask God for wisdom and insight:)
He will give it freely!

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

P

psychomom

asking our gracious Lord for all you need, Mooky. ♥

S

shekaniah

Lord if it is Your will... move people to connect with Mooky.
If there is somewhere else she shoold be...transplant her there with Your loving hands.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Ask God for wisdom and insight:)
He will give it freely!

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Shoold? should :)

Feb 11, 2012
Hi all,
For anyone inclined to pray - could you please pray for guidance and wisdom for me regarding if I should stay in my current church or not.I know I am there to serve - but I feel that I am lacking the sense of community that I have experienced in other churches and it bothers me alot.
I do not believe in church hopping as I know that a church is comprised of people in relationship with one another - so it's not something I take lightly.
Thanks so much.

Most churches are not preaching the truth, be well advised to stay out of them, get right with God first so you can see just how far off the mark the churches are today!

Hope this helps:

The Church
Ekklēsia is the Greek word used in the New Testament over 116 times, translated in our English Bibles as ‘Church’. The word has NOTHING to do with stone buildings or sacred places of worship. It is a compound word meaning: ‘Ek’: Out from….’Ekklisia’ the called out. Thus the ‘Called out’.

The Greek word most closely related to ‘Church’ is kuriakos, used in 1Cor11:20 & Rev1:10, translated: ‘the Lord’s’ as referring to the Lord ’s Supper and the Lord’s Day. Meaning in the Greek: belonging to the Lord, related to the Lord. This word became associated with places of ‘Christian’ worship around 300AD under Roman Emperor Constantine. Up to that time the true followers of Jesus Christ were meeting in private homes, often in secret at night. WHY? Because in the Roman Empire there could be no private religion! It was against the law and considered conspiratorial to hold secret or private meetings in homes. This is why the Pagans often brought moral charges against the Christians accusing them of incest, cannibalism and unnatural practices.
(meetings in homes: Rom16:5, 1Cor16:19, Col4:15, Phil1:2, Acts2:46)

For those of you in the religious system ignorant of past history, Constantine was the Roman Emperor who granted religious tolerance in the land that brought an end to the bitter persecutions against Christians. This eventually led to the uniting of church and state, bringing the ‘Christian’ religion into great cathedrals of Rome. (considered sacred by the pagans) From that time forward an ‘Official’ religious system existed under the guise of Christianity blending together the idols, pagan beliefs and rituals of Roman culture. Officially you were either a ‘Catholic Christian’ or a ‘heretic’….branded foolish madmen, who should suffer chastisement and divine condemnation.

Essentially this turned the tables against the real Saints of God labeling them dangerous dissenters and has done so every since. The System now had full authority to persecute and legally murder their religious opponents. Thus is your explanation for all the religious blood letting throughout history and for the present religious establishment that exists in our (relatively) free society today.

The ‘Churches’ as they exist in our towns, villages and cities, in which so-called Christians claim to worship the One True God are simply an off-shoot of what happened in ancient Rome when the Pure Doctrine of Jesus Christ was nullified by the teachings of men. This is why the ‘Church’ has absolutely no similarity to the ‘Ekklesia’ of the Bible and also has no desire whatsoever to resemble it. They have their SYSTEM in place that serves the purpose of gathering humanity under a unified pattern of religion where anything goes and people can choose the ‘form’ that suits them best.

The establishment can still maintain a fabricated authority over attendees insisting they must submit to church leadership and remain in fellowship lest they abandon the faith. This enforces the fantasy in the minds of church goers that those who flee the System are angry runagates and devils better off gone rather than stirring up trouble in their midst. In olden times the ‘Church’ exercised domination over the people by the pretense of piety, the place of worship (they controlled) was consecrated of the Lord and dare not be blasphemed or defied. They may not be hunting down dissidents or burning anyone at the stake in our time, but TRY going among them to challenge their false doctrines and expose the sin! You will find out very quickly that non-compliance will NOT be tolerated.

A denominational church will use its entire governing body to see that you’re silenced and cast out of doors if necessary. More independent organizations will muster the governing board against you and see that you’re brought to shame in the eyes of the people. How different is that from excommunication or being branded a heretic by the religious establishment? The illegitimate ‘Church’ System STILL holds great sway over the gullible (professed) Christian public who fear being numbered among the rebellious. God’s greatest Prophets (including John the Baptist) always stood aloof of the religious system and were greatly out-numbered by the dominant forces. Elijah had to stand alone against 450 false prophets of Baal who had already gone out and slain hundreds of the Lord’s faithful. (1Kings19:12-21)

It’s really no surprise that those of us who Preach the Lord’s true Doctrine cannot buy or sell inside the religious system. (Rev13:17) The use of these words; ‘Buy & Sell’ in Revelation 13 are metaphorical. To Buy means the ability to Participate in a market place….To Sell translates as ability to Barter in a place. Are God’s true Messengers of Repentance and Faith Proven by deeds permitted to ‘Participate’ in the designated places of worship? Can they ‘Barter’ (the act or practice of carrying on a trade) among the ‘church’ people? BY NO MEANS…..because they have NOT taken on the Mark (which is the lust of the eye, flesh & pride of life!) but have CAST it away in the Crucifixion of the passions and desires of the flesh. (Rom6:4-6,Gal5:24)

That’s what has separated the ‘Ekklesia’ from the church since the beginning. When Saul (later Paul) made havoc of the church entering into every house dragging off men and women committing them to prison (Acts8:3) Obviously he was finding this ‘Ekklesia’ in the houses. He did not have to seek them out in the local synagogues or other official places of worship approved by the religious system. And the SAME holds true today….you will NOT find the ‘Called out ones’ partaking at the table of demons in a place of idolatry. (1Cor10:21)

Christ used this important Word when He said in Matt16:18 that upon this Rock I will build My Church. (Ekklesia) That is He would build His assembly on those called out of Darkness and Bondage into Light and Freedom from sin! (Acts26:18)
The Saints are NOT called to buildings set apart as sacred run by a religious establishment of celery with some kind of special privileges to Lord over people.
WHO is Greatest in the Kingdom of our Lord?

And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your servant. Matt20:27

But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. Matt23:11
Even the Ransom (redemption of Christ) is associated with this kind of Servitude:
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”Matt20:28

Jesus Served on the ‘Called out ones’ behalf in order to Redeem them from darkness to light from the power of Satan to God. That’s why His ‘Church’ is the ‘Chosen generation, the Royal priesthood, a holy nation of His own special people that may proclaim praises to Him who called them out of darkness into His marvelous Light!’ 1Pet2:9. The Ekklesia is NOT the filthy ragged, desperately wicked, wretched, born depraved, chiefs of sinners sitting under the bondage of a religious system that rules over their minds and keeps them in ignorance. www.standingthegap.org

W

woodl

Moody, A lot of churches are bending the rules just so they can keep up with the croud. They're more consern about numbers then they are about the Spirit of the Lord. If you'll not getting feel with the Spirit you don't need to be there. It's just that simple, but you talk to the Lord about it and let him be your guide.

Proverbs 3; 5> Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
6> In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall dirrect your paths.

Lord I lift up to you Moody in the name of Jesus. Give her the wisdom that she needs to make the right decision.

S

SPUZIT

Here I go you've found a what some call a pet- peeve of mine...
Many are God's children, but just as the church resembles a tree, a tree also has many leaves. You just need to find which branch you need to grow on, doesn't. Make the present church completely wrong if you try to find another, be led by God & find where which branch he needs you on. Trees are known by their fruits, if your not growing in fruitfulness, you might be in the wrong place or simply misunderstanding. God would not call you church hopping if he is the one moving you. You'll be fine fallow your heart, after all God placed Jesus in your heart ,I'm sure he can place a church there as well. God guide you.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for all you ask in Jesus's name with praise and thanksgiving.

God bless
pickles

S

simplyme_bekah

prayed for you sweetie.

M

Mooky

Many thanks for everyone's prayers.Will keep you all posted!

T

TexasHallelujahGal

google Ron Phillips ~~~~~there actually a spirit that creates church hoppers ....By the authority and in the name of Jesus christ we bind the spirit leviathan that our sister may once again have her sense of community and peace and love and joy praise you jesus thank you jesus amen