Halloween: A Covenant with DEATH and HELL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tdrew777

"One man observes the day and another man does not" - as long as it's not against the Lord or one can celebrate not only Halloween but also the birthdays of Buddha, Queen of Heaven, Sun god etc.
The problem lies with let each man be fully convinced taken out of context. At the end of the day, convenience and habit trump.
There's no such thing as Christianized.
An obelisk is still an obelisk even when a cross is put on top of it.
Jupiter does not become St Peter and Queen of heaven and Tammuz do not become Mary and Jesus when they are put inside a church.
Does Christmas become a Christian holiday when we add the birth of Christ? Or Easter, when it becomes resurrection Sunday? The pagan elements have been lost and replaced by Christian elements. This has NOT HAPPENED with Halloween - we agree on that! But 25 Dec has NOTHING to do with the birth of Christ. And the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring equinox has nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ. Both were pagan holidays that were "CHristianized". Our family celebrates both Easter and Christmas. We do not celebrate Halloween.

Aug 15, 2009
Halloween is a day for children to get candy. To make more of it is nothing more than antichristian paranoia.
Anyone, who is afraid of this day, should no longer call themselves Christian. Jesus Christ doesn't want wusses as His followers. He wants people who will let their light of confidence shine. He doesn't want paranoid cowards who hide their light under a basket.
Yeah, you were ignored. :p:rolleyes::p

T

tdrew777

Been doing this for years. I put a kid-appropriate Chick-Tract and three small candy bars in a zip-lock bag and give them out to the trick-or-treaters. I like to put in stuff like Reese's and Kit-Kats in there so the kids know they got something good. Plus kids love Chick-Tracts. On the back of every one is an empty space where you can write or stamp information. After a couple of years I got tired of hand-printing my name and phone number on them, so I had a rubber stamp made. Never had a parent, angry or otherwise, call me.
That is the spirit. Now, instead of junk, how about packages of yogurt or dried fruit? Replace the demonic stuff with Christian stuff.

Aug 9, 2013
Well my friend I do not celebrate either, but enjoy Reformation Day instead!

C

chubbena

Does Christmas become a Christian holiday when we add the birth of Christ? Or Easter, when it becomes resurrection Sunday? The pagan elements have been lost and replaced by Christian elements. This has NOT HAPPENED with Halloween - we agree on that! But 25 Dec has NOTHING to do with the birth of Christ. And the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring equinox has nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ. Both were pagan holidays that were "CHristianized". Our family celebrates both Easter and Christmas. We do not celebrate Halloween.
Halloween is a christianized feast according to Wikipedia i.e. according to many scholars but it doesn't make it a legitimate Christian feast day. Likewise with Christmas and Easter.
The celebration of Christmas was outlawed in Boston not too long ago by the Puritans. Why?
Where is the name Christ-mas from and why don't Christians, who choose to celebrate the day as the birthday of Christ, call it Christ-birthday? Instead, they keep calling it Christmas. Why?
Where is the name Easter from and why don't Christians, who choose to celebrate the day as the resurrection of Christ, call it Christ-resurrection? Instead, they keep calling it Ishtar. Why?
What do you think if instead of calling your birthday tdrew777's birthday, they call it tdrew777's assassination?

C

chubbena

That is the spirit. Now, instead of junk, how about packages of yogurt or dried fruit? Replace the demonic stuff with Christian stuff.
Not picking on you personally but on the matter of packaging.
Packaging things with Christian stuff don't make them holy. A whore dressed in Christian tracts instead of sexy lingerie is still a whore. You think the Johns will be interested in the tracts when they are coming for sex relief?
Likewise you think the children will be interested in the tracts when their mindset are in for the candies?

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Not picking on you personally but on the matter of packaging.
Packaging things with Christian stuff don't make them holy. A whore dressed in Christian tracts instead of sexy lingerie is still a whore. You think the Johns will be interested in the tracts when they are coming for sex relief?
Likewise you think the children will be interested in the tracts when their mindset are in for the candies?
It's hardly honest to compare it with prostitution.
Whores and whoremongers are criminals.
Kids aren't "Johns". They're asking for free stuff.
They are eager to learn new information.
I've been giving out Chick-Tracts since the 90s. Kids love them.
And what if a child or parent got saved as a result of that effort?
It could happen.

C

chubbena

It's hardly honest to compare it with prostitution.
Whores and whoremongers are criminals.
Kids aren't "Johns". They're asking for free stuff.
They are eager to learn new information.
I've been giving out Chick-Tracts since the 90s. Kids love them.
And what if a child or parent got saved as a result of that effort?
It could happen.
The Word compares sinning with prostitution especially when it comes to idol worshipping.
Kids will buy if they have the money.
Johns like freebies too.
Kids love them because they are sugar coated. Does the gospel taste so bad? Ever tried tracts without candies?
What if? If not the Father draws, no one could come to Christ.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Ever tried tracts without candies?
Nearly every day of my life since around 1997.
I always have them on me.
I leave waitresses a nice fat tip with them, too.
Is this also whoredom?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Oh dear.... another thread talking of how evil Halloween is. everyone sure seems to be really into talking about how evil holidays are huh? I honestly see no harm in Kids dressing up in costumes and going door to door for free candy, but I also figure if it is an evil holiday God will make it known to me.

C

chubbena

Nearly every day of my life since around 1997.
I always have them on me.
I leave waitresses a nice fat tip with them, too.
Is this also whoredom?
No it's not but why would you use that as an argument? On the other hand, there are tracts and there are tracts.

Sep 26, 2013
with all these pagan roots to holidays and pagan names to our days and months of the year I really cant wait to get to heaven, ChosenbyHim thankyou for the read, blessings, Julia

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
with all these pagan roots to holidays and pagan names to our days and months of the year I really cant wait to get to heaven, ChosenbyHim thankyou for the read, blessings, Julia

Hi there Julia, absolutely. You are welcome ma'am. And thank you for taking time to read the article. And yes Heaven is going to be so great and wonderful! God bless you too Julia :)

C

chubbena

Sorry right direction wrong destination. We aim to go to the new Jerusalem in the new heaven and new earth. Sorry have to correct you for I love you.