Happyness?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Peter321

How do you pursue happyness?

I think it's a pretty hard thing to achieve isn't it ?
School isn't my favorite thing to do, neither is work, whenever i'm off it seems to rain always =D
Reckon most of you will reply with some post about how to find God, and then you'll be happy or something, but that just seems so distant to me for some reason..

Give me your insights people! :)

S

simplyme_bekah

Happiness starts in your mind which then follows in everything that you see from that point on. No one can make or take your happiness because that is only a choice you can make. You are in control of your happiness.

error

Oct 23, 2009
If you focus only on bad things-you will never be happy :)
You should learn how to be thankful and happy even for little thngs like food and all that (even i don't think those are ''little'' things).
Today i opened my fridge-and i thought to myself-i can eat whatever i want. And i should deff thank God for that.

Maybe just watch this movie The Pursuit of Happyness Trailer - YouTube

P

Peter321

If you focus only on bad things-you will never be happy :)
You should learn how to be thankful and happy even for little thngs like food and all that (even i don't think those are ''little'' things).
Today i opened my fridge-and i thought to myself-i can eat whatever i want. And i should deff thank God for that.

Maybe just watch this movie The Pursuit of Happyness Trailer - YouTube
I have watched that and that is why i was thinking about this all in my personal life.
Surely having food and having a home etc are things we should be thankful for, but on the otherside, i have never known a time where i could not eat, or couldn't have slept in a safe home, so it's hard for me to think of the fact that there are actually people that don't have this for granted, It's all so natural to me.

I should probably visit some kind of institution where they help people in the poor parts of earth, would probably make me realise some.

J

Jullianna

Seems like we are happiest once we learn what is important and what isn't. That can take time. :) Then strive to protect/earn the things that matter, dump the rest and seize the most amazing/precious of moments. They may not come around again. Take risks, but never foolish ones. They are worth it.

At 19, enjoying every moment, seeing and learning as much as possible is a great start, especially regarding the things of God. :) Enjoy yourself!

S

simplyme_bekah

sounds like God is tugging on you to go in that direction. You will bless many lives and become blessed in return. One of the most amazing feelings in this world is giving to someone in need. In return it feels like you just opened the best gift you have ever gotten in your life because it feels like it is a gift to ones soul.

X

xino

you get happiness if you think of God and what he has done.

people don't think of God, therefore they are not happy and want to commit suicide or are unhappy with their life.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
I define happiness as "Being where God wants me to be, doing what He wants me to do"

Of course, having Jesus as you Best Friend and Savior and asking to be filled with The Holy Spirit is the means to accomplish this, which you probably already know (sorry if I sound condescending, I don't mean to :eek:). I have found that there is an extraordinary peace in seeking God's answer for a particular situation, and following through with what you feel He is leading you to do.

Beyond that, we are all called to share Christ's love and Truth with the lost world we live in, to be shining lights of His awesomeness, living testimonies of the power of God working in a person's life.......vessels for The Master's use......... It's an awesome feeling to be used by Him! :)

R

rauleetoe

How do you pursue happyness?

I think it's a pretty hard thing to achieve isn't it ?
School isn't my favorite thing to do, neither is work, whenever i'm off it seems to rain always =D
Reckon most of you will reply with some post about how to find God, and then you'll be happy or something, but that just seems so distant to me for some reason..

Give me your insights people! :)
Happiness to me is a state of contentment..where you are at..and yes, its going to sound a tad spiritual now..wherever God has you specifically for this season..it may be because he is preparing you for something..or trying to teach you something..or maybe it simply is not time to attain whatever it is you seek that you think will ultimately make you happy. Happiness to me is learning about God, growing in his Grace..and hopefully learning to be more like Jesus, and learning to love others..which is a process but it starts with a small choice here and there aka acting out in obedience out of the overflow of what God has already done for you..

Spartacus1122

Banned [Reason: insulting CC admin in previous pos
Jun 9, 2012
Charlie Brown said it best:

M

mantle

hi, how are u doing

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Happiness is fleeting. Though I enjoyed everyone's answers, you'll notice that happiness isn't mentioned very often in the bible. Actually, a Biblegateway search will show you that in the NIV it only appears 21 times.

However, what DOES appear a lot in the Bible is Joy.

Joy and happiness are not the same thing...though today's secular culture often uses them interchangeably.

Noah Webster originally defined 'Joy' as:
1. The passion or emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good; that excitement of pleasurable feelings which is caused by success, good fortune,the gratification of desire or some good possessed, or by a rational prospect of possessing what we love or desire; gladness; exultation; exhilaration of spirits.
Joy is a delight of the mind, from the consideration of the present or assured approaching possession of a good.

The thing is...happiness is just a feeling we have at times, but Joy is an inner calm and contentment with whatever life has to offer.

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:11-13

Joy is not fleeting, but an internal attitude based in and from Christ.

10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. -John 15:10-12

I'm not trying to give you a cliche, or the distant feeling you mentioned by this answer.

What I am saying, as the writer of Ecclesiastes did, is that all meaning, purpose, hope, joy, ext...are found in God alone, and apart from Him, nothing matters. Seriously.

He is not only the Creator of all things, but the Sustainer of them too. The only way I have ever been able to overcome anything is with and through Christ.

Last edited: