HARD TIMES

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shirley

WHEN LIFE GETS YOU DOWN DO YOU GIVE UP OR TURN TO GOD AND WAIT ON HIM?HE NEVER PROMISED US EASY TIMES I GIVE UP SOMETIMES YES BUT GOD SHOWS ME THERES A LIGHT AT THE END OF A DARK TUNNEL AMEN

J

jkalyna

:) HEYA SHIRLEY, I JUST POSTED SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT YOU HAD WRITTEN, IN MY INSPIRATIONS THREAD. BE STRONGE AND COURAGEOUS, HOW EVER U SPELL IT :) LOL PSALM 94 IS SUCH A BLESSING TO ME, I HOPE IT WILL BE TO YOU TOO. I READ IT IN THE LIVING BIBLE. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

J

jkalyna

:) HERE IS A WONDERFUL PORTION OF THE 119 PSALM. VERSE 25. I AM COMPLETELY DISCOURAGED, I LIE IN THE DUST. REVIVE ME BY YOUR WORD. VERSE :28 IWEEP WITH GRIEF, MY HEART IS HEAVY WITH SORROW, ENCOURAGE AND CHEER ME WITH YOUR WORDS. Living Bible. PSALM 121: 6 HE KEEPS HIS EYE UPON YOU AS YOU COME AND GO, AND ALWAYS GUARDS YOU. :)

Feb 11, 2012
Heb 12:1 Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2 looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3 For consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4 You have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Today most consider hard times as being rejected for sharing the truth, or left out of family functions, or even laughed at for their stance for Christ and the truth!

But the word is clear, for those following the narrow path, that we must lay aside every weight and sin, that will keep us in bondage, we must die with Christ in repentance, 2 Cor 7-10-11, which results in the crucified life as explained in Gal 5-24.

Jesus said His disciples must count the cost, and many are not willing to do that as the early saints did, and many lost their life and freedom for their faith, many were tortured, and lived a life of poverty and simplicity, but the church today resembles more of a three ringed circus, bowing down to the beast, as they conform to the fleshly desires of their members, anything goes, from their rock and roll laser shows, to their carnival cruises, fancy parties, plus many sports teams and attractions!

Hard times to them is waking up a few hours early on Sunday morning to come to church, put on their fake smiles, and get the show over with, so they can get on with their life.

I don't mean to sound critical or harsh, I have been there, as described above, living the lie, thinking all was well, when it wasn't! Taking the grace of God for granted or in vain, because the church leaders told me this was real Christianity, the hard times are over, Jesus did it all for me, and as long as you just believed, you are on your way to heaven!

What a lie from the pit!

Today hard times can mean isolation, and not being able to buy or sell the truth in the church system,, they hate the hard sayings of Christ, and avoid them like the plague, screaming you are preaching works, and no one has to do anything to keep his or her calling sure, since the hirelings are telling me, Jesus did it all, He overcame for us all, and finished the race for us!

This sounds good if you twist a few scriptures to fit into your lukewarm existence, and claim you are just a saved sinner, and the grace of God covers you as you sin and live as the world, and boast you are saved forever!

But, as I have posted on over 400 posts, its clear, the scriptures scream of obedience, and enduring to the end, and any hardships we face in this life will be pale in comparison to the saints of old, who were routinely thrown into the arena to be mauled by wild animals, or made into human tiki torches!

All this for standing for the truth, and waking a life worthy of their calling, a far cry from what Christianity has become today.

Everyone in the system lives as though they are in heaven now, as they sing and clap to the beat of the drums, and enjoy their double minded existence, with one foot in the world, and the other in the church. While the world around them is dying and in great bondage to sin along with most of them!

We are commanded to be overcomes, to run the race with endurance, to be holy and pure, to depart from iniquity, to cast out the evil eye, to go and sin no more, to endure to the end or perish with the rest, to resist to blood shed against sin if need be, and all this comes from following Jesus and His example, as we walk in His strength and provision, even to death, as I assure when you come at them with the truth they will want your head on a platter, or worse,as this is what John the Baptist got, when he called sinners to repent!

Hard times will come and go, but those who endure through it, will receive eternal life! so work out your salvation daily with fear and trembling, Jesus didn't work it out for you, but has gives those who have crucified their flesh with Him, all the tools necessary to be overcomes, and walk the walk, in a world, dying in their sins and disobedience because someone told them the road is broad, many will be saved, just say a prayer, and you are in the kingdom, behavior doesn't matter, try to stop sinning, God wants us fat, filled, and happy in this world, to enjoy it all, while those around you are dying and going to hell,because they love not the truth, and will not count the cost and brief suffering those who name the name of Christ will go through, as they suffer in His death with Him!

Last edited:
O

OFM

nice intensense spiritual christian sharing amen.

Dec 19, 2009
WHEN LIFE GETS YOU DOWN DO YOU GIVE UP OR TURN TO GOD AND WAIT ON HIM?HE NEVER PROMISED US EASY TIMES I GIVE UP SOMETIMES YES BUT GOD SHOWS ME THERES A LIGHT AT THE END OF A DARK TUNNEL AMEN
Too often I have given up.

O

OFM

remember the soft times as well