Has anyone here....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AussieBritLu

Just wondering if any of you have ever self harmed?

Do you still self harm? Have stopped self harming? Just tried it?

What made you begin? What made you/helped you stop?

I'm just curious. If u'd rather not say publicly, then you can send me a message :)

God Bless

Lulu

A

Abing

i wasnt a christian before.. and i tried suicide.. thank GOD it didnt work and HE saved me. :)

S

safireblood

I noticed a lot of views, but one reply...
tough subject? or just not of intrest? dunno.
don't care.

In my teens years self-harm was my specialty.
I loved making physical pain, it was my way of dealing

with and showing mental and spiritual pain.
for nine years i dealt with trich,
i always bit my nails and lip,
scratched open everything to bleeding,
i was always pulling off insane stunts 'cause i was suicidal,
in my later teens i started cutting my arms and face
i gave myself numerous piercings (18ithink) by just jabbin' them in,
probably some more stuff i don't remeber...

oh yea, i was always mistaken for a male.

anyways, i struggled with all this at a crazy rate, until i met my best friend
who saw past my "tough boy act" and began to show me i was somebody,
that what other people thought didn't matter. he constantly reminded me
being in God's will was all that really mattered, and that God Don't make Trash
(which i thought i was). as this slowly sunk in, i pretty much made a 360 life
turn around. (i admit i'm not finished though).

To get out of my mess of "self-harm" I had to realize and accept
my true worth to God , and surprisingly, other humans in my life.
(I hadn't realized what i did hurt them)

i don't know if there's anyone else out there like me,
but i'm glad i've been through all that, so hopefully i can help someone else.

God Bless and Save
-been there;)

A

AussieBritLu

Yes safireblood.

Praise God for your friend!

R

rjb1116

yeah. i have been there. i cut for about a year and a half. i didn't know how to handle things that went on at home, and that was my way of coping with the stress. thank god i am free of cutting, and have been free of it for 8 months, since i got saved back in september. So I have stopped. One thing that made me start was the stress at home. My mom has bipolar, and has attempted to commit suicide many times, the first time this occurred was the first time i started cutting, and my dad is an alcocholic, which has made the entire situation worse. I stopped the day before I got saved. I hadn't planned on stopping, but when I got saved, I didn't have the urge to cut anymore..I still occassionallly struggle with the temptation to cut now, but its not often at all...it used to be almost everyday..One thing that has helped me since i stopped, is if i am tempted, pray and ask for Gods strength, and to get my mind off of it..whether it be going on a walk, or getting together, and talking with a friend that i trust, that knows that i used to cut...well if you have any questions for me, jsut let me know :)

I

ifihadwingz

yeh iv been self harming for almost 5 years. i started because i wanted attention. now its a serious addiction that has landed me with 14 stitches in total. its horrible yet so addictive.
i unfortunatly cant yet say that i have stopped. BUT i CAN say that after a lots of suicide attempts, i am still alive. and I thank God that he still loves me, and has a plan for me.

if anyone wants help, im going to this place next month *is scared* lol www.mercyministries.org x

A

AussieBritLu

Thanks for sharing everyone. I do appreciate your honesty.
It's not an easy topic, but I think that we need to start talking about it more.
There was a program on tv recently about self harm and about how 1 in 3 girls self harm and 1 in 5 people self harm. It's an alarming statistic and that is just in the UK.
I think if people understand why people started to self harm or do self harm, the better they can understand and listen and not judge.

Thanks again everyone.
You are all beautiful in God's eyes and if any of you would like to talk more, please feel free to message me. Or if you have MSN or something, let me know if u want to add me and I will give it to u via private message.

M

Myberson9

well i always thought of suicide before i was saved. i loved football too much and i didn't want to die a virgin, so i kept my live, now i'm saved and love God too much

K

Kite

I've actually never cut myself (I knew my parents would find out and ask me why), but I've scratched my skin to the point of scarring. Started near the middle of 9th grade; just depression, a lot of the times for attention and stuff, but I haven't done anything since last month. And I stopped because I stopped getting involved in some pretty bad stuff...I dunno, I have this twisted thinking that I deserved the pain I was getting because of the stuff I did. I think it was my pastor who was saying that God doesn't want us to hurt ourselves because of our sin, because He has forgiven us unconditionally.

xBLINDSIDEx

Jan 29, 2006
I noticed a lot of views, but one reply...
tough subject? or just not of intrest? dunno.
don't care.

In my teens years self-harm was my specialty.
I loved making physical pain, it was my way of dealing
with and showing mental and spiritual pain.
for nine years i dealt with trich,
i always bit my nails and lip,
scratched open everything to bleeding,
i was always pulling off insane stunts 'cause i was suicidal,
in my later teens i started cutting my arms and face
i gave myself numerous piercings (18ithink) by just jabbin' them in,
probably some more stuff i don't remeber...
oh yea, i was always mistaken for a male.

anyways, i struggled with all this at a crazy rate, until i met my best friend
who saw past my "tough boy act" and began to show me i was somebody,
that what other people thought didn't matter. he constantly reminded me
being in God's will was all that really mattered, and that God Don't make Trash
(which i thought i was). as this slowly sunk in, i pretty much made a 360 life
turn around. (i admit i'm not finished though).

To get out of my mess of "self-harm" I had to realize and accept
my true worth to God , and surprisingly, other humans in my life.
(I hadn't realized what i did hurt them)

i don't know if there's anyone else out there like me,
but i'm glad i've been through all that, so hopefully i can help someone else.

God Bless and Save
-been there;)

I definatelt did the same thing... play piercing was my thing too... i cant even count how many times I pierced myself... I cut for a period of time, but I still deal with the strange urge to pierce myself when I'm upset though I've only done it twice since I was 16, its still a constant battle.
I went through a 5 and a hyalf month discipleship training school and they told us "you can only be as passionate about christ as you realise he is about you" which is totally true... you can't be passionate about his creations (including yourself) until you know his heart for you.
In that period of time God spoke TONS to me about being a masterpiece...( being an artist it kind of hit home).
Thats the breif introduction to my struggle with self harm.
Message me if you'd like to know more.