Has God Forsaken me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Esther23

Oct 13, 2023
I've recently experienced a painful marital separation, which has brought about a myriad of challenges for both myself and my three-year-old twin children. This already daunting situation has been exacerbated by the loss of my job during the process, leaving me financially strained and living in a perpetual state of indebtedness.

My life feels like it's been plunged into shambles and confusion. The burdens I bear have taken a heavy toll on my well-being. What's more, my children's father has ceased to provide any form of support, compounding the emotional and financial stress I'm grappling with. I've also been experiencing severe physical distress, with unexplained pains in my ovaries and a cessation of my menstrual cycle, but my financial situation has hindered me from seeking medical attention.

At the age of 29, I find myself facing an overwhelming array of obstacles. Despite my relentless efforts to secure employment, I've been met with disappointment at every turn. The weight of depression and hurt has been almost too much to bear, and it has driven me to the point of wanting to withdraw from the world entirely. Regrettably, my family has not been a source of support during this tumultuous period, and their actions have contributed to the difficulties I now face.

My sleepless nights, lack of appetite, and incessant tears are indicative of the profound despair that engulfs me. I am lost, confused, and unable to discern a path forward.

I've attempted to find work, even exploring online opportunities, but my endeavors have yielded no results. A whole lot of thoughts come to my mind like suicidal thoughts but one question I want to ask.

Do you think God has forsaken me?
I pray and cry but things seem to get worse.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
my children's father has ceased to provide any form of support
Your estranged husband is legally required to provide you and your children with financial support.

Welcome!
:)

Esther23

Oct 13, 2023
Your estranged husband is legally required to provide you and your children with financial support.

Welcome!
:)
Yes, you are right but he has refused to, I've tried to seek legal advise and I was told in this region I have to file a petition against him 2 years after separation before any laws can be enforced.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes, you are right but he has refused to, I've tried to seek legal advise and I was told in this region
I have to file a petition against him 2 years after separation before any laws can be enforced.
Two years! My goodness, that is a long time .:censored::cry:

Anni

Sep 27, 2023
Hi Esther & welcome to Christian Chat.
It's difficult to trust God during tough times, but He never abandons us even though it seems like it.
Prayer is always the first thing to do, then seek practical help.
I found this on the internet, it may help you on the path to seeking advice & support.

https://nigeria.action4justice.org/...hild-custody-and-property-rights-in-marriage/

Keep posting here, you'll find support in prayer, lots of encouragement & fellowship that'll help.
It's an awful situation to be in, but not insurmountable.
God bless you & your family.

Oct 6, 2022
I've recently experienced a painful marital separation, which has brought about a myriad of challenges for both myself and my three-year-old twin children. This already daunting situation has been exacerbated by the loss of my job during the process, leaving me financially strained and living in a perpetual state of indebtedness.

My life feels like it's been plunged into shambles and confusion. The burdens I bear have taken a heavy toll on my well-being. What's more, my children's father has ceased to provide any form of support, compounding the emotional and financial stress I'm grappling with. I've also been experiencing severe physical distress, with unexplained pains in my ovaries and a cessation of my menstrual cycle, but my financial situation has hindered me from seeking medical attention.

At the age of 29, I find myself facing an overwhelming array of obstacles. Despite my relentless efforts to secure employment, I've been met with disappointment at every turn. The weight of depression and hurt has been almost too much to bear, and it has driven me to the point of wanting to withdraw from the world entirely. Regrettably, my family has not been a source of support during this tumultuous period, and their actions have contributed to the difficulties I now face.

My sleepless nights, lack of appetite, and incessant tears are indicative of the profound despair that engulfs me. I am lost, confused, and unable to discern a path forward.

I've attempted to find work, even exploring online opportunities, but my endeavors have yielded no results. A whole lot of thoughts come to my mind like suicidal thoughts but one question I want to ask.

Sometimes I think God is rooting for us, against the accusations of the devil
as He was with Job

I'd say keep going and pray for wisdom, and walk according to the truth
we need to repent, get baptized after that, receive the Holy Spirit, and walk according to the Spirit. Jesus Christ is coming back to judge the world.

Acts 26:20First to those in Damascus and Jerusalem, then to everyone in the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I declared that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds worthy of their repentance.

Romans 6:3Or aren’t you aware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done.

craigslist requires discernment and can lead to fraud, but I am often intrigued by what you can find for free there including food
perhaps you live in a generous area and may benefit from checking that out, especially if you have a car

some restaurants, I imagine especially buffets, will donate food that they would otherwise throw away if you ask
same with some farms, especially big farms

food banks are probably an option for you as well

and do not sleep on fruit trees, of which a lot of food goes to waste, just watch out for pests and disease

Water can be attained at some parks, certain restaurants, and even from public bathrooms but count the costs of that

Esther23

Oct 13, 2023
Sometimes I think God is rooting for us, against the accusations of the devil
as He was with Job

I'd say keep going and pray for wisdom, and walk according to the truth
we need to repent, get baptized after that, receive the Holy Spirit, and walk according to the Spirit. Jesus Christ is coming back to judge the world.

Acts 26:20First to those in Damascus and Jerusalem, then to everyone in the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I declared that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds worthy of their repentance.

Romans 6:3Or aren’t you aware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done.

craigslist requires discernment and can lead to fraud, but I am often intrigued by what you can find for free there including food
perhaps you live in a generous area and may benefit from checking that out, especially if you have a car

some restaurants, I imagine especially buffets, will donate food that they would otherwise throw away if you ask
same with some farms, especially big farms

food banks are probably an option for you as well

and do not sleep on fruit trees, of which a lot of food goes to waste, just watch out for pests and disease

Water can be attained at some parks, certain restaurants, and even from public bathrooms but count the costs of that
Thank you so much

Esther23

Oct 13, 2023
It's difficult to trust God during tough times, but He never abandons us even though it seems like it.
I found this on the internet, it may help you on the path to seeking advice & support.

https://nigeria.action4justice.org/...hild-custody-and-property-rights-in-marriage/

Keep posting here, you'll find support in prayer, lots of encouragement & fellowship that'll help.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I'll look at the link

Oct 6, 2022
no problem :)

God bless you

Matthew 6:31Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the Gentiles strive after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

Psalm 37:25I once was young and now am old,

yet never have I seen the righteous abandoned

or their children begging for bread.

selahsays

May 31, 2023

Friend, God has not forsaken you.
IMG_6315.jpeg
IMG_5699.gif

L

Locoponydirtman

Did your husband just abandon you?
God has not forsaken you. Imagine the trials of Job. It wasnt because God had forsaken him, and niether is the case for you.
I hope you have a good strong supportive church and pastor. You need pastoral care.

Billyd

May 8, 2014

God has not forsaken you. He has blessed you with two wonderful children and everything that you need to raise them. I know it's difficult, but it's time to mend some relationships.

Start with God. Rededicate your life and your family to Him. Find a church that has a singles with children ministry. Plug into that ministry.

Put your relationship with your husband in the hands of God. Pray for His guidance in reconciliation. Pray that God will intervene in your husbands heart, and burden him to support his children.

Move on to your extended family. What can you do to mend your relationship with it?

While you are looking for full time work take on day jobs. From my own experience, house keepers are hard to find. We pay ours $25/hr to clean our house and do our laundry once a week.

Finally, most states have financial assistance for mothers that have children. You paid taxes while you were working. Don't feel bad when you use this benefit.

Don't let Satan drag you down. Keep a positive attitude.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
sweetheart, God has loved you with an everlasting love. don't despair; cling to the Lord Jesus. He will never fail you.

you are in my prayers. ♥

Mar 25, 2020
There's nothing impossible for God. To answer your question, God has not abandoned you. Especially when we are connected with Jesus through prayer.

You're just going through a hard time is all. It isn't the end of the world. Don't worry about the money. Money will come from somewhere.

Keep your faith in God.

As for your health, take care of yourself. The children are important. But, you are just as important too.

Of course you know all this.

6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Deuteronomy Chapter 31:6

You see your separated life partner is not completely off the hook. God will get him to eventually do what he needs to do for his children. Just don't give up on yourself.

There are temporary jobs you can take for the time being if your health allows it. Those jobs may not be the best but they will help you get through some of your money troubles.

Example: food delivery, sales rep, Receptionist, etc etc. If you looked hard enough, you'll get some job or the other.

But even if all this doesn't happen, be confident in Jesus. Don't give up. For God has not given up on you. God will never give up on you. You don't give up on Jesus and don't give up on yourself and your kids.

God bless you always.

Esther23

Oct 13, 2023
God has not forsaken you. He has blessed you with two wonderful children and everything that you need to raise them. I know it's difficult, but it's time to mend some relationships.

Start with God. Rededicate your life and your family to Him. Find a church that has a singles with children ministry. Plug into that ministry.

Put your relationship with your husband in the hands of God. Pray for His guidance in reconciliation. Pray that God will intervene in your husbands heart, and burden him to support his children.

Move on to your extended family. What can you do to mend your relationship with it?

While you are looking for full time work take on day jobs. From my own experience, house keepers are hard to find. We pay ours $25/hr to clean our house and do our laundry once a week.

Finally, most states have financial assistance for mothers that have children. You paid taxes while you were working. Don't feel bad when you use this benefit.

Unfortunately these opportunities do not exist in my region. It's almost impossible to find hourly jobs in Nigeria and almost no room for assistance. I keep hoping not to be overwhelmed.
I recently put up a crowdfunding campaign though it has yielded nothing.
With you encouraging responses, I've been able to pull through one day at a time but I still have fear in me due to my rising debt.
I'd get into an interview tomorrow for a personal assistant position, do pray for my success. I would also highly appreciate any financial support regardless of how little.
I've never done this before though.

Please wish me well

Unfortunately these opportunities do not exist in my region. It's almost impossible to find hourly jobs in Nigeria and almost no room for assistance. I keep hoping not to be overwhelmed.
I recently put up a crowdfunding campaign though it has yielded nothing.
With your encouraging responses, I've been able to pull through one day at a time but I still have fear in me due to my rising debts.

I got invited to an interview scheduled for tomorrow for a personal assistant position, do pray for my success. I would also highly appreciate any financial support regardless of how little.
I've never done this before though.

Please wish me well