Has this ever happened to U?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
for the past two days I have been thinking of reading my bible but didn't know where to read, also for the past two days a name has kept popping in my mind. Now i have never read about this name and have no knowledge about if this was an actually person in the bible or not. So today i finally decide to look in my bible and see if the name was there, and to my surprise it was! Ezekiel:page 856, Now whygod wants me to read this book i have no idea but For some reason he put that name in my head so i would seek it out in the bible and read it. This to my knowledge has never happened to me before but it's pretty cool, can anyone tell me what this book is about and why god wants me to read it?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
for the past two days I have been thinking of reading my bible but didn't know where to read, also for the past two days a name has kept popping in my mind. Now i have never read about this name and have no knowledge about if this was an actually person in the bible or not. So today i finally decide to look in my bible and see if the name was there, and to my surprise it was! Ezekiel:page 856, Now whygod wants me to read this book i have no idea but For some reason he put that name in my head so i would seek it out in the bible and read it. This to my knowledge has never happened to me before but it's pretty cool, can anyone tell me what this book is about and why god wants me to read it?
that face is not supposed to be there, it's supposed to say ezekiel page 856

K

kenisyes

Ezekiel is the prophecy of restoration of the strength of the children of God. Ezekiel's name means "God will strengthen", and it was written as a book of hope for the return of righteousness before the nations, for His people Israel. It is also one of the most difficult books to interpret, since most of the symbolism has been lost to the ages. The Jews only shared the first chapter one-on-one, never among a congregation, because they believed, if understood correctly, it will empower you as a soldier for Christ in ways the Body does not understand in general, and would be misunderstood by most. Some of the Jews actually wanted to keep it out of the OT, since it was so hard to understand.

I will put here the one remaining clue to understanding the vision of the merkabah. This is from Maimonides: The four wings are attached. This and seven years of prayer was all God needed to show it to me.

I'll see you later in the chat group. Assuming this is from Him, I will be praying about what to share.

W

webchatter

Chptrs 38 & 39 foretell the last event before the tribulation, which we call, "the war of Ezekial".
He was a prophet & priest who spent the last of his years in Babylon.
There are many prophecies in the NT such as REv. etc that confirm Ezekial's prophecies.
The entire book shows to me how much this prophet was concerned about people, nations, etc. A caring individual with such powerful prophecies would be somewhat a troubling burden to those who loved humanity as he did. But he did it because God selected him.

J

Jordache

Yes, The Lord does speak that way. Way to go for hearing voice of God. I would recommend looking up some study tools from a reputable source. Bluletterbible.com is a pretty safe source. God can teach you directly but there's a reason we have so much knowledge. Ezekiel is great but prophetic books can be very difficult to understand.

W

webchatter

Blain as to answer the question why does God wants you to do this: no man can answer that. Only God will let you know WHY He wants you to do this. period.
question 2,yes something like this has happened to me before as in: something that was absolutly 100% correct. The Bible says we are to test these things to see if they are of God. If it is not 100 % correct, it is not of God, so dismiss it entirely.
From my experience, this will probably not be the last time this happens to you. YOU MAY STILL NOT KNOW WHY GOD IS DIRECTING YOU TO THESE PLACES AFTER THE 3RD OR 4TH TIME IT HAPPENS. Let no man tell you why either.
Word of caution, & I mean no offense to anyone, but there are people today who call themselves prophets & prophetteses. I have seen none on tv that seem legitimate to me.( it's a paid career). Although I have never been a member of a charismatic church , I do know 2 people who claim to have these gifts. Both have been kicked out of charasmatic churches & are not really very nice people. whether they are on tv or in person, all I have known or seen are boasters.
This has been my experience. But I believe God does have prophets today, they are doing God's work as these Biblical prophets did, not out of pride or greed. In fact I know a Christian who has foretelling dreams that are always 100 % correct. He doesn't even know what a prophet is, & has no desire to gain fame or praise form his gift & doesn't even realize he has been gifted. Yet he knows it is of God. I'm trying to say politely not to get involved with charismatic prophets in such type churches, because you may get led astray from listening to God by their constant instruction on how to do it.
However, I do suggest you find someone more knowlegable than me in these matters, who is a humble Christian.
Notice how the biblical prophets acted. thay are the example. Not today's prophets.
Maybe what God wants you to do has nothing to do with prophecy, if so, be grateful. Can u imagine having these visions? How could you sleep at night?
God bless.

K

kenisyes

But how can it possibly be wrong to start reading Ezekiel, or for that matter any part of the Bible? The only error could be if Blain thinks he knows the voice of God, when it is some other voice. But that would only be a problem if he didn't keep checking what he thought he heard with the Word and with other believers. And that's what he's doing.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain as to answer the question why does God wants you to do this: no man can answer that. Only God will let you know WHY He wants you to do this. period.
question 2,yes something like this has happened to me before as in: something that was absolutly 100% correct. The Bible says we are to test these things to see if they are of God. If it is not 100 % correct, it is not of God, so dismiss it entirely.
From my experience, this will probably not be the last time this happens to you. YOU MAY STILL NOT KNOW WHY GOD IS DIRECTING YOU TO THESE PLACES AFTER THE 3RD OR 4TH TIME IT HAPPENS. Let no man tell you why either.
Word of caution, & I mean no offense to anyone, but there are people today who call themselves prophets & prophetteses. I have seen none on tv that seem legitimate to me.( it's a paid career). Although I have never been a member of a charismatic church , I do know 2 people who claim to have these gifts. Both have been kicked out of charasmatic churches & are not really very nice people. whether they are on tv or in person, all I have known or seen are boasters.
This has been my experience. But I believe God does have prophets today, they are doing God's work as these Biblical prophets did, not out of pride or greed. In fact I know a Christian who has foretelling dreams that are always 100 % correct. He doesn't even know what a prophet is, & has no desire to gain fame or praise form his gift & doesn't even realize he has been gifted. Yet he knows it is of God. I'm trying to say politely not to get involved with charismatic prophets in such type churches, because you may get led astray from listening to God by their constant instruction on how to do it.
However, I do suggest you find someone more knowlegable than me in these matters, who is a humble Christian.
Notice how the biblical prophets acted. thay are the example. Not today's prophets.
Maybe what God wants you to do has nothing to do with prophecy, if so, be grateful. Can u imagine having these visions? How could you sleep at night?
God bless.
well actually i would love and be honored if god were to entrust me with such vision, and as for prophets i believe if they are getting payed for it they probably are either fake or misusing their gift.

W

webchatter

Sorry Blain I have to apologize for my previous post. God's prophets don't always have to be 100 % correct. I was wrong. I am so sorry. Cutting & pasting don't work well for me & it's too late for me to type it all out so i will give you the verses. I hope you don't mind.
Job 33:14-18
Duet.18:22-basic difference between false prophet & God's prophets
Jer. 18:7-10- is about how once a prophecy is given about a nation, if the people repent, God reserves the right to not destroy the people & land,depending on their repentance. If theytake heed to the message or not. God might change his mind if they repent & it would make the prophet look like a false prophet. In those days they were stoned to death. Jonah wasn't stoned to death fro predicting the destruction of ninevah, becasue the people repented & were not destroyed. I think I have gotten it right now.
Some prophets have to put a vision into words or interpret symbolic dreams. I don't think we still know what some of those meant that are in the Bible. There's a lot more in the Bible, but of course they are not of God if they claim another god. Scripture also says Do not be afraid of them if they speak in God's name but speak" presumptuously". (Err In interpretation I think, instead of waiting on confirmation).Bottom line is to judge them by their fruits. I'm sure you can find a humble servant of God to guide you that knows much more about these things.So they don't have to be 100% correct, but their intention should be to be 100% correct.God bless.

K

kenisyes

There is an early Christian document called the Didache. It's not part of Bible of course, but it is a manual for the operation of the church from quite early in the Church's history. There are some who believe it was written by the 12 themselves, when James was still alive. I copied this from Didache. The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles (translation Roberts-Donaldson). It certainly gives a reasonable perspective of what they thought of prophets.

Chapter 11. Concerning Teachers, Apostles, and Prophets. Whosoever, therefore, comes and teaches you all these things that have been said before, receive him. But if the teacher himself turns and teaches another doctrine to the destruction of this, hear him not. But if he teaches so as to increase righteousness and the knowledge of the Lord, receive him as the Lord. But concerning the apostles and prophets, act according to the decree of the Gospel. Let every apostle who comes to you be received as the Lord. But he shall not remain more than one day; or two days, if there's a need. But if he remains three days, he is a false prophet. And when the apostle goes away, let him take nothing but bread until he lodges. If he asks for money, he is a false prophet. And every prophet who speaks in the Spirit you shall neither try nor judge; for every sin shall be forgiven, but this sin shall not be forgiven. But not every one who speaks in the Spirit is a prophet; but only if he holds the ways of the Lord. Therefore from their ways shall the false prophet and the prophet be known. And every prophet who orders a meal in the Spirit does not eat it, unless he is indeed a false prophet. And every prophet who teaches the truth, but does not do what he teaches, is a false prophet. And every prophet, proved true, working unto the mystery of the Church in the world, yet not teaching others to do what he himself does, shall not be judged among you, for with God he has his judgment; for so did also the ancient prophets. But whoever says in the Spirit, Give me money, or something else, you shall not listen to him. But if he tells you to give for others' sake who are in need, let no one judge him.
Chapter 12. Reception of Christians. But receive everyone who comes in the name of the Lord, and prove and know him afterward; for you shall have understanding right and left. If he who comes is a wayfarer, assist him as far as you are able; but he shall not remain with you more than two or three days, if need be. But if he wants to stay with you, and is an artisan, let him work and eat. But if he has no trade, according to your understanding, see to it that, as a Christian, he shall not live with you idle. But if he wills not to do, he is a Christ-monger. Watch that you keep away from such.
Chapter 13. Support of Prophets. But every true prophet who wants to live among you is worthy of his support. So also a true teacher is himself worthy, as the workman, of his support. Every first-fruit, therefore, of the products of wine-press and threshing-floor, of oxen and of sheep, you shall take and give to the prophets, for they are your high priests. But if you have no prophet, give it to the poor. If you make a batch of dough, take the first-fruit and give according to the commandment. So also when you open a jar of wine or of oil, take the first-fruit and give it to the prophets; and of money (silver) and clothing and every possession, take the first-fruit, as it may seem good to you, and give according to the commandment.