Hassidic Rabbi: War of Gog and Magog Already Began in Syria

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
“And soon we will merit seeing miracles and wonders this year when the Messiah is revealed through righteousness and loving-kindness. Amen!”

Is this guy reading the same Bible I am?

Read more at God “Sweetened Judgement”on Israel by Moving War of Gog and Magog to Syria - Israel News
The players aren't in place yet.
Besides there is nothing that says Gog won't first rendezvous the player Nations in Syria first and then an evil thought enters Gog's mind to attack Israel.
Ezekiel 38:10-11 (KJV)
10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
Who knows, when Gog's armies are destroyed in the northern mountains of Israel, may be the same time Damascus is cut off...
Isaiah 17:1 (KJV) The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Has never happened yet to this ancient City.

(Oops, he is mentioning Damascus )

Last edited:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
In his talk, reported by the Hebrew language website Sod 1820, the Mishkolitz Rebbe explained that, contrary to the Biblical sources which describe the War of Gog and Magog as taking place in Israel, the war has already begun and is taking place in Syria
Let's see, deny Scripture when it is convenient, and then..

The proof of this, as it is brought by the sages of blessed memory (Sifri Numbers Chapter 1), ‘In the future, the gates of Jerusalem will reach Damascus.’ In that case, instead of the war being inside Jerusalem, and the people of Israel suffering as a result, God has extended Jerusalem to include Damascus in order that the enormous war will be there, like we are seeing now.” the Mishkolitz Rebbe explained.
..use it to suit your case... Sound familiar?

Different Numbers?. Oh, ok different Scriptures, so there is no case!

Last edited:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I don't even think other Rabbis listen to Hasidic Rabbis.

I

Is

The rabbi called on Jews around the world to unite and take heed of God’s commandments. “There remains for us to be united among ourselves and to be wary of internal disputes and to be careful not to speak slander about each other because the Messiah is already here and he hears everything.”
Read more at God “Sweetened Judgement”on Israel by Moving War of Gog and Magog to Syria - Israel News

"Messiah is already here and he hears everything.”

Where do they get this stuff?

Sep 4, 2012
Someone send him a NT. Revelation tells us when Gog/Magog goes nuts.

​And when the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison and he will go out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to assemble them for battle, whose number is like the sand of the sea. And they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the fortified camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and consumed them. Revelation 20:7-9

Sep 4, 2012
Who knows, when Gog's armies are destroyed in the northern mountains of Israel, may be the same time Damascus is cut off...
Has never happened yet to this ancient City.
(Oops, he is mentioning Damascus )
The kingdom of Damascus was destroyed 2600 years ago by the Assyrians.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The kingdom of Damascus was destroyed 2600 years ago by the Assyrians.
Perhaps a double prophesy where the first is only a shadow of the 2nd since Damascus did not cease to be a city and did not remain a ruinous heap...

New International Version
A prophecy against Damascus: "See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.

New Living Translation
This message came to me concerning Damascus: "Look, the city of Damascus will disappear! It will become a heap of ruins.

English Standard Version
An oracle concerning Damascus. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.

New American Standard Bible
The oracle concerning Damascus. "Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city And will become a fallen ruin.

King James Bible
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
An oracle against Damascus: Look, Damascus is no longer a city. It has become a ruined heap.

International Standard Version
A message about Damascus: "Look! Damascus will cease to be a city. Instead, it will become a pile of ruins.

NET Bible
Here is a message about Damascus: "Look, Damascus is no longer a city, it is a heap of ruins!

GOD'S WORD® Translation
This is the divine revelation about Damascus. "Damascus will no longer be a city. It will become a pile of rubble.

JPS Tanakh 1917
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, And it shall be a ruinous heap.

New American Standard 1977
The oracle concerning Damascus.
“Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city,
And it will become a fallen ruin.

Jubilee Bible 2000
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

King James 2000 Bible
The burden concerning Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
THE burden of Damascus. Behold Damascus shall cease to be a city, and shall be as a ruinous heap of stones.

Darby Bible Translation
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
The burden of Damascus: "Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it will be a ruinous heap.

Young's Literal Translation
The burden of Damascus. Lo, Damascus is taken away from being a city, And it hath been a heap -- a ruin.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Someone send him a NT. Revelation tells us when Gog/Magog goes nuts.
​And when the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison and he will go out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to assemble them for battle, whose number is like the sand of the sea. And they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the fortified camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and consumed them. Revelation 20:7-9
Ezekiel mentions certain nations, not the four corners. As a matter of fact Sheba and Dedan object to Gogs advance (38:13). Different campaign. In Ezekiel the bodies are buried for 7 months (39:12), in Revelation we go into the White Throne Judgment.

Sep 4, 2012
Perhaps a double prophesy where the first is only a shadow of the 2nd since Damascus did not cease to be a city and did not remain a ruinous heap...
But the kingdom of Damascus was completely destroyed. Its inhabitants and king were exiled. It ceased to exist. Cities are more than just buildings.

I doubt when Israel was destroyed 10 years later that all of its cities became ruins, but the kingdom was destroyed nonetheless because its king and inhabitants were exiled.

Plus Isaiah 17 predicts the downfall of both Damascus and Israel, which happened in 732 BC and 722 BC respectively.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
But the kingdom of Damascus was completely destroyed. Its inhabitants and king were exiled. It ceased to exist. Cities are more than just buildings.

I doubt when Israel was destroyed 10 years later that all of its cities became ruins, but the kingdom was destroyed nonetheless because its king and inhabitants were exiled.

Plus Isaiah 17 predicts the downfall of both Damascus and Israel, which happened in 732 BC and 722 BC respectively.
Like I said double prophecy, Damascus didn't cease to exist unless that is a mirage in the desert. Heap of ruins indicate no rebuilding.
In any case time will tell.

T

tanach

The situation in Syria is changing by the day. Up until now Israel has not been dragged into the conflict That doesn't mean it wont be, but I feel that if the main purpose of Russia was to attack Israel it would have happened by now instead of it picking off
Syrian rebels. The main purpose seems to be keeping Assad in power attacking Israel would launch WW3. Problem is things can
get out of control very easily in war situations. I believe the Gog Magog battle is at the end of the Millenium but that doesn't mean that there cant be a war in the region unrelated to Bible prophecy.

Sep 4, 2012
Like I said double prophecy, Damascus didn't cease to exist unless that is a mirage in the desert. Heap of ruins indicate no rebuilding.
In any case time will tell.
I respect you immensely, and am not trying to belabor the point, but I found this that I think is quite interesting and want to put it here for reference. It was written in the annals of the king of Assyria, Tiglath-pileser, who destroyed the kingdom of Damascus in 732 BC.

“I took 800 people together with their property, their cattle (and) their sheep as spoil. I took 750 captives of the cities of Kurussa (and) Sama (as well as) 550 captives from the city of Metuna as spoil. I destroyed 591 cities from the 16 districts of Damascus like ruins from the Flood.”

D

didymos

“And soon we will merit seeing miracles and wonders this year when the Messiah is revealed through righteousness and loving-kindness. Amen!”

Is this guy reading the same Bible I am?

This should either be in "Bible Discussion" or maybe even "Conspiracy." This is his opinion, not objective fact, so it can hardly be called news.

Sep 4, 2012
This should either be in "Bible Discussion" or maybe even "Conspiracy." This is his opinion, not objective fact, so it can hardly be called news.
I think it's a highly relevant news article because it highlights the mindset of some over there that since Isaiah 17 hasn't been fulfilled war is necessary because prophecy demands it. Sick.

Sep 4, 2012
I think it's a highly relevant news article because it highlights the mindset of some over there that since Isaiah 17 hasn't been fulfilled war is necessary because prophecy demands it. Sick.
Oops. I meant Gog/Magog, not Isaiah 17 (even though the same applies).

I

Is

The point of this thread was to point out that some forms of Judaism still think that God will not seek retribution against Israel since this guy says:

“My heart tells me that God has mercy on Israel. Despite what the prophets prophesized, that the War of Gog and Magog needs to be inside Jerusalem, God is sweetening the judgment and is making this war happen in Syria,” he stated.

Despite what the prophets prophesized

Plus I just love that smashingly attractive outfit the guy is wearing.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I respect you immensely, and am not trying to belabor the point, but I found this that I think is quite interesting and want to put it here for reference. It was written in the annals of the king of Assyria, Tiglath-pileser, who destroyed the kingdom of Damascus in 732 BC.

“I took 800 people together with their property, their cattle (and) their sheep as spoil. I took 750 captives of the cities of Kurussa (and) Sama (as well as) 550 captives from the city of Metuna as spoil. I destroyed 591 cities from the 16 districts of Damascus like ruins from the Flood.”
It would probably be a good idea if each person put a big fat "IMHO" before each of their posts especially on a topic like prophecy. :)