Have i committed the what is described in Hebrews 10:26 please any help would be appreciated

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Still not following you nor do I understand your last paragraph at all. All we have IS the bible with which to use in the formulation of our religious doctrine governingour physical existenceas well as spiritual. There is nothing else. So far, you're not making good sense.
You said this:
" but to them back then 2000 plus yrs ago, addressing their issues of the day. When you understand that, if ever, as some don't and/or refuse to, then it's easier to understand scripture and how it applies to us today, as it may be applicable. "

The " addressing their issues of the day" is not pertinent to an understanding of things spiritual and should not be perceived as
a necessary part of acquiring that understanding. And this is all that I will say about it.

DJT_47

Oct 20, 2022
You said this:
" but to them back then 2000 plus yrs ago, addressing their issues of the day. When you understand that, if ever, as some don't and/or refuse to, then it's easier to understand scripture and how it applies to us today, as it may be applicable. "

The " addressing their issues of the day" is not pertinent to an understanding of things spiritual and should not be perceived as
a necessary part of acquiring that understanding. And this is all that I will say about it.
It most certainly is pertinent because the lack of understanding is and has been the cause of division with misunderstanding and misinterpretation leading to the establishment of false religious beliefs and sects within Christianity, or DENOMINATIONS.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I really didn't want to get embroiled in this discussion, but based upon the above, I feel I must.
The Bible was NOT written for, nor based upon, any particular period in history - it was not intended as a historical, cultural, issues of the day secular, book. Instead, it was written by God to expressly to teach of Christ as Saviour, and of His timeless eternal truths, which transcend any given time period. The Bible should be perceived as being standalone: its own dictionary, fully integrated across all chapter and verse, a glossary of terms, a cross reference, and a self-use instructional manual - fully self-contained, needing no addition for its mission beyond what is already there. Christ is not always easy to find in it, but He is always there being its foundation.

[Psa 40:7 KJV] 7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book [it is] written of me,

Only, and specifically, those rules alone that the Bible identifies about itself should be used to interpret it, not using rules that someone deems correct or may believe appropriate for such. The Bible is not to be read as any other book is, because God did not write it .

[2Co 1:12 KJV]
12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

[2Co 11:3 KJV] 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

[2Ti 3:16-17 KJV]
16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
FYI the word of God profits in all things :

• Historical
  • cultural issues
  • profitable for correction, reproof, instruction in righteousness

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
FYI the word of God profits in all things :

• Historical
  • cultural issues
  • profitable for correction, reproof, instruction in righteousness
Appreciate the info, but sorry, I don't follow you. Where in the Bible do you find that it profits historical and cultural issues or that they are the Bible's primary concern?
I believe that the instruction in righteousness you reference, pertains only to Christ, as He alone is righteous, and that our righteousness comes only though/by Him.
The Bible was written by God solely regarding Christ and His salvation. Other than that, I believe what remains is secular in nature, which, the Bible was not primarily concerned with, nor intended to convey. There may be other ancillary and secondary points made in that regard, but they are not the equal of finding and understanding God's spiritual doctrine of salvation which far surpasses all else.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
It most certainly is pertinent because the lack of understanding is and has been the cause of division with misunderstanding and misinterpretation leading to the establishment of false religious beliefs and sects within Christianity, or DENOMINATIONS.
No. The point of the Bible is to convey God's eternal salvation and God's eternal judgment. Compared to that, all else is insignificant.

DJT_47

Oct 20, 2022
No. The point of the Bible is to convey God's eternal salvation and God's eternal judgment. Compared to that, all else is insignificant.
I didn't say nor infer the bible is not about Christ, the fall of man, and redemption through Christ, it is, but it is also a historical record which as I stated is and has been misunderstood and misapplied to the extent that the saving message of the bible has been distorted resulting in false belief, a false message, and not saving souls. That cannot be denied. Also, it's by the historical record that the good news came to us, and it's imperative that the message is preached and preached in truth in order to attain God's saving grace. And to reiterate, the various pieces of that comprise the bible were not written to us and when improperly understood, it results in distortion of the biblical message.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
I didn't say nor infer the bible is not about Christ, the fall of man, and redemption through Christ, it is, but it is also a historical record which as I stated is and has been misunderstood and misapplied to the extent that the saving message of the bible has been distorted resulting in false belief, a false message, and not saving souls. That cannot be denied. Also, it's by the historical record that the good news came to us, and it's imperative that the message is preached and preached in truth in order to attain God's saving grace. And to reiterate, the various pieces of that comprise the bible were not written to us and when improperly understood, it results in distortion of the biblical message.
I don't follow what your point is. I will just say that for it to be God 's saving grace, then it cannot be attained, but only freely given, otherwise, it isn't, and it can't be, grace. Besides that, I can't follow the remainder of your post.